How Many Grafts Do You Need To Get A Dense Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

There's always questions surrounding the number of grafts, how many grafts per cm2, and the 50% rule. But what does that really mean to the average person researching a hair transplant? Most people just want to know a number, is it 1,000, 2,000, etc. What does the community think, let's put our heads together, and suppose a guys is a norwood 3, how many grafts?

How Many Grafts Do I Need To Get A Dense Hair Transplant?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'd say 3,000 grafts for a pretty bad NW3.

I figure 3k for the first 1/3 of the head. 2k for the mid scalp. 2k for the crown. This is all subject to change based on the individual person, but this is a common structure I've seen.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Those are good estimates, another thing to consider is hair thickness. A Norwood 3 with thick hair can probably get away with half the grafts of a Norwood 3 with fine hair.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The head size and hair calibre differ in each individual. An average pf 2500 to 3000 grafts would be sufficient for  Norwood Grade III. However, it also depends on how low or how high the hairline is chosen. Also taken into account is the factor whether the patient is willing to take Finasteride or not. Depending on the patient's history, if there is a vast degree of baldness in the family then the patient would also follow in the same direction. Hence a comservative approach would be chosen to use less grafts and conserve for more in the future. The density of 40 hair per sqcm seems dufficient for the hairline zone. In the mid scalp, however? 30 hair per sqcm seems to do the trick as it is an aesthetically non important area.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