Post op recovery and sweat

How does sweat impact post op? I have generalized hyperhidrosis (I sweat more than the average person), which is mostly triggered from physical activity, heat, or anxiety. Wearing a face mask doesn't help.

I'd want to be very careful during the days immediately post op, mainly if I'm going outside, or to the airport, etc.

I'd probably wait 2 weeks before going back to the gym, but even then my weightlifting workouts are very intense, I'm huffing and puffing, sweat dripping down my face and soaking my shirt, face red. Would that be enough time, or would you suggest to take it light for a couple more weeks?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, Marat Ledok said:

Hi, about sweating I do not know, but I also go to gym and after hair transplant I was restricted weightlifting for 1,5 month. I started cardio after 3 weeks. 

That's really long! Who was your doc?

4 hours ago, sl said:

Sorry you suffer from this condition and I am sure it can bring some anxiety, but you are fine with sweating and going back at the gym at two weeks also is fine if you have FUE.

All the best!

Thanks, it's not too bad for me - some people have it much worse. But still, I wouldn't want to risk damaging any grafts. I've wondered if "going back to the gym" meant something different to the doctors who were recommending 2 weeks. Light machine work is a lot different to heavy squats/deadlifts. I'd probably try to play it a little safe between weeks 2-4 and not go too intense.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, giegnosiganoe said:

That's really long! Who was your doc?

Thanks, it's not too bad for me - some people have it much worse. But still, I wouldn't want to risk damaging any grafts. I've wondered if "going back to the gym" meant something different to the doctors who were recommending 2 weeks. Light machine work is a lot different to heavy squats/deadlifts. I'd probably try to play it a little safe between weeks 2-4 and not go too intense.

My doc was Kursat Yalvac from Bellus Clinic. For example my friend, he is my fitness trainer and a bodybuilder, the same doctor did his HT and  told him he can return to weightlifting after 3 weeks, but to me he told better to wait 1.5 month. Maybe because I am not so strong physically as my friend, I don't know