Top 3 Things You Should Look For When Researching A Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

Ok guys, education time, here's my list of the top 3 things you should look at, but did I miss any? I would love to hear your guys top 3, when we share, we learn.

Top 3 Things You Should Look For When Researching A Hair Transplant

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Excellent points Melvin. I would also include the surgeon's expertise and their overall attitude to their approach. Some can be very bullheaded and stubborn with what they want to do but they also must be receptive to the patient's wants/needs and be able to educate. Some also are good at specific methods like doing just FUT, FUE, hairline, crown etc. Goes back to your first point on results but I often feel like a lot of people just assume all surgeons have the same capabilities of wherever the hair is being placed.

• Like 1

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, makehairgreatagain said:

Excellent points Melvin. I would also include the surgeon's expertise and their overall attitude to their approach. Some can be very bullheaded and stubborn with what they want to do but they also must be receptive to the patient's wants/needs and be able to educate. Some also are good at specific methods like doing just FUT, FUE, hairline, crown etc. Goes back to your first point on results but I often feel like a lot of people just assume all surgeons have the same capabilities of wherever the hair is being placed.

Excellent point, surgeons are humans, and we have a bad habit of treating physicians as if they can do no wrong. Never let a surgeon dictate what he wants to do, if they are not receptive, look elsewhere. Definitely a good one to keep in mind.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, NicoAustralia said:

Fantastic unbiased content Melvin!

I would add, the surgeon's ability to do all types of HT. Most dodgy clinics in Turkey can only do FUE for instance because it's easier to train a non-medically trained person to perform it.

Yes, it’s always best to choose a surgeon that can do both FUT and FUE, they’ll give you their unbiased opinion on what’s best for you.

View my thread

Great list Melvin. One thing I always recommend is to choose a surgeon whose primary practice and focus is hair transplants. This is particularly important in a city like LA where I live which is abound with plastic surgeons who add "Hair Transplants" to the long list of services they provide (which is even easier for plastic surgeons to do with the addition of Artas to many practices)... It's like a one-stop-shop of sorts for any cosmetic procedure you could possibly want, and personally, I would feel much more confident in the work of a surgeon who performs 3-4 procedures a week as opposed to one who may perform a 2-3 a month amidst many other procedures. 

• Like 2

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, pkipling said:

Great list Melvin. One thing I always recommend is to choose a surgeon whose primary practice and focus is hair transplants. This is particularly important in a city like LA where I live which is abound with plastic surgeons who add "Hair Transplants" to the long list of services they provide (which is even easier for plastic surgeons to do with the addition of Artas to many practices)... It's like a one-stop-shop of sorts for any cosmetic procedure you could possibly want, and personally, I would feel much more confident in the work of a surgeon who performs 3-4 procedures a week as opposed to one who may perform a 2-3 a month amidst many other procedures. 

I couldn’t agree more, I’m also in the LA area, and there’s this perception that Beverly Hills has the best surgeons, how that happened I have no idea. These “Beverly hills” surgeons build their business off of “celebrities come here” as if celebrities somehow have the magic answer, they’re typically the worst people to model after. 

The problem is that these plastic surgeons will buy the Artas or neograft machines, they’ll start doing hair transplants to get more money, and hair is so complex and intricate that you really need a few years of doing just hair, to get good. 

View my thread