Retrograde ?

Hey wanted to get your opinion on my donor area 

My hair looks like it’s slightly thinner on the nape and a little more on the right side. I do however get 0.5 fade when I cut my hair so it could just be that it hasn’t grown in yet. Something I should pay attention to ?

37E3CF7B-CFEF-4BD2-A523-B51C4454740A.jpeg

625949C3-2F0B-436C-8FD3-1E4FFCD5780A.jpeg

660B7043-67A8-4968-B612-C45908EAB9AB.jpeg

• Administrators

Looks like a bit of retrograde, but it may also be that you shave the nape, so it’s shorter than the rest of the hair. Nape hair is finer, so if it’s shorter than the thicker hair in your donor, it can look balding, even though it isn’t. Do you get a taper fade?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Looks like a bit of retrograde, but it may also be that you shave the nape, so it’s shorter than the rest of the hair. Nape hair is finer, so if it’s shorter than the thicker hair in your donor, it can look balding, even though it isn’t. Do you get a taper fade?

I'm not entirely sure tbh with you because i just give my barber free range, and he just does whatever to my hair, but I think I'll ask him to not fade next time and maybe do an undercut to see how it will grow in next time. 

I think you're just fine - you have 'neck' or 'nape' hair that simply runs into your 'scalp' hair.  It's just difficult to tell where one starts and the other stops - you are a perfect candidate for a cool longer style or daily shaving back there.   

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

10 minutes ago, voxman said:

I think you're just fine - you have 'neck' or 'nape' hair that simply runs into your 'scalp' hair.  It's just difficult to tell where one starts and the other stops - you are a perfect candidate for a cool longer style or daily shaving back there.   

Thank you for the reply. I did just message two surgeons over WhatsApp, and one explained that many men have poorer growth on the “lower occipital area” 

I’m a chronic over thinker so that’s part of the issue 😅