Hair loss in hands after styling

I've noticed after styling my hair with American Crew Fiber (thick paste that really helps thicken up my hair) that I count ~10 or so strands of hair in my hand daily. 

I know the typical response is "you lose hair every day" and there isn't  sure method for proving if it is really loss or not. 

Just wanted to throw it out there to compare experiences. I'm a NW 4 and have been on the mighty Fin for 3 years and haven't seen any major receding (yes, I measure it from my brow ridge occasionally), so I would opt that is just the natural hair lifecycle - but then again, cognitive dissonance is a b**ch. 

Any advice or thoughts are welcome. 

You should be alright

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-loss/insider/shedding

It’s normal to shed between 50 and 100 hairs a day. When the body sheds significantly more hairs every day, a person has excessive hair shedding. The medical term for this condition is telogen effluvium.

Excessive hair shedding is common in people who have experienced one the following stressors:

• Lost 20 pounds or more

• Given birth

• Experiencing lots of stress (caring for a loved one who is sick, going through a divorce, losing a job)

• Had high fever

• Undergone an operation

• Recovering from an illness, especially if it included high fever

• Stopped taking birth-control pills

Get back on the pill FuriousGeorge and report back again! ;)

Edited by ciaus
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

The fiber crew is thick, and can cause you to pull out more hair. I switched to a cream pomade, and have no issues. It may be the crew fiber, though I’ll say it’s a good product.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:54 PM, FuriousGeorge said:

I've noticed after styling my hair with American Crew Fiber (thick paste that really helps thicken up my hair) that I count ~10 or so strands of hair in my hand daily. 

I know the typical response is "you lose hair every day" and there isn't  sure method for proving if it is really loss or not. 

Just wanted to throw it out there to compare experiences. I'm a NW 4 and have been on the mighty Fin for 3 years and haven't seen any major receding (yes, I measure it from my brow ridge occasionally), so I would opt that is just the natural hair lifecycle - but then again, cognitive dissonance is a b**ch. 

Any advice or thoughts are welcome. 

I noticed this too when u used to use it years ago. I've moved on to a shine pomade like reuzel though as I style my hair's different now

• Administrators

This is what I currently use

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.