Best DHI in Turkey?

I am 35 and I need to do a HT. I have standard male pattern baldness on my temples and crown area.

After having a consultation in my country the price was huge compared to Turkey. The clinic said I needed to do two operations, one in the front and one for the crown area. He estimated 2500 grafts for the front using FUE. Their price was 4800 EUR just for the front, which mean that the total price would come to around 8000 EUR for everything!

This huge price difference and the fact they only do FUE leads me to Turkey.

I have been trying to read reviews etc. but it is such a jungle out there and I am getting a headache just thinking about it. I just want to get this done by a good clinic and not having to spend 6 months looking for the right one!

I decided I want to go with the DHI method for faster healing and the posibility of not having to shave my head for faster recovery. I don't want to isolate myself for 6 months until my hair grows out.

What clinic is the best for DHI in Turkey?

Can a clinic operate two days in a row, the front and crown? Or do I need to wait a year and come back? I would really want to do everything at once and not having to go through the procedure again, if it is possible.

I tried to reach out to Dr. Cinik by using their contact form but they never responded. Maybe they are closed during corona?

Thanks.

Edited by Foobar

• Administrators

I would advise against Turkey, and DHI is nothing more than a gimmick. Grafts can survive for 24 hours outside of the body with the right solution, so DHI is a moot point.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Foobar Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants.

Cinik is a hairmill with technicians (without medical background that could have been taxi drivers 2 months before your surgery) operating on 8 patients per day.

Hairmills like this are the norm in Turkey and several offer all inclusive prices (a red alert for anyone that values getting good results from a surgery in any medical field).

The only safe option in Turkey in HLC at 2.5€/graft but for that price your are better off going to Dr. Bruno Ferreira or Dr. Ximena Villa (both charge the same price).

Edited by Portugal25

52 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Cinik and FUE Capilar are hairmills with technicians (without medical background that could have been taxi drivers 2 months before your surgery) operating on 8 patients per day.

Hairmills like this are the norm in Turkey and several offer all inclusive prices (a red alert for anyone that values getting good results from a surgery in any medical field).

The only safe option in Turkey in HLC at 2.5€/graft but for that price your are better off going to Dr. Bruno Ferreira or Dr. Ximena Villa (both charge the same price).

Fue capiliar does 1 patient a day Led by a doctor it’s not a hair mill. ?? 

17 minutes ago, Coady said:

Fue capiliar does 1 patient a day Led by a doctor it’s not a hair mill. ?? 

Mistook it for another clinic. Never heard of this clinic nor the 2 doctors they advertise.

1 hour ago, Portugal25 said:

Cinik and FUE Capilar are hairmills with technicians (without medical background that could have been taxi drivers 2 months before your surgery) operating on 8 patients per day.

Is this just conjecture? How would you actually know all this? I certainly don't think the technicians I seen were taxi drivers. I've definitely seen the hate for clinics in Turkey but rarely seen the evidence to back it up. I have been to see Dr Cinik and his team, I can tell you for a fact that they were more professional than most clinics I had approached in the UK. As for 8 patients a day, that's a wild comment to make. I never seen more than 2 patients per day and I was the ONLY patient the day I had my HT

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

Is this just conjecture? How would you actually know all this? I certainly don't think the technicians I seen were taxi drivers. I've definitely seen the hate for clinics in Turkey but rarely seen the evidence to back it up. I have been to see Dr Cinik and his team, I can tell you for a fact that they were more professional than most clinics I had approached in the UK. As for 8 patients a day, that's a wild comment to make. I never seen more than 2 patients per day and I was the ONLY patient the day I had my HT

It’s well documented on the forum, guys actually took pictures. I’ll say this, Cinik seems to get good results, as does Erdogan, but it’s done by technicians.

In my opinion, it’s best to look outside of Turkey, 99% of the clinics there are able to charge less money, because they perform surgeries in a conveyor belt like assembly. 

I’ve seen a troubling trend in the past few years, it used to be guys would ask for the best surgeons. Now, no one asks for the best, they say who’s the cheapest. Bad mindset overall. We’re talking a cosmetic procedure to your head, theres a lot of things to go cheap on, but this procedure isn’t one of them.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Kruchie it’s a fact that technicians in Turkey don’t need a medical background.

My Doctor (Turkish) informed me that these hairmills even employ underpaid Sirian refugees to cut costs.

I have no doubt the technicians at Cinik treatead you nicely but I highly doubt them to have the skills required to perform a hair transplant surgery because if they did you wouldn’t be charging ridiculous all inclusive low cost prices.

I had my second hair transplant in Turkey and paid over 8000€ for a good Doctor and his clinic whole staff to be fully committed to my surgery for 3 whole days. 

