Oral minoxidil purchase

Wojak96

Does anyone know how and where to get oral minoxidil in Europe(Loniten,Lonitab...) in 2.5 or 5 mg doses?
I heard about thailandpharmacy or alldaychemist but I don't have experience with them,are they legit,I mean payment and shipping would be complicated considering it's India and Thailand ...
Local pharmacies (Serbia) don't have branded drug nor do they have experience with compounding them ...
Any help would be appreciated !

I consulted with dermatologist and my profesSors of intern medicine (cardiologist) since I'm a med student,and they said it is relatively safe and tolerable in low doses.Dermatologist said that oral min is much more effective than topical one because almost all of ingested minoxidil is metabolised into minoxidil sulphate in the liver,activating it so that it can work on hair follicles.I'm already on dutasteride and topical minoxidil with tretinoin,recently I even started microneedling with dermapen.I don't like the hussle of applying it on the scalp and the residue in the morning makes me crazy ...

Edited by Wojak96

I highly doubt a cardiologist would advocate the use of a cardiac medication for hair loss. 

To potentially jeopardise your body’s most vital organ, in the vain of growing an unnecessary organ, defies all medical logic.  

• Like 3

They just said that low dose (2.5-5 mg) of oral minoxidil would not cause problems with blood pressure or cardiac function...In the end I just want to try it out like the rest of people,if I get some serious side effects I'll quit normally ... many world famous hair restoration experts recommend low dose oral minoxidil for hair growth.

Dude chill, it's my choice in the end.I will start using it when I get it,if I don't get sides I'll have check ups with my professors cardiologists...Anyway none answeared on my real question where to get it lol.

• Like 1

I’m very chilled ‘dude’, and I completely agree it is entirely your choice what you do with yourself. 

I just don’t buy a cardiologist being cool with you using it, when you’re using it off label for hair loss, and not a cardiac issue. 

Just to add perspective - oral minoxidil was originally developed as a blood pressure medication, however was widely avoided in favour of alternatives, due to having such a high risk side effect profile - and that was when considering prescriptions FOR its original purpose. 

11 hours ago, Wojak96 said:

Dude chill, it's my choice in the end.I will start using it when I get it,if I don't get sides I'll have check ups with my professors cardiologists...Anyway none answeared on my real question where to get it lol.

Taking oral minoxidil is dumb man. Too fucking risky in my opinion. I'd rather be bald than to take ANY chances with my heart... but as you say, "it is your decision". 

I don't believe you can buy oral minoxidil without a prescription from a legit doc anyways. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not advocating it in the slightest and have no experience in oral Min but in the UK our health care system (NHS) has trusts that supply oral Minoxidil for hairless. I'm not sure how common place it is but they do prescribe it, its been a while since I was reading on it but I believe they ask patients to cut a 2.5mg pill into 4 giving a dose of roughly 0.6 a day

Edited by LockDownExperiment

Thailand Pharmacy is legit.  They use Western Union.  CHEAP - takes awhile for delivery but you get tracking info & it arrives in a tiny box w/red strings wrapped around it.

Been using them for over 2 years on my 10mg tabs.  You can split 'em or cut them into 1/4ths or whatever depending on how much you take 1X or 2X's per day.

Edited by jjsrader
more info

Yeah,I ordered from them yesterday,just need to pay up via bank transfer.I ordered Minox 5 brand (5mg) I think it's all the same as Loxidil/Lonitab/Noxidil/Loniten.I wanted to start slowly like taking 2.5 mg once a day for couple of weeks to see how it goes then start using standard 5mg dose.I'm also using 0.5 mg dutasteride (Avodart),topical 5% minoxidil with 0.015% tretinoin and 2% ketoconazole shampoo (Nizoral),also could start dermapening 1.5mm once weekly.What is your regimen and how do you fare with results/sides from oral minoxidil ?

What is tretinoin being used for ? I thought that is a anti-wrinkle product ( retinol derivative based). Does it help with hair loss ? And in what form do you use it ?

I get a tretinoin gel 0.01 % here which I use on my face 1,2 times a week.

It increases skin cell turnover making it more permeable for minoxidil to penetrate.I use compounded version that pharmacy makes.It is dissolved along with minoxidil in mixture of ethanol and propylen glycol.I think it helps when you compare it to regular minox solutions ... but definitely is not even remotely close to the efficasy of oral minoxidil.

Edited by Wojak96

Thanks. Tretinoin does increase cell turnover - no doubt. So that will not really help with hair growth or will it? I guess you say hair cells will regrow faster just like tretinoin helps with face by acting as an exfoliant and regrowing cell?

I would like to now more about Oral Minoxidil - does it really help more ? And what doses should it be taken ? 

I now use Minoxidil 10% on my head once a day, and have found new thin, small hair sprouting in the recessed areas. Whether they will grow fully, I do not know. Net, net my conclusion is that 10% is better than 5%. 

Thanks, S

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Salderion said:

The dermatologist said that oral min is much more effective than topical because almost all of the ingested minoxidil is metabolized to minoxidil sulfate in the liver, activating it to work on the hair follicles. But I doubt very much that a cardiologist would defend the use of cardiac drugs for hair loss. When I ordered this, I used winit shipping tracking.  I already take dutasteride and topical minoxidil with tretinoin. Recently I even started micro-needling with a derma pen. A friend of mine advised caution in taking minoxidil internally.

You are right, there is zero chance a cardiologist would recommend it - I consulted with one earlier this year, and he was beyond disbelief that dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons were willingly prescribing it off label for hair loss - regardless of the lower dosage. 

His outlook was that it contradicted every fundamental value of medicine . . Potentially jeopardising your body’s most vital organ for survival, in vain of supporting what are essentially useless organs. 

It hit hard

On 9/28/2021 at 5:53 AM, Curious25 said:

His outlook was that it contradicted every fundamental value of medicine . . Potentially jeopardising your body’s most vital organ for survival, in vain of supporting what are essentially useless organs. 

Wait, most vital organ? is the cardiologist saying minoxidil affects your d1ck? Thought that was finasteride. 😉

Totally understand the concern about people taking serious health risks for vanity.  At the same time, cosmetic surgeons operate every day on people taking risks for the sake of their vanity.  

Edited by Spaceman

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there,

Preparing for an FUT mega session from Dr Hasson in 2 weeks and want to make sure I am fully prepared.

Anything you wish you did/ brought for post-procedure treatment? Anything you’re glad you did/brought? 

Looking for any and all expertise. 

Thanks!

Brandon