Hello, 

It's been three years of trying finasteride and I think it's time for a hair transplant. My GF talked me out of it three years ago and said to wait until I am 30.  I noticed that on some of the pics I uploaded in 2017,  my left side has gone up a little more. I was quoted 1,000 grafts by a doctor on this site. Based on the images I provided, would that goal still be probable or will the number of grafts have to be increased just to fill in the corners of my hairline? 

The first image is my left side in 2017, and the second image is the comparison of the same side as it looks today. The third image is also from today and it is how my hair looks from the front and the last image from today and it is the right side through the selfie mode in my phone.  

Thanks for your feedback.

20170224_161126 (1).jpg

20200722_104400[2].jpg

20200722_103237[1].jpg

20200722_103254[1].jpg

• Administrators

You do not need a hair transplant, the risks outweigh the rewards. Use that money to go on a vacation with your gf 🍹

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Your hair is perfect, I would never waste thousands of dollars on a hairline that already looks perfect. You’re a legit Norwood 1 if that. 
image.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

23 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Your hair is perfect, I would never waste thousands of dollars on a hairline that already looks perfect. You’re a legit Norwood 1 if that. 

Hi Melvin, thank you for your comment. You don't think the hairline is thinning and going inward? I think that I am a NW2 with some miniaturized hairs on the front end of the hairline that I shave off because they look very thin. I doesn't look bad by any means but I was curious as I am getting a little concerned with the way it is looking.

hairline left 2020.jpg

• Administrators

Nah man, you have a normal male hairline, probably better than 95% of other 30 year old men. 

You basically have Ronaldo hair, which 100% of the guys on this board would kill for, I’d do unforgivable things to have that hair lol.
image.jpeg

View my thread

51 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Nah man, you have a normal male hairline, probably better than 95% of other 30 year old men. 

You basically have Ronaldo hair, which 100% of the guys on this board would kill for, I’d do unforgivable things to have that hair lol.
image.jpeg

He does also look Portuguese too. 

and yeah I second that you’re in a good place

A hair transplant ain't going to improve on what you already got, man.  Stop showing off! 😎

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hard no on the hair transplant. Too much risk and you might introduce scarring even with fue that will be noticeable and you might not be able to fade your hair short like you currently do. The cosmetic difference will be negligible to anyone but you and maybe your barber

6 hours ago, experion said:

Most ethical doctors might not even offer their services.

But I would like you to consult the doctors, it would be interesting to hear their response and post it here.

I did consult a doctor who is recommended on this website and he suggested that the miniaturized in the front of my hairline would eventually disappear...which it seems like it's happening now. He also quoted me a procedure of about 1000 grafts would be needed for me to fill in the corners. The consult was in 2017 though and i have gone back to him yearly for my Finasteride prescription.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Lakershead22 said:

I did consult a doctor who is recommended on this website and he suggested that the miniaturized in the front of my hairline would eventually disappear...which it seems like it's happening now. He also quoted me a procedure of about 1000 grafts would be needed for me to fill in the corners. The consult was in 2017 though and i have gone back to him yearly for my Finasteride prescription.

Can a doctor transplant the area? Yes, I don’t think it’s unethical, you’re 30 years old and consenting to surgery. In the end, it’s your choice. But is it worth spending thousands of dollars? Hell no. No one’s gonna tell the difference.

The improvement will be barely noticeable, even to me. As another member  noted, you’ll have scars, and you would never be able to shave down like you do now without seeing scars. Also, your donor will be thinner, so maybe you’ll trade one minor insecurity for another, except you’ll be thousands of dollars poorer. Overall, bad idea. 

I believe most surgeons would do the surgery. You’re an easy pay day. I cannot fault them for that, it is up to you the patient, and ultimately you’re money. Think of all the things you could do and get with that money, that would actually make a difference in your life. 

View my thread

10 guys here all say no.  But you keep coming back with reasons and they still say no. 

I'll be as gentle in my response as I can. NO!!!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I have to second that opinion. In the pics you show your hair shaved down, do you really want to have 1000 tiny white extraction scars ? They can be noticeable if shaving right down. And yes even taking away 1000 grafts will show a difference in the FUE area. 
And in the future that’s a lot of your limited amount of grafts gone just to tweak something which is only noticeable to you.

• Moderators

You have great hair that's better than almost anyone else your age and even better than a lot of men 10 years younger than you, but you'd rather round the corners of your hairline down to your temple peaks to make it look as unnatural as possible because somehow you think it will look great on you even though nobody in the world has ever had a natural hairline like that.

Here is my prediction if you go through with it. You will be back here within 6 months of the operation complaining about the unnaturalness, lack of density, and poor design. You will be trying to blame the Dr and everyone else except yourself for the bad design and look of it even though there is NOBODY other than you who thinks you should be getting it done. I seriously don't understand why someone like yourself would even be thinking of a hair transplant. Please come back after the surgery and reread these posts from everyone. Maybe then you'll get it.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, BeHappy said:

Here is my prediction if you go through with it. You will be back here within 6 months of the operation complaining about the unnaturalness, lack of density, and poor design. You will be trying to blame the Dr and everyone else except yourself for the bad design and look of it even though there is NOBODY other than you who thinks you should be getting it done. I seriously don't understand why someone like yourself would even be thinking of a hair transplant. Please come back after the surgery and reread these posts from everyone. Maybe then you'll get it.

You forgot the part where he’ll complain that he can no longer get a bald fade because of the scars, and how his donor looks depleted. Everything else you said was spot on, spoken like a guy who’s been here for a decade.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You forgot the part where he’ll complain that he can no longer get a bald fade because of the scars, and how his donor looks depleted.

Yes! Exactly.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.