Voxman Returns

voxman

Melvin has suggested I re-introduce myself here as I have been away for a while and there are a lot of new faces around.  If you're interested in the journey of a 70 year old man who Finally decided at 64 to get a HT, read on.  Firstly, I love giving advice and encouragement to anyone who seeks it and I will always try to elicit a raised eyebrow or smile when possible.   I have had two (2) HT's and from the onset I knew that I had to react to my age - and not try to recreate my 17 year old self -  and present my appearance as a mature man with age appropriate hair.  Recognizing that I do not have the available grafts or the time to create a picket fence of lush hair 3 inches above my eyebrows -  I wanted to create a guy who has a mature hairline, (I have always had a high forehead)  a bit of recession, but overall a basically non-noticeable head of hair.  Alas, my hair is Thin and Light Brown/Blonde/Grey - not a good combo for a Hair Surgeon to work with - but no one has ever accused me of having any work done.  The work isvery natural.  I am quite happy with my hair and looking back at what I started with I have no reason not to be.  I could afford another if I wanted to but I'm giving my head a rest - and at my age a lot of parts need rest.   2400 FUT grafts into the front in March 2014,  2500 FUT into the front , midscalp area and a bit in the crown in April 2016.  Here is a pictorial map of the trip.Keep in mind, I'm somebody's Great Grandpa!     

64 vs 70 in Pictures.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• Administrators

Great to see you back Vox, we’ve missed you, and your hair is looking great 👏🏼👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

So great having you back around, Vox. How does it feel to know you're a legend of sorts on this forum? Your presence was missed.

The hair looks amazing, and your personality and positive energy still seem to be just as intact as ever. Thanks for the update. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

As long as this Pandemic lasts I'll avoid the Barber.  We'll see how long it gets.

The Hair, not the Pandemic.

• Haha 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, voxman said:

As long as this Pandemic lasts I'll avoid the Barber.  We'll see how long it gets.

The Hair, not the Pandemic.

Bring back that summer of 69 hair style.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

Damn. I hope my hair looks half that good at your age.

Thanks !  I'll post monthly updates until the wife can't stand it anymore!