Dr Cinik 4300 transplants

Usexpat

So I am 52, had my first Transplant over 25 years ago in Orlando Florida. Had the strip treatment and it came out fantastic. I was over the moon. I went from a full head of thick hair to quite bald at the front in a very short period of time, I went for the surgery at a local clinic, didn't do any research and got real lucky with an incredible result. 

Fast forward 25 years and I was getting thin up front and up top. At the hairstylist I didn't want to see the back, EVER. Photos. GOD, is that old dude with my wife me? 

So for a few years now I have been interested in another session with somebody but time, who has it? I looked on here a few times and started a chat with a Dr in Ireland but it came to nothing .

Then saw a photo of a friend who I had not seen in a while on facebook, WHAT? Whats different? Thats not Jamie, it can't be? YEP, hair transplant, The best result I have ever seen, I messaged him and he told me it was this dude in Turkey and he signed up with a company called Capitol hair restoration who arranges everything for you. You can go direct and its cheaper but for me, the service Capitol gave was worth the extra. I had a meeting the guy from capitol and I was sold. I am a salesman from NJ and don't respond well to salesmans patter. This was nothing like that. Every question answered and zero pressure. I did some research at home and the only pause I had was that I could not find a bad review. Hundreds of reviews and no negatives. So I signed up. 

Mid June came fast and I was dropped at the airport by my wife, My rep met me and 2 other gents there and we got on the plane and flew to Istambul. Collected by a Mercedes Van that was the nicest I have ever been in, Airport Van, Nope, this was incredible. I wanted one for my daily 🙂  Took us to the hotel (past the clinic which looked nice) and we checked in, Had a nice dinner (all included) and went to bed. Up early for a taxi into town for a bit of sightseeing and then off to the clinic 

So got to the clinic and each went in for a blood test (for covid and I am sure other things) and then to have a port put in. I know this was put in wrong but stupidly didn't say anything, I was a bit nervous 

Went up to talk to the Dr and got a hairline drawn which was discussed a bit and redrawn. We also talked about numbers of grafts. 3300-3500 was spoken about and I was happy. I had depleted donor so it was coming from my head, chest and neck. 

Then off for photos....last ones of me looking horrid 

Then to the hair shaving....took a few funny photos of this 

Then to the room for the procedure 

First let me say, if this clinic was in NY, LA, anywhere, it would not be out of place. Everyone dressed well, smiling, marble floors, beautiful. 

So the shots....THE SHOTS!!!!! SUCKED!!! I mean really sucked. And I had alot as more donor sites. THEY SUCKED. Did I say they sucked? Because they did. 

Necessary evil those things 

So after the shots it was all hands on deck, always had 2 if not three workers on me. Drilling (is that right term?) the donor hairs, then another person plucking them out and another making the holes. Short breaks for bathroom and a supplied meal. 

about 6 hours in I was getting uncomfortable but stuck it out and was told it was another 20 mins. More like an hour later it was done. Had a bit of a hiccup when my crown split (I believe) and it bled a bit) but they eventually sorted it and we were done. 

Went back to the hotel and had a meal with the guys and went to bed. I struggled to sleep as we were warned against bumping or touching or any contact with our head so I was nervous. Very little sleep. 

Up at 5am, to airport, boarded the plane and got home. No pain to speak off, swelling (I was a bobble scalp) and discomfort but nothing like the shots. Did I mention the shots? 

Within a few days I had stubble all over. It was growing!! I actually looked good with 1/2mm of stubble and everyone (well 2 people) started calling me Heston the chef. I would take that to the bank 🙂 

Religiously took the supplied meds and used the foam cleanser and soap as recommended. Think a bath was taken 2 days post op. The shampoo supplied tingled. Nice stuff which I am still using. 

I need to check exact dates but I think my surgery was 16th of June. After about 10 days the swelling was mostly gone and scabs came and went. Lots of sensations in my head. Tingling, feelings of movement, pin pricks of sensations and such, This has nearly all gone now. 

So I am now about 6 weeks post. Got a decent amount of shock loss and looking pretty patchy but I see light at the end of the tunnel. 

All my photos are on my phone so will add them now 

Looks like good work - clean - well spaced.  It should be a good result.  Keep us posted as it progresses!

You will be the envy of the AARP crowd...

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Thanks, Yeah, the spacing was amazing, I could see it better on the other two guys and it was perfect. 