Edited by Portugal25

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s well documented on the forum, guys actually took pictures. I’ll say this, Cinik seems to get good results, as does Erdogan, but it’s done by technicians.

In my opinion, it’s best to look outside of Turkey, 99% of the clinics there are able to charge less money, because they perform surgeries in a conveyor belt like assembly. 

I’ve seen a troubling trend in the past few years, it used to be guys would ask for the best surgeons. Now, no one asks for the best, they say who’s the cheapest. Bad mindset overall. We’re talking a cosmetic procedure to your head, theres a lot of things to go cheap on, but this procedure isn’t one of them.

Are any of these posts recent? If taxi drivers are performing 8 procedures per day, I expect to hear a lot about it. Not just on these forums but everywhere. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

Are any of these posts recent? If taxi drivers are performing 8 procedures per day, I expect to hear a lot about it. Not just on these forums but everywhere. 

@Kruchie they can have any kind of background or none at all because there’s no requirement in terms of experience for a technician in Turkey.
My Doctor called it “the wild west” and the reason why it’s the world capital of botched hair transplant. 

Highly doubt anyone will be posting proof of the background of any technician at Cinik or any other all inclusive low cost clinics but be aware they don’t need any medical background to do your surgery.  

3 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

@Kruchie it’s a fact that technicians in Turkey don’t need a medical background.

My Doctor (Turkish) informed me that these hairmills even employ underpaid Sirian refugees to cut costs.

I have no doubt the technicians at Cinik treatead you nicely but I highly doubt them to have the skills required to perform a hair transplant surgery because if they did you wouldn’t be paying a all inclusive low cost price.

Yes, I'm aware about technicians not needing a medical background. That just means they don't need a medical background, you can't just assume that everyone therefore won't have any experience or qualifications that apply. 

You doubt they have skills to perform surgery, then were are all the horror stories? 8 procedures per day, I would expect to see a lot of horror stories, not just here but everywhere. Do you actually know what you're talking about? My surgery was not that cheap, certainly not cheap to people living in Turkey either. 

• Like 1

Does Dr. Kaan Pekiner do the surgery himself? What is the graft price?

Also if clinics like Cinik were so terrible then there would be more complaints? The threads I saw about them have had good results.

2 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

Yes, I'm aware about technicians not needing a medical background. That just means they don't need a medical background, you can't just assume that everyone therefore won't have any experience or qualifications that apply. 

You doubt they have skills to perform surgery, then were are all the horror stories? 8 procedures per day, I would expect to see a lot of horror stories, not just here but everywhere. Do you actually know what you're talking about? My surgery was not that cheap, certainly not cheap to people living in Turkey either. 

The most expensive all inclusive package at Cinik costs 2990€.

If you were to chose any of the 3 most famous doctors in Turkey with that money you can have 854 grafts with Dr. Keser and 1194 grafts with either Pekiner or HLC (without hotel or flights just the surgery).

How can anyone think that 4000 grafts implated by technicians for 2990€ will provide the same results as the same surgery done by a doctor with tons of amazing results posted by real patients.... 

Just now, Portugal25 said:

The most expensive all inclusive package at Cinik costs 2990€.

If you were to chose any of the 3 most famous doctors in Turkey with that money you can have 854 grafts with Dr. Keser and 1194 grafts with either Pekiner or HLC (without hotel or flights just the surgery).

How can anyone think that 4000 grafts implated by technicians for 2990€ will provide the same results as the same surgery done by a doctor with tons of amazing results posted by real patients.... 

You definitely have a biased opinion and clearly don't actually know what you're talking about. Don't spiral the discussion into comparing doctors, you can't believe that charging more for less work equals a better guaranteed result. What about those that have 1000 grafts or less and still pay 2990€? You are assuming everyone has a huge amount of grafts, that's incorrect. 

As for comparing, please don't. That isn't what the discussion is, we are here to discuss why Turkey is so bad and for you to provide evidence to back up what you're saying. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foobar said:

Does Dr. Kaan Pekiner do the surgery himself? What is the graft price?

Also if clinics like Cinik were so terrible then there would be more complaints? The threads I saw about them have had good results.

Dr. Pekiner (2.25€graft), Dr. Keser (3.5€/graft) and HLC (2.5€/graft) are the most well know for quality in Turkey and only operate on 1 patient per day using the stick&place technique. 

You should know that Patients with botched results usually aren’t that keen to make their results public and always  try to get a refund (signing a non disclosure agreement) or get a free repair surgery.  

I have been told the free repair surgery is very common in Turkey.

