Pros and Cons To DermMatch

• Administrators

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I've used this stuff with toppik, its pretty good. Maybe this is covered in the video, here's my 2cents.

I started applying it when my hair was wet because more of the scalp is exposed when your hair is wet and clumped together, but its actually better to apply it when your hair/scalp are dry. Don''t even wet the applicator, everything being dry is best.

Do some experimentation/evaluation before going out into the world with it. One thing to be very aware of is the effect of LIGHTING -indoor/outdoor/sunlight on how it looks  -don't just apply it in your bathroom and assume because it looks great in the mirror that its going to look great in the other lighting conditions you are going to be in. Brighter indoor lighting and outdoor/sunlight require more finesse. Take some pictures, a mirror with you outside, etc the other lighting situations you are normally in, and then compare them with how you looked in the bathroom mirror. That will help you find the best application method.

Shorter hair makes it easier to comb through so that it applies more evenly across your hair shafts to give a more consistent look, but then there's how close of a match your natural hair is with the dermatch. I consider my hair color to be light brown, but medium brown was the best match. Even the dark brown looks alright on the top but then I would have to apply it to the sides of my hair too for a consistent look. Anyway, the darker your hair the more consistent your results will look in my opinion, seems to be in terms of how light reflects off everything -darker colors absorb light while lighter colors reflect it, more color variations in reflections.

I would apply it mostly for the scalp coverage and to thicken up the hairs, then have a little dry towel to rub over the top of my hair to clear off the excess that can also give your hair a dull look if you apply too much. And then I would sprinkle on the toppik fibers - a slightly better match for my hair color as well, and then comb that through, then style and hairspray.

It can be a great way to strategically plan and delay HTs, but the more you continue to loose the more difficult it gets to effectively apply.

Edited by ciaus
  • Thanks 1

I started using this and it's great for targeting smaller areas (like portions of my side part) or some small patches in my beard. Highly recommend. 

Its come in a mini bottle with a built in mirror. Pretty neat design. 

https://tintbrand.com/

• Like 2

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, hairlosscpa said:

I started using this and it's great for targeting smaller areas (like portions of my side part) or some small patches in my beard. Highly recommend. 

Looks interesting, you don't have to wet the applicator? Is it waterproof? I just received an email the other day from a company called Prothik. Apparently, they have a fiber that is waterproof, they're saying it is resin technology. They're gonna be sending me a bottle to test it out, I'll be sure to report here when I do.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks interesting, you don't have to wet the applicator? Is it waterproof? I just received an email the other day from a company called Prothik. Apparently, they have a fiber that is waterproof, they're saying it is resin technology. They're gonna be sending me a bottle to test it out, I'll be sure to report here when I do.

No need to wet the applicator - I don't, but you probably could if you wanted thicker coverage. Can't really comment on the waterproof yet but the little I apply to my beard doesnt come off when I wash my face with water. 

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
31 minutes ago, AB2000 said:

It's been over ten years since I used this product.  Very surprised to see that it's $47 both on Amazon and through the company's website.  I can't remember how much I used to pay for it, but nothing like that.  Very expensive now.

Yea, it’s shocking, guess it’s because you don’t have to use as much as fibers. I just got this spray prothik in the mail. They want me to review it, but honestly it seems like that cheesy GLH commercial from the 90’s the babes are back! 

image.jpeg

View my thread

On 7/31/2020 at 10:52 AM, hairlosscpa said:

On 7/31/2020 at 6:46 PM, Montreal said:

oh let us no please about that waterproof fiber

On 7/31/2020 at 11:34 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

yes tint brand is waterproof i saw a few of their videos and one of the guys gets pushed in a pool and comes out and touches it with his hand and its smudge-proof. might have to try it. they actually have discounts on their site. i got one in my email but haven't used it yet 🤦‍♂️

21 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yea, it’s shocking, guess it’s because you don’t have to use as much as fibers. I just got this spray prothik in the mail. They want me to review it, but honestly it seems like that cheesy GLH commercial from the 90’s the babes are back! 

image.jpeg

I've linked to this topic a few times in other topics when suggesting guys check it out -and now the preview image is no longer the one from the first post, its this goofy "The BABES are back!" jpeg that loads. So from now on I'm just going to link to this forum section and tell them its the top thread so they don't just blow off my suggestion based on the pic. :D 

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2020 at 4:22 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

image.jpeg

dude their website looks like a 12 year old put it together lol

Link to what I did to grow my hair back without a transplant. 2 year update. 

• 1 year later...

This is by far the best concealer I have found. It really saved me and i've been using it for 7+years. It makes my hair loss virtually undetectable once I style. I do recommend for others that have thinning hair. I don't know how it would work on a completely bald scalp. It is waterproof and you don't have to worry about smudging/ washing off once its set. It also lasts a long time. I liked that it didnt stiffen my hair or change the texture, it remained soft. 

It comes with 3 applicators and a concealer disk. You just wet the applicator (sqeeze off excess water) and use it like a paintbrush and apply it directly to your scalp. I like to let it air dry but you can speed things up with a blowdryer. 

• Like 1