A Dr who does body hair on temples - Ontario Canada

Hey guys, wondering if anyone here can suggest a HT physician that can do temples well - im open to FUT/FUE - however for my temples wanted to soften the look with body hair (i have plenty on legs, arm, stomach). Im located in Ontario Canada.

• Administrators

Body hair is not acceptable on the temples, it would not look natural. Is your donor depleted?

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, snoopkhan said:

Hey guys, wondering if anyone here can suggest a HT physician that can do temples well - im open to FUT/FUE - however for my temples wanted to soften the look with body hair (i have plenty on legs, arm, stomach). Im located in Ontario Canada.

I see where ur going with this but its not that easy. Although, Dr. Umar uses body hair from all over the body to place in the temples he claims. He does a lot of BHT tho. It grows at a different rate than head hair and isn't really optimal as stated above. Its more about the skill of the HT surgeon and what angle and density he or she places the grafts in and around the temple to give that softer look or illusion of a softer look. 

U cant just take a few hundred soft hairs from ur forearm that may happen to be very light and place in ur temples. Its just not that simple and is pretty much never done. Chest hairs for density have worked well when being placed behind the hairline but hairs from other parts of the body have very long Anagen, Catagen and Telegen phases and just don't take well on the scalp.

https://dru.com/why-most-clinics-dont-prioritize-hair-restoration-for-the-temples/

Edited by GNX1

Temple point reconstruction is best done using refined single hair grafts and an almost flat angle following the natural direction that yours have. I would not recommend body hair for this area of the face. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yaar body hair is terrible for front facing hair but only few surgeons who Extract this type of hair and have artistic abilities may be able to assist. 

Ask and get consults from like doctors Col, Bisanga, Mwamba, Dr Cooley, etc to see what they say.   In Canada, I haven’t heard of any but may be worth to contact Hasson Wong to see.  

• Moderators

I'm also seriously thinking of getting some temple peaks and hairline work done using body hair as well, but I keep hearing everyone say not to use it there. The problem is I don't have any scalp donor to use. I've looked at some of Dr Umar's work and it looks like it can be done. Sorry that didn't really help you any, but know you are not the only one tempted to try this.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.