You can read several threads at HRN of botched patients from ASMED in despair because there’s either no response from this hairmill or they are threatened with lawyers. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

You definitely have a biased opinion and clearly don't actually know what you're talking about. Don't spiral the discussion into comparing doctors, you can't believe that charging more for less work equals a better guaranteed result. What about those that have 1000 grafts or less and still pay 2990€? You are assuming everyone has a huge amount of grafts, that's incorrect. 

As for comparing, please don't. That isn't what the discussion is, we are here to discuss why Turkey is so bad and for you to provide evidence to back up what you're saying. 

Comparing is all we do here at HRN.
We compare real patient results from doctors to understand if we should chose that doctor.

It’s impossible to compare results from clinics where tech teams do surgeries because the tech team can change every month, week or day. It’s like playing Russian roulette to find out if your lucky enough to have been awarded a decent tech team.

I saw 52 real patients results from Dr. Pekiner before chosing him and I was hoping for a similar result to other patients of his that used beard grafts and had my type of hair. 

You can’t say a surgery performed at Cinik Clinic will give you a similar result to this or that patient that posted his results because you have no idea what tech team was responsable for those results nor do you know if those techs still work at Cinik. 

I don’t need to show proof like the curriculum of a tech working at Cinik or any other all inclusive Turkish clinic to state the obvious: going to an all inclusive hairmill is like playing Russian roulette with a permanent medical procedure! 

Edited by Portugal25

1 minute ago, Portugal25 said:

Comparing is all we do here at HRN.
We compare real patient results from doctors to understand if we should chose that doctor.

It’s impossible to compare results from clinics where tech teams do surgeries because the tech team can change every month, week or day. It’s like playing Russian roulette to find out if your lucky enough to have been awarded a decent tech team.

I saw 52 real patients results from Dr. Pekiner before chosing him and I was hoping for a similar result to other patients of his that used beard grafts and had my type of hair. 

You can’t say Cinik will give you a similar result to this or that patient that posted his results because you have no idea what tech team was responsable for those results nor do you know if those techs still work at Cinik. 

I don’t need to show proof like the curriculum of a tech working at Cinik or any other all inclusive Turkish clinic to state the obvious: It’s like playing Russian roulette with a permanent medical procedure! 

Then why would you not show me where all your evidence is? IF what you're saying is true, I may not have used Cinik and gone elsewhere. Why would you not want to share that valuable information and stop others from potentially making a huge mistake? Do you not think that I and anyone else who used Cinik, had gone away and read real reviews and looked at real results by patients? 

You still have not managed to back up anything that you claimed and keep taking the discussion in other directions. Where are all these horror stories? Show us. 

27 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

Then why would you not show me where all your evidence is? IF what you're saying is true, I may not have used Cinik and gone elsewhere. Why would you not want to share that valuable information and stop others from potentially making a huge mistake? Do you not think that I and anyone else who used Cinik, had gone away and read real reviews and looked at real results by patients? 

You still have not managed to back up anything that you claimed and keep taking the discussion in other directions. Where are all these horror stories? Show us. 

It’s really just a matter of taking the time to  google Cinik https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/29839-Horrible-experience-Hair-transplant-disaster-Dr.-Emrah-Cinik-Turkey

@Melvin-Moderator also explained to you that it’s well documented how these all inclusive hairmills operate but sadly people want to believe that a hair transplant surgery costing 2990€ will give great results to everyone that pays this ridiculous low price.

If you sit next to one of these amazing Doctors like I did with Dr. Rahal and Dr. Pekiner (for 3 whole days) you get to find out a lot about the world of hair transplants and I can tell you Dr. Cinik is only ever discussed by these top Doctors at International Conferences to give an example of a well know Turkish hairmill. 

If you really want to open your eyes you can go to a elite doctor like Feriduni, Muresanu, Bisanga or Lorenzo and ask them about Cinik Clinic and how mant repair jobs from Turkey they are doing every month.

If you go to the Turkish forum you will find that they don’t recommend these all inclusive hairmills and most Turkish don’t go to Keser, HLC or Pekiner due to the high price is costs to have a good Doctor fully devoted to your surgery but instead they go to Esma&Serkan Tetik who are a team of nurses charging 1500€ for all inclusive DHI. They chose to go to these nurses instead of a hairmill like Cinik because they know Cinik surgeries are done by techs and at Esma&Serkin the results real patients are posting are the results they might also be able to achieve. 

Ofcourse you can call me biased say these are all lies and keep believing in fairy tales of 2000€ all inclusive surgeries with nothing but happy patients. 

Edited by Portugal25

It’s really just a matter of taking the time to  google Cinik https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/29839-Horrible-experience-Hair-transplant-disaster-Dr.-Emrah-Cinik-Turkey

@Melvin-Moderator also explained to you that it’s well documented how these all inclusive hairmills operate but sadly people want to believe that a hair transplant surgery costing 2990€ will give great results to everyone that pays this ridiculous low price.

