Asmed, higher number of grafts than other clinics

Yes, but Asmed usually still needs more grafts than other clinics to achieve their result regardless NW scale. If for NW2 other clinics need 1500 - 2000 grafts, Asmed needs 3000. If for NW3 other clinics need 2500 - 3000 grafts, Asmed needs 4000, etc. Their donor areas look quite qood after megasessions. Are they cheat with number of grafts? Yes, I agree, Asmed´s hairline design is disaster. One unnatural, strange and ridiculous hairline is also on my head. Dr. Erdogan used to say that"your hairline is always with you". This is true. I hate my hairline everywhere I go...  

On 8/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, transplantedphil said:

i dont think they cheat per se, but I would definitely argue their approach is less artistic and thought-out than other clinics which have more direct doctor involvement. And so that might be reflected in their higher graft numbers. Asmed are also not known for their conservatism, so comparing different graft estimates between clinics can also be difficult.

Hair selection matters (there are different types of hair located throughout the donor), the placement of grafts matter, hair direction matter. If getting a HT is about creating an "illusion of density" it's how a clinic approaches these things (and more) that distinguishes an average clinic from a great one - there is an artistry to this field after all. IMO Asmed basically just get the job done - which for a lot of guys is enough. 

I dont know your current situation or what happened specifically, but im sorry about your hairline. All I can hope is that you still have a viable donor supply and some options to fix it. If it helps Ive seen a few repair cases by Feriduni lately where he has fixed and redrawn the hairline which looked amazing. 

Thank you very much for your comment. I was at Asmed in January 2017. This is link on my whole story:

Asmed and "Dr." Erdogan fuc.ed up my HT, my hairline is unnatural, strange and ridiculous and my density is very lack. Also they refuse any responsibility for this hair transplant. I am just curious why they usually need much more grafts than other clinics to achieve their results. But you are right. Surgery is performed by technicians, doctors just do the incisions part. Maybe therefore they need more grafts. In present, when donor area is more valuable than money, taking into account their attitude to their clients, when Asmed refuse responsibility for anything,  I am surprise that still have some clients... 

On 8/4/2020 at 9:16 AM, transplantedphil said:

i dont think they cheat per se, but I would definitely argue their approach is less artistic and thought-out than other clinics which have more direct doctor involvement. And so that might be reflected in their higher graft numbers. Asmed are also not known for their conservatism, so comparing different graft estimates between clinics can also be difficult.

Hair selection matters (there are different types of hair located throughout the donor), the placement of grafts matter, hair direction matter. If getting a HT is about creating an "illusion of density" it's how a clinic approaches these things (and more) that distinguishes an average clinic from a great one - there is an artistry to this field after all. IMO Asmed basically just get the job done - which for a lot of guys is enough. 

I dont know your current situation or what happened specifically, but im sorry about your hairline. All I can hope is that you still have a viable donor supply and some options to fix it. If it helps Ive seen a few repair cases by Feriduni lately where he has fixed and redrawn the hairline which looked amazing. 

And yes, Dr. Feriduni was between doctors for my repair HT. But I choosed another one. I hope, the best... 

• 2 weeks later...

I got a personal message, where was written that Asmed doesn't count extracted grafts, but extracted grafts after splitting, which means that Asmed extract f.e. 2000 grafts and they split them to f.e. 4000 and patient pays money for 4000 grafts. Did someone hear something about it? In this case, Asmed is most expensive HT clinic in Turkey and one of the most expensive in Europe.

I got a personal message, where was written that Asmed doesn't count extracted grafts, but extracted grafts after splitting, which means that Asmed extract f.e. 2000 grafts and they split them to f.e. 4000 and patient pays money for 4000 grafts. Did someone hear something about it? In this case, Asmed is most expensive HT clinic in Turkey and one of the most expensive in Europe.

Don't think the above is true - the number of patients they do every day (at least 4) and the results and number of threads they have all over hairloss forums (not just this one) you'd think they'd have found that out by now?

The reason why Asmed estimates more grafts than other clinics is only one: the gain.  The more grafts they extract, the more they collect, and isn't it true that Asmed's patient donors always turn out good, remember the Dust78 thread?

Thank you guys for opinions. But... Before choosing a clinic for repair HT I underwent several consultations at reputable clinics and at few of them I was told that it is highly unlikely that 4500 grafts were transplanted a they estimated that I had approximately 3000 grafts transplanted. Therefore I am interested, why ASMED usually needs much more grafts than other clinics... 

I got an information, that ASMED and Dr. Erdogan were removed from list of surgeons and clinic recomended by this forum. I checked it and it is true. Thank you for every potential future patient of this clinic and doctor...

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, miko said:

I got an information, that ASMED and Dr. Erdogan were removed from list of surgeons and clinic recomended by this forum. I checked it and it is true. Thank you for every potential future patient of this clinic and doctor...

Yes, we have removed him from our recommendations. Ultimately, we stand for the patients, and we’ve had a lot of complaints. Now, having said that, it does appear that his results are improving, based on recent reviews. However, that doesn’t help past patients, so I understand.

• Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you very much Melvin, now I believe that you stand for the patients. Also I believe that you have a lot of complaints. I suppose that not just about results, but also about ASMED´s attitude to their results and to the patients. I never met more unprofessional clinic like ASMED in my life. Choosing ASMED and Dr. Erdogan for HT was my worst decision in whole my life. Yes, it doesn´t help me. I need another 10.000,-  eur for 2nd HT. But I hope, you saved money and donor areas for many potential patients for future. 

@Melvin-ModeratorPlease, did you find out where is the problem at ASMED and Dr. Erdogan? Why more and more results are bad and more and more patients complaining about ASMED? Does ASMED cheat with number of grafts? Or they changed technic of HT? Or they use non skillful nurses? 

35 minutes ago, miko said:

@Melvin-ModeratorPlease, did you find out where is the problem at ASMED and Dr. Erdogan? Why more and more results are bad and more and more patients complaining about ASMED? Does ASMED cheat with number of grafts? Or they changed technic of HT? Or they use non skillful nurses? 

They're expanding more and more, hiring new tech teams who needs to get experience to get better, so lots of people are a guinea pigs in there.

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

58 minutes ago, Rolandas said:

They're expanding more and more, hiring new tech teams who needs to get experience to get better, so lots of people are a guinea pigs in there.

Perfect. Patients pay a lot of money to be a guinea pigs at ASMED... Crazy

On 8/29/2020 at 11:01 AM, miko said:

... and my present summer photo of ASMED´s and Dr. Erdogan´s result with 4500 grafts...

20200829_101252.jpg

Man, sorry for your results

I mean initially I thought "that isn't bad, really" then I see your pre-surgery photos. Ouch

The Turkey clinics do most of their work in hairline, to make a bad hairline that way is confusing