different Finasteride brands. different side effects

Blower

hello all/

ive read what i can now on people on different dosage of this drug.. and also different if any side effects.

i was on the brand Proscar the 5mg ones split into 4... and not much if any side effects really..maybe my mood and anxiety bit higher than normal

i then ran out of Proscar

ordered the 1mg UK Finasteride as could not find the Proscar stuff online in UK.

started straight off on 1mg never thought nowt of it, but after chatting with a mate andd then reading ip it seemed it caused my depression anxiety worse and no libido

am i right these could be stronger pills the with ingredient than prsocar brand?

ive read quite alot people do 0.5mg 3 times a week which got me wondering if its enough as some say it stays in system few days so every other day or 3  times a week enough. and also at the does 0.5mg uk brand Finasteride

again i see most or alot do 0.5mg every day ie 7 days a week

cheers

I have known patients on Proscar and cutting it in to 4 or 5 parts with a pill cutter and no issues for years and then go to generic tablets and have sides, even if they claim to be 99.9 percent the same and even people in this field I have spoken to have had issues when changing, so I do believe it is a genuine problem for some. Maybe not many have issues but it is there none the less. 

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, Blower said:

hello all/

ive read what i can now on people on different dosage of this drug.. and also different if any side effects.

i was on the brand Proscar the 5mg ones split into 4... and not much if any side effects really..maybe my mood and anxiety bit higher than normal

i then ran out of Proscar

ordered the 1mg UK Finasteride as could not find the Proscar stuff online in UK.

started straight off on 1mg never thought nowt of it, but after chatting with a mate andd then reading ip it seemed it caused my depression anxiety worse and no libido

am i right these could be stronger pills the with ingredient than prsocar brand?

ive read quite alot people do 0.5mg 3 times a week which got me wondering if its enough as some say it stays in system few days so every other day or 3  times a week enough. and also at the does 0.5mg uk brand Finasteride

again i see most or alot do 0.5mg every day ie 7 days a week

cheers

I thought I was reading one of my own posts...that's exactly what happened with me.

Propecia for about 6 years - no problem. Proscar for about 2 years - no problem. Aindeem 1mg finasteride for a year - big problems.

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

15 hours ago, TommyLucchese said:

I thought I was reading one of my own posts...that's exactly what happened with me.

Propecia for about 6 years - no problem. Proscar for about 2 years - no problem. Aindeem 1mg finasteride for a year - big problems.

i have atcually stopped taking all of the above now as i get side effects from all of these depression wise ;0(

Sorry to hear that...

Have you considered topical fin? I'm looking into this fin/minox combo that you rub into your scalp once a day...no sides 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Still in the research stage myself, but since I've not been able to 100% reverse the effects I want to try to get off the oral fin if possible.

• Like 1