Hair transplant experience, 3.500 grafts

babaoz

Hi, I went through a hair transplant on June 09. I thought my experience would be useful here.
I had 3.500 grafts transplanted by AHD team, the surgery lasted 2 days. I was very nervous and expected swelling, bleeding, and all these scary things discussed on forums. I was pleasantly surprised the first night after surgery. No pain, no blood, only some scabs that were cleaned in 10 days.

Then, I just started enjoying my hair look and they begin falling out :( The clinic informed about it at the beginning, but it is still kind of sad. I was also told to take Proscar to get better results. I bought few packs the other day, will see, hope there will be no side effects. 

Now I am in 5th week. Still facing shock loss, suppose it will continue for a few more weeks.

This is how my hair looked before the surgery

IMG-20200619-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200619-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20200619-WA0005.jpg

• babaoz changed the title to Hair transplant experience, 3.500 grafts
6 hours ago, paddyirishman said:

Very clean work and your donor looks great. The ugly duckling phase will come and go , after 3 or 4 months you will be over the hump. 

All the best for great growth

Paddy

3-4 months? I was prepared for 8 😁

At least can continue routine life. Sea, sports, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Friday to everyone. 
I want to go for a long vocation by the beach. Not sure if it affects my hair. It’s been almost 2 months, doc said I should stay away from sun and sea for 1.5 month. 
in hesitation. . . 
please help🙏

9 hours ago, babaoz said:

Great Friday to everyone. 
I want to go for a long vocation by the beach. Not sure if it affects my hair. It’s been almost 2 months, doc said I should stay away from sun and sea for 1.5 month. 
in hesitation. . . 
please help🙏

Hey Babaoz! The recommended time to avoid the sun after a HT varies from surgeon to surgeon, but I would recommend avoiding direct exposure for the first 6 months. I still think you can feel free to go to the beach, but I would wear a hat and keep it covered... And if your scalp is already healed, you can always put sunscreen on your scalp as an added precautionary measure for the times it may receive sun inadvertently. I used the sports sunscreen spray for this very reason and it worked really well. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

My scalp is ok. I did go to the vacation, do not regret. However, I was not taking off the hat even in the sea, so no diving ((. All in all, I guess healing progresses nice. Loosing hair.... I heard that shock loss is the most frustrating... I feel it. 

Thanks for your advices.  

On 8/4/2020 at 5:27 AM, babaoz said:

My scalp is ok. I did go to the vacation, do not regret. However, I was not taking off the hat even in the sea, so no diving ((. All in all, I guess healing progresses nice. Loosing hair.... I heard that shock loss is the most frustrating... I feel it. 

Thanks for your advices.  

I did the same thing during my recovery phase and never took the hat off in direct sunlight. I may have been overly cautious, but I would much rather err on the side of caution when it comes to something like sun exposure/sunburn, as it's one of the few things that can wreak havoc on a hair transplant post-op. Glad you were cautious and still let yourself have some fun. 

And the shock loss/ugly duckling phase is definitely the worst! But it'll be over with before you know it and chances are you'll look back on it later on forgetting just how frustrating it actually was in the moment. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 

It’s been 4 months since I had the ht. My hair started regrowing, finally, keep waiting…

As I work in the intensive care department at hospital, I was tested positive for Covid in the last months. I was worried about medicine, their effect on the recovering. I consulted with the clinic, they informed me that there are no restrictions. I was in quarantine for 10 days and got medical treatment. I am back at work. No problems for the moment. I will keep you posted.

Stay safe!

682080110_120daysss.thumb.jpg.3e002e3a0c7f5d50618cd1a6fe7ded1a.jpg1111766935_120dayss.thumb.jpg.738e9a75208bbff4b67ff1440b1010f4.jpg1632382422_120days.thumb.jpg.618a3191fe9f465461fe51ab2d0b43fd.jpg

Your results are looking amazing! And I'm very happy you recovered smoothly from Covid with no complications. (And thank you for the work you're doing in the hospitals... Stay safe!) 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like it's growing in very well.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...

Hey !...

I have been busy at work last couple months. Quickly jumped here to update you. 

I used proscar but decided to stop, phycological issues, although didn't see any sides. My hair is growing Ok, I think. I feel better and better..)

6months.png.2a98ee66e30462b02e2189208705337f.png1801534687_6monthss.png.e3aeb7421cfdc043a9cdfb05c1f24c56.png1669872870_6months.png.6fe3c800338ed290495145ab1fdc6aab.png6.png.4fbe36f5519cfbe42e83642ba406edf7.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...