Anyone Else Concerned About International Travel Anytime Soon?

Gatsby

• Valued Contributor

Hey everyone. I just wanted to post to see if anyone else like me is feeling a little concerned about when international travel will resume? I was hoping to book an appointment with Eugenix in early March but I had just missed the boat. That time or even just prior would have been ideal with all the lock downs going on around the world. I live in Melbourne, Australia and we are back in a lock down apart from essential services. No one has a crystal ball but I personally can't see international flights commencing for at least another year (perhaps longer)?

I the same. Wanted to book with Eugenix but missed the boat. From what I've read, international flights to India will open back up July 31st. 

https://indianexpress.com/article/explained/ban-on-international-flights-india-coronavirus-6490105/#:~:text=India's%20aviation%20regulator%2C%20the%20Directorate,has%20now%20been%20deferred%20further.

With that said, not sure if India would only open it's borders to certain countries to start, and if US would be a part of that. I'm not personally scared of the travel myself. If you are healthy, take all the necessary precautions, and limit your stay, you should probably be OK, but you can't go where they won't let you.

I can easily get it done in the states but my research has also put me in a Eugenix or bust situation like you! haha! 

I've been looking everyday, so if anything changes, I'll message you.

• Administrators

It’s very difficult right now, my only concern is getting stuck in another country, if the borders close while I’m there. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Indian borders are open but only for people who got the Visa's back in March. In some certain cases they are giving Visa's. Your best bet would be to contact the Indian Embassy in Australia.

P.S. My friend from India went to the US 20 days back.

The current situation is concerning for patients but more importantly for clinics themselves. When no international patients are travelling to the clinics , lots of business is being lost.  Their own domestic market may be the only option for business and even at that it can be a challenge especially at this particular time. Here's hoping in the not to distant future the situation will improve for all concerned. 

Paddy.

I'm in the same position as you Gatsby mate - booked my transplant through Eugenix in Jan of this year for early June... Am hoping i'll be able  to visit India over the Xmas break... The biggest issue i'll face is returning to my home country (New Zealand) where there is currently a mandatory 14 day hotel quarantine. It's free as of now & includes meals!! however the government are discussing charging people $3,000 - $4,000 going forward. 

• Valued Contributor

Thanks for all the people who chimed in above. Yes the problem I see is not just being able to get a ticket out of Australia but also being able to get back into Australia. The current state of affairs is that international travel is only for special reasons (and wanting to have a transplant doesn't come under that). There is also the 14 day quarantine period at your own expense. On top of this, Australia is not letting many Aussies back into Australia at the moment. There is one Aussie guy I saw on the news that is stuck in the Philippines who does not have the virus and is willing to pay for everything. He is still waiting for an answer from the Australian government on when he can return home.

• Valued Contributor
On 7/23/2020 at 9:55 PM, Zoomster said:

I guess the Aussie government is right that transplants are not a matter of life or death..... Theyre far more important than that 😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣 👍 Well said Zoomster (and well done on your results from your last update!!!). Yes unfortunately the latest update from our Prime Minister is that there will be no overseas travel for Australian citizens until there is a vaccine!! So by the time I get to Eugenix at this stage many of you who have had a hair transplant will be looking like ZZ Top! Anyway patience has always been one of my virtues since my first hair transplant disaster so things may change earlier than later with a bit of luck. Stay well everyone!

We are dealing with people's lives. The FDA is always more than cautious and I gather it'll be some time before an effective vaccine surfaces.  We've already been told we will continue working from home until Jan 4th.  The date keeps getting changed and I foresee this happening in the future.  Unfortunately things will get worse before we see any improvement.  Worse of all !@#$%^ continues happening throughout the world and people are tired and fed up.  It is amazing to me when enjoying the outdoors, how many people I see without a mask.  I understand distance and fresh open air.  But please, get the mask and, at least, put it around your neck.  If you get into a situation where you truly need it, it will be readily available.

I'll give it at least 2 years.

I travelled from UK to Turkey recently for my treatment, The whole thing was amazing, Temps taken getting on the plane, personal protection packs with masks and cleaner given to us. Repeated announcements to stay in our seats and only get up one at a time. Of course if someone had it and was hacking their brains out all bets would be off but with masks on the whole time I felt relatively safe.