BTW, this site is driving me nuts with the constantly having me log in. Then it says password is wrong, then I am locked out. Then I have to change my password. Is it happening to other folks? 

Sorry, to return to my comment about the installed port. I knew it was too deep. I have had them before and this one was set right then pushed all the way in, OUCH. I knew it was wrong but silly me didn't speak up. During the early stages of the procedure I had to flip over and OUCH!!! it hurt, big time, kinda like the shots but all at once. The tech pulled it out pronto and all was well after that. 

Looks good, happy growing!

How many grafts did you get from the different locations?

So you only had one FUT in the past, yet your donor is depleted and not suitable for FUE? How does that happen? Have you been taking any medication (finasteride, minoxidil)?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Montreal said:

so does the hair on the chest grow back ? does it leave marks like on the back of the head ?

I had a pretty darn hairy chest and same as your head the other hairs will cover the missing ones. The ones removed won't grow back on my chest but hopefully will on my head 🙂  The ones removed from the chest, they use a larger removal cutter so the marks stay longer. Mine are still clearly visible after approx 6 weeks. My chin and neck area I shaved in approx 10 days, few bumps afterwards but now basically undetectable 

3 hours ago, rob7331 said:

Work looks great, super excited for you. Can't wait to see how this turns out, especially with the use of beard and chest hair! Nice job.

Thats real nice to say, Thanks, Its my last shot at looking decent for the wife 🙂 

7 hours ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Looks good, happy growing!

Thank you 

How many grafts did you get from the different locations?

Ughh, they told me when I was pretty doped up and tired. I think it was 200 or so chin and 400 or so chest, Sorry I don't remember exact numbers 

So you only had one FUT in the past, yet your donor is depleted and not suitable for FUE? How does that happen? Have you been taking any medication (finasteride, minoxidil)?

No, I had plenty taken from the back and sides. Just not enough for the result wanted. This particular clinic will do as many as they can rather than a set amount. They said approx 3300-3500 but did 4300. I will say they were like an army unit, they didn't stop. I mean they went on an on, 2 or 3 persons working me at the same time. 

One comment from my experience 

Back in the day, over 25 years ago when I had my first, FUT (thats strip right?) here is how it went, They quoted me X amount of money, think it was $8k for X number of grafts. They then cut out the strip, counted the grafts and said, "hmmm, we have X number of grafts plus XX number in this strip. Do you want to pay the additional per graft $ to get them all put in?" So $12,500 later they used all the grafts. This is a place that is no longer in business but I always wondered. So if you have the strip removed and there is 4000 grafts and they are only contracted to do 3000. Do they chuck the others? This is all hypothetical and maybe I was scammed at that time but its an interesting question and one I would ask if I was getting FUT

IMHO opinion, Not an expert other than having FUT and FUE 1 x each. I don't know why anyone would get FUT anymore. The strip scar I was aware of for many years as a raised lump from ear to ear. When I got short haircuts it was visible and even now I still get weird sensations from it from time to time especially if I lean against something with it touching a hard surface. Just my observation. I would only get FUE from this point forward although doubtful I could go again with my donor level. I don't want to alarm anyone with my comments but as a person who's had both its worth mentioning my experiences 

• Like 1

Now I did warn you folks, Not my best look (and I am wearing trousers 🙂 ) 

Just checked, procedure was 23nd of June. Think thats 38 days 

Chin and back of head area are healed nicely. Chest still showing clear evidence of action there. Again, those "cores" are bigger from what I understand. 

I am also led to believe that beard hair is the best for successful transplanting, after head donor area. Again, thats from reading. 

7626DFAE-6D20-4424-B7F3-11D11DFF29AC.jpeg

F73BCB93-CC21-4B41-991A-DE331C53DE26.jpeg

430596D0-EAA8-4DCE-A790-A804C14154E7.jpeg

B81E3BA3-59AB-4181-8246-7E69F1E6C984.jpeg

9CBB3F7A-0506-433C-88FA-A54A60DDE128.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Great to read your post, like me you have had many procedures.  From your earlier ones now that a lot of time has passed did you notice if any of the implanted hairs (that are supposed to be permanent) fell out over time?  Or did your natural hair receed further to warrant the need for further procedures?  A couple of my procedures from over 10 years ago were quite successful at repairing my hairline at the time, but less than a decade later a lot of the implanted hairs had vanished.  After my most recent procedure I have great hairline again, but I do worry for the future...

Please keep updating looking forward to seeing how this turns out :) 

• 2 months later...