Natual hairline?

Garbage

Hello there!

What do you think about this hairline? For me it is bad, but the doctor said it is good, and said that is impossible to reach a good result with just one surgery in the hairline. Even when you have small baldness like me. I had a scale II baldness on the NW scale.

testa.jpg

P_20161122_220954.jpg

P_20161122_221007.jpg

P_20161122_220621.jpg

Holy multi-hair grafts! You see the grafts with multiple hairs sticking out? Those are not supposed to be up there in the hairline like that because that's not how hair normally grows. It results in a pluggy look that just seems "off". A skilled surgeon using microscopes is able to get true, single hair grafts for a natural look in the hairline. So to answer your question, it's not your fault, but your surgeon was totally inept, and he has no right to suggest that the procedure could not have gone better. The good news is that, if you wish, it should be possible to refine and soften the hairline with true single hair grafts

Edited by ADuckwithNoHair
  • Like 2

@Garbage The doctor (if  can call him that) told you a bullshit, I also have double grafts in my hairline, it is a mistake on the part of those who performed the procedure and no other excuses.

• Like 1

Like everyone else said this doctor either has no idea what they are doing or they are just careless and left you at the mercy of their inexperienced technicians. On top of the muli hair and chunky grafts you also have pitting from grafts being placed too deep in the skin which causes the skin to look dimpled. You have a high contrast between your dark thick hair and light skin which makes you an extremely difficult case.

I had similar issues as you did after my first surgery. An experienced doctor is going to want to remove some of the grafts and debulk the large once placed in the front before transplanting more hairs. You need to be very careful and make sure you go to one of the best doctors recommended here for your repair if you want a natural looking result. Good luck.

Look at this case below. This guy had similar issues minus the pitting maybe and chose an excellent doctor for his repair.

Edited by Sam818
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Egy said:

@Garbage The doctor (if  can call him that) told you a bullshit, I also have double grafts in my hairline, it is a mistake on the part of those who performed the procedure and no other excuses.

Thanks for your comments! When I confronted him with this situation he told me I was one of those patients with unrealistic expectations, and he cannot do anything for me. I think no one with scale II baldness expects to go thru more than one surgery but the doctor thinks otherwise.

12 hours ago, transplantedphil said:

Find a different doctor. 

A quick search on this forum will unearth an array of results showing one pass surgeries on the hairline ("dense packing") is more than achievable. 

Check out this thread by a patient from H&W showing what an elite clinic can do

Thank you! I will make an evaluation with them. I already made with Feriduni, where he stated that my hairline is not natural and that he will need to extract and reimplant the wrong-placed grafts.

• Like 1

@GarbageStudy this forum well, get advice from the more experienced members and from @Melvin-Moderator , and close with that pseudo surgeon who did this to you.  'He is absolutely not a doctor. You will see that you will be able to fix everything.
 But you are wrong, citing his name instead you would help some other unsuspecting patient who is about to undergo the transplant.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Egy said:

@GarbageStudy this forum well, get advice from the more experienced members and from @Melvin-Moderator , and close with that pseudo surgeon who did this to you.  'He is absolutely not a doctor. You will see that you will be able to fix everything.
 But you are wrong, citing his name instead you would help some other unsuspecting patient who is about to undergo the transplant.

I would like to disclose his name but I am in the same country as him so this could lead me to a lawsuit that is very common in my country, to be sued by a doctor that you didn't like the result. I am new in this forum but I studied a forum in my country that is the biggest and has lots of information, but as he is owned by a HT doctor people don't disclose the name of bad doctors because they are banned.

8 hours ago, Sam818 said:

Like everyone else said this doctor either has no idea what they are doing or they are just careless and left you at the mercy of their inexperienced technicians. On top of the muli hair and chunky grafts you also have pitting from grafts being placed too deep in the skin which causes the skin to look dimpled. You have a high contrast between your dark thick hair and light skin which makes you an extremely difficult case.

I had similar issues as you did after my first surgery. An experienced doctor is going to want to remove some of the grafts and debulk the large once placed in the front before transplanting more hairs. You need to be very careful and make sure you go to one of the best doctors recommended here for your repair if you want a natural looking result. Good luck.

Look at this case below. This guy had similar issues minus the pitting maybe and chose an excellent doctor for his repair.

Thank you! I already made an online evaluation with him but I didn't know he was that good with hairline repair. I must say his online evaluation is the best I ever saw until now.

10 minutes ago, Egy said:

The important thing is not to offend and defame, at least in my country it is forbidden, but you can express your judgment.

It is theoretically the same in my country, but I asked a lawyer about it, and she advised me against that, she told me probably he will lose but until there I will be summoned to a trial and I will need to spend money with a lawyer and court fees and time going to a courtroom. Then I searched about it and saw that in my country it is pretty common. It is like an ad budget for the doctors. Spend some money disappearing with the bad press can be better than spending money with a normal ad.

14 hours ago, Sam818 said:

great repair story, happy you found a talented surgeon in Dr. Feriduni 

This result is a 90's throwback.  Look at the bright side, you got good yield. 🤨 Yeah, you'll need those multi's punched out with some single hair grafts placed up front to soften the hairline.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

9 hours ago, Garbage said:

It is theoretically the same in my country, but I asked a lawyer about it, and she advised me against that, she told me probably he will lose but until there I will be summoned to a trial and I will need to spend money with a lawyer and court fees and time going to a courtroom. Then I searched about it and saw that in my country it is pretty common. It is like an ad budget for the doctors. Spend some money disappearing with the bad press can be better than spending money with a normal ad.

Yeah, a lawsuit isn't worth the trouble.  Put your energies into finding a great doctor to set you straight. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Moderators

Wow.  Did this Dr specifically try to put multi hair grafts in the hairline? Because it doesn't look like he got many singles in there at all.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 7/23/2020 at 12:39 PM, BeHappy said:

Wow.  Did this Dr specifically try to put multi hair grafts in the hairline? Because it doesn't look like he got many singles in there at all.

Well in his documentation he states that the hairline must have only grafts with one or two hairs but I found grafts with three and if I look a bit more I probably will find with four. I went thru a legal medicine doctor and he didn't even looked at it carefully. He said that everything was fine and he didn't know why I was complaining. As you can see doctors protect each other very well in my country. He attached the image below to show the judge what is a bad transplant and that my was good. I checked his bibliographical references and there where no such image which made me think he just took from internet. The articles that he quoted as reference says the opposite that he is saying to the judge.

implante-capilar8.jpg

Edited by Garbage

The most important thing here is that lots of multiple haired grafts were used in the hairline. This is definitely not acceptable and does not adhere to best practices where single grafts only should go into the transition zone of the hairline. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram