What progress/density to expect.

I’m 8 months post fue and was wondering how much more growth I can expect and how much denser my hair may become. See loads of people on YouTube and forums saying they had achieved full results by the 7/8 months mark so just curious to how true this is. 

Hi @anon707

Can you share some pre and current photos? 

The rough rule is that 70-80% is achieved by this time but some people are slower and some are faster. These are very rough guidelines. Some photos can help

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

1 hour ago, anon707 said:

I’m 8 months post fue and was wondering how much more growth I can expect and how much denser my hair may become. See loads of people on YouTube and forums saying they had achieved full results by the 7/8 months mark so just curious to how true this is. 

I would say 95% of the time around 8 months should be a good indicator of what your results are. I can honestly say I scheduled my second surgery around my 7 month mark on my first procedure. ( I did wait 12 months until the day of second surgery) after my second surgery I would say I was comfortable to say not much improvement after 8 months and being I am at my 10 month Mark now after my 3rd, I think my theory is correct. 

Edited by Guy73

• Administrators

Your hair is fine, your expectations are not, it’s not the surgery that is the issue, it is your expectations.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

33 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Your hair is fine, your expectations are not, it’s not the surgery that is the issue, it is your expectations.

I think my expectations are fine though , I had such a small procedure to begin with only has 600 grafts as my first fue I would say I had 10% growth. Yes if I was a Norwood 4/5 then my results would be good but all I was having was my widows peak corrected. Honestly would say that I’ve had one of the smallest transplant areas I’ve seen on this site mate. 

Look at the photo below , my hairline is sparse and has loads of gaps in which I don’t feel is right for such a small fue surgery. Maybe I am wrong but my surgeon said to me I would not have gaps where scalp was visible and he assured me of this.

0E84344A-1389-4DAE-8105-A38FE9737963.png

2 minutes ago, anon707 said:

I think my expectations are fine though , I had such a small procedure to begin with only has 600 grafts as my first fue I would say I had 10% growth. Yes if I was a Norwood 4/5 then my results would be good but all I was having was my widows peak corrected. Honestly would say that I’ve had one of the smallest transplant areas I’ve seen on this site mate. 

Look at the photo below , my hairline is sparse and has loads of gaps in which I don’t feel is right for such a small fue surgery. Maybe I am wrong but my surgeon said to me I would not have gaps where scalp was visible and he assured me of this.

0E84344A-1389-4DAE-8105-A38FE9737963.png

Curious, what fue did you have done? DHI or traditional with forceps?

• Administrators

You keep creating these threads, at least once a week. It is absolutely normal to see scalp in certain angles, hair transplants do not create perfection, they create the “illusion” I’m not sure what your goal is by creating these weekly threads.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators

Refer to this thread

View my thread

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Guy73 said:

Curious, what fue did you have done? DHI or traditional with forceps?

The technique doesn’t matter, as long as the grafts are placed in the right holding solution, they can survive for almost 24 hours. DHI is nothing more than a marketing gimmick. 

View my thread

36 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Refer to this thread

I’ve read this thread but looking at people’s results on this forum it seems that many people get more than simply an illusion of hair they seem to have a full head of hair again. Many celebrities have had transplants where you would never be able to tell they’ve had one done it’s not simply an illusion.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, anon707 said:

I’ve read this thread but looking at people’s results on this forum it seems that many people get more than simply an illusion of hair they seem to have a full head of hair again. Many celebrities have had transplants where you would never be able to tell they’ve had one done it’s not simply an illusion.

That’s because they’re sharing their best pictures, those who are happy show flattering pictures, and those that aren’t share unflattering pictures. 

Celebrities c’mon man you can’t be that naive. Obviously, celebrities will do everything possible to look their best, including using hair loss concealers or using hair pieces.

What I showed in that thread is the reality. As I said, it’s not your results, it’s your expectations. That’s another reason why getting a hair transplant young is a bad idea. Guy’s who are 21 obviously want to look like they did before going bald, but it’s not realistic.

Take a look @Guy73 he reached that level of density after several surgeries in the same spot. It’s unrealistic to expect that level of density in one procedure. Just telling you the harsh truth. 

• Like 1

View my thread

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

That’s because they’re sharing their best pictures, those who are happy show flattering pictures, and those that aren’t share unflattering pictures. 

Celebrities c’mon man you can’t be that naive. Obviously, celebrities will do everything possible to look their best, including using hair loss concealers or using hair pieces.

What I showed in that thread is the reality. As I said, it’s not your results, it’s your expectations. That’s another reason why getting a hair transplant young is a bad idea. Guy’s who are 21 obviously want to look like they did before going bald, but it’s not realistic.

Take a look @Guy73 he reached that level of density after several surgeries in the same spot. It’s unrealistic to expect that level of density in one procedure. Just telling you the harsh truth. 

This is my second procedure now and I don’t care about having the exact same density not even having half the density as my hair is thick. It’s just I don’t want people to notice I’ve had something done if you get what I mean. I’d happily pay the price celebrities are to have there sort of hair transplants like look at people like Elon Musk and Machine Gun Kelly , you would never be able to tell they’ve had work done it’s insane. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, anon707 said:

This is my second procedure now and I don’t care about having the exact same density not even having half the density as my hair is thick. It’s just I don’t want people to notice I’ve had something done if you get what I mean. I’d happily pay the price celebrities are to have there sort of hair transplants like look at people like Elon Musk and Machine Gun Kelly , you would never be able to tell they’ve had work done it’s insane. 

I’ve already explained how hair transplants can look better, and how celebrities make their results look better. They have make-up people who apply concealer if the lights are exposing their baldness. I live in LA and have friends who work in studios behind the scenes, and concealer use is well known and a given. 

At this point, there’s nothing else to say about the results, I doubt you’ll be happy at 12 months if you’re not happy now. My suggestion is to stop making these weekly threads, and instead talk to your surgeon. 

Best wishes,

View my thread

4 hours ago, anon707 said:

Honestly would say that I’ve had one of the smallest transplant areas I’ve seen on this site mate. 

No, you did not had the smallest one. Just look into my signature 😉

And if you really want to have feedback: Please make one story, with proper pictures from all angles. There are many examples. If you are not able too and you are really afraid sth is wrong: Make an appointment with one of the top clinics here. You pay a few bucks and get a proper evaluation including pics.

Good luck. 

11 hours ago, anon707 said:

You will still have more growth until the 12th month and sometimes even beyond until the 14th to 18th month in cases of delayed growth. Within 8 months you cannot have the full density.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 7/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’m hoping things may improve more and I’m not far from being happy tbh , I think maybe another 400 grafts and id be there. Also I can feel spiky new hairs on my recipient area could this be new growth or just grafts that didn’t take properly and will eventually fall out/not survive? I don’t think I noticed any of these before so hoping they’re new hairs popping up but thought I’d of finished sprouting by now.

Edited by anon707