Black Male 28M - 4500 Grafts - ith Asli Tarcan - Turkey - July 28

didit07

Hi everyone, I posted a few weeks ago about graft strategy prior to my surgery in Turkey. I went with Asli Tarcan as they have among the most documented cases of successful hair transplants for black men online. There is a community of black men who have gone to Asli Tarcan and chatting about their experiences there. The biggest red flag is the clinics willingness to do 5500+ graft sessions. Some black men have recovered perfectly in their donor area but others have not. For that reason I told them to cap it at 4500 grafts.

My end goal is to have consistency in my hair and be able to grow my hear to 6mm. I dont want an afro and or anything like that, I am realistic and understand that such hairstyles are out of the question.

Some vids of amazing transformation from those who went to asli tarcan.

Pictures of PRE-OP hair at 2.5 weeks growth attached.

955823331_IMG-20200719-WA00092.thumb.jpg.d1fb2309014c0dac7e23348feca5dac3.jpg

1459728249_IMG-20200719-WA00102.thumb.jpg.e14d7e823e113a8e556793046df12946.jpg

IMG-20200719-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a5b0f4c33f31d03b5c20002569172d1c.jpg

1635287720_IMG-20200719-WA00032.thumb.jpg.3153a366ef1d12dd6c0fee38c03df252.jpg

IMG-20200719-WA0017.thumb.jpg.4c653faaddd358de7eb4fa23785981f6.jpg

• Like 1

July 27th Operation Day 1:

• Clinic was clean and professionally, alot better than I expected. From what you hear on this sub I semi-expected it to be in a basement with bad lightning and mold.
  • Arrived at clinic at 9am, they took my blood and hooked up the IV thing to my arm that they would later use when to supply antibiotics/vitamin C.

930am to 130pm two technicians extracted grafts. Another what I presume to be a nurse checked my blood pressure every hour. This process was brutal, the anesthetic needles are the part everyone talks about being the worst, for me this part sucked but being in the awkward positions while being faced down on the table is what I hated the most. 

2pm - 7pm the 12 year veteran technician cut the incisions for the channels and then two technicians came in an added the grafts. This part wasnt bad besides the anesthetic needles. I was able to sleep for an hour or two dring this process.

Following the surgery, they walked us through the dos and do nots with care documents + Medicine(antiobiotics, aspirin, anti sweeling, pain medicine.)

QbqTukB.jpg

H9MahGf.jpg

5lf3Wqp.jpg

Ko1WpjC.jpg

ulYAurC.jpg

YI7i2nX.jpg

Looks good so far, sounds like you did your research. I agree, the worst part of the procedure was by far trying to stay still in some awkward positions  for a long period of time. Be very careful with your grafts and have a safe trip home.

20 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

That’s some nice refined work! Glad they spread it over a couple of days. And you had all the areas done that you originally showed in your pics.

Out of curiosity what was the graft count per zone? 

Hey, it was all done in one day. From 9pm - 715. I personally don't think I could do it in back to back days. Isn't the pain extricuating on the second day? I already have the expectation that i will go back next year or in two years for 2k - 3k more then I'm done.

I didn't ask for grafts per zone, that kind of disclosure is likely where turkey clinics fail.

Glad to hear you think the work looks refined though.

Edited by fabofly

Work looks clean, great job to you for going through with it! Excited to see the growth. It looks the grafts aren't packed as "tight" as I'm used to seeing but after watching the videos it might have everything to do with hair quality and texture. Nice job doing the research!

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

20 hours ago, rob7331 said:

Work looks clean, great job to you for going through with it! Excited to see the growth. It looks the grafts aren't packed as "tight" as I'm used to seeing but after watching the videos it might have everything to do with hair quality and texture. Nice job doing the research!

Thanks. Thats what I am hoping to educate with my post. Too often, knowledge and best practices stated on here our not applicable or considerate of black hair.

• Moderators

Looks good.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

16 hours ago, fabofly said:

Day 8

Should I be worried that crust is almost off this early in the process 

IMG-20200804-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200804-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200804-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20200804-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200804-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200804-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200804-WA0012.jpg

My clinic told me that the scabs should come off between days 9-12 so I would say no bro. 

You are headed to the ugly duckling phase man prepare yourself mentally for this stage. It is terrible but I believe well worth it. I am currently in this stage myself.

Quick question: Are you using any medications such as (finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, keto shampoo etc)? Hope everything turns out well.

5 hours ago, MichaelD said:

My clinic told me that the scabs should come off between days 9-12 so I would say no bro. 

You are headed to the ugly duckling phase man prepare yourself mentally for this stage. It is terrible but I believe well worth it. I am currently in this stage myself.

Quick question: Are you using any medications such as (finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, keto shampoo etc)? Hope everything turns out well.

Thanks brother. I am not overly worried about ugly duckling stage, work from home and all other activities I can have a hat. Other black men cut their hair at 2-4 week mark and were okay but I am planning to leverage covid and grow my hair out while i can.

I'm taking no medication, whatever happens happens but my body is sensitive to medication and it's not worth it too me.

12 minutes ago, fabofly said:

Thanks brother. I am not overly worried about ugly duckling stage, work from home and all other activities I can have a hat. Other black men cut their hair at 2-4 week mark and were okay but I am planning to leverage covid and grow my hair out while i can.

I'm taking no medication, whatever happens happens but my body is sensitive to medication and it's not worth it too me.

Covid as terrible as it sounds, is a very convenient time for men who have had a ht surgey in the past couple of months (i say this respectfully). It allows us to stay at home and recover. 

Regarding not using medication.. i understand where you are coming from and respect your decision. My hair loss in my family is very strong so that is why i am using 2 types of dht inbitors! Anyways, keep the updates coming, i will definitely check up on your progress from time to time my brother. Stay safe!

• Moderators

My scabs always started coming off earlier than I always see everyone elses come off too, maybe day 6 or 7 to start and by day 9 or 10 they are all gone, so I don't think there is any issues with that.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 8/6/2020 at 1:14 AM, BeHappy said:

My scabs always started coming off earlier than I always see everyone elses come off too, maybe day 6 or 7 to start and by day 9 or 10 they are all gone, so I don't think there is any issues with that.

Thanks for sharing. Alleviated my anxiety.

Looking good bro! What you saying, curl/ twist sponge incoming? 😄 Turkey gets a bad rap on here, I’ve read some horror stories but it seems you’ve done your research and it’s paying off. Interested to see how you get on!

btw, what did it cost?

Edited by Dark