If you sit next to one of these amazing Doctors like I did with Dr. Rahal and Dr. Pekiner (for 3 whole days) you get to find out a lot about the world of hair transplants and I can tell you Dr. Cinik is only ever discussed by these top Doctors at International Conferences to give an example of a well know Turkish hairmill. 

If you really want to open your eyes you can go to a elite doctor like Feriduni, Muresanu, Bisanga or Lorenzo and ask them about Cinik Clinic and how mant repair jobs from Turkey they are doing every month.

What you just linked to is 2 years old.

If you Google 'insert clinic here' and 'bad result' you'll pull up such results. How about all the disasters at other clinics that charge a hell of a lot more? No clinic is without their bad reviews.

You're yet again quoting these others doctors and going off topic, that is not the discussion we're having. What we are talking about is all the bad experiences people have recently had in Turkey @Cinik, yet you can only link to another forum with a post that's 2 years old. It doesn't matter what Melvin or anyone else says, without proof it's all just conjecture.

You're basically saying that anyone like myself and @Bax, @Pauls had not bothered to research anything and went with cheap all the way. When I can tell you this, I came to this forum and looked at reviews and results and it was some of the posts here that actually led me to use Cinik.

29 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

What you just linked to is 2 years old.

If you Google 'insert clinic here' and 'bad result' you'll pull up such results. How about all the disasters at other clinics that charge a hell of a lot more? No clinic is without their bad reviews.

You're yet again quoting these others doctors and going off topic, that is not the discussion we're having. What we are talking about is all the bad experiences people have recently had in Turkey @Cinik, yet you can only link to another forum with a post that's 2 years old. It doesn't matter what Melvin or anyone else says, without proof it's all just conjecture.

You're basically saying that anyone like myself and @Bax, @Pauls had not bothered to research anything and went with cheap all the way. When I can tell you this, I came to this forum and looked at reviews and results and it was some of the posts here that actually led me to use Cinik.

This thread from 2019 shows another botched result from Cinik and the user “o pclio” states in the thread that Cinik Clinic actually does 18 hair transplants per day (the patient stop posting like most do once they realize they have a botched HT): 

https://www.sacekimisonuclari.com/index.php?topic=9450.75

It’s pretty obvious that Cinik Clinic needs to have dozens of patients every day day (paying those ridiculous low all inclusive prices) in order to be able to afford advertising and the English premier league (one the most expensive advertising space in Europe).

https://eideard.com/2019/10/26/think-cosmetic-surgery-mostly-for-men-aint-profitable/

@Kruchie if you had spent time in this forum you would have found @Melvin-Moderator videos warning us about the red alerts we should be aware of such as clinics advertising all inclusive prices and understood the risks people take when they chose a tech run surgery in Turkey. 

Hope I have shed enough proof for you and managed to open your eyes.

This thread from 2019 shows another botched result from Cinik and the user “o pclio” states in the thread that Cinik Clinic actually does 18 hair transplants per day (the patient stop posting like most do once they realize they have a botched HT😞

https://www.sacekimisonuclari.com/index.php?topic=9450.75

It’s pretty obvious that Cinik Clinic needs to have dozens of patients every day day (paying those ridiculous low all inclusive prices) in order to be able to afford advertising and the English premier league (one the most expensive advertising space in Europe).

https://eideard.com/2019/10/26/think-cosmetic-surgery-mostly-for-men-aint-profitable/

@Kruchie if you had spent time in this forum you would have found @Melvin-Moderator videos warning us about the red alerts we should be aware of such as clinics advertising all inclusive prices and understood the risks people take when they chose a tech run surgery in Turkey. 

Hope I have shed enough proof for you and managed to open your eyes.

You haven't managed to prove anything?

You found another old topic, hardly showing the many there would be given the now 18 procedures a day. Is there a surgeon out there who doesn't have a bad review? 

I can't tell if you're being serious or not anymore. I have been there myself, to the clinic, seen it with my own eyes. I went back daily for hair washes for 6 days and saw none of what you claim.

You don't make much sense to me, it sounds like you're mad because Turkey can provide you a good result at an affordable price. Gone are the days when people had to remortgage their home for a HT. No wonder other doctors bad mouth them, of course they would. If someone was providing a similar service and charging 50+% less, you'd be mad and discredit them too.

Everywhere has good and bad clinics and that's all there is to it.

I'm done talking about this now as you keep taking the discussion in other directions and still have yet to prove anything you've claimed. My opinion is based on recent posts and experiences shared by real patients. 

Pekiner & hlc are the only two clinics in turkey I would trust period. Wouldn’t even consider any other clinic. The probability of getting a good result in any other clinic in turkey depends on too many variables.