Going to do Exosomes treatment. Okay to DC Finasteride?

Style22

Hi everyone,

Some great information on this forum.  Just curious if anyone has done the Exosomes therapy and not been on Finasteride.  I have been on it for almost a year.  It is working and stopping the hair loss.  However, I'm increasingly more concerned with the side effects that I've tried powering through.  Loss of Muscle mass, penis sensation and libido issues to name a few.  My current Doc would more or less roll eyes about finasteride side effects.  I'm planning on getting Exosomes injected in 3 weeks and would like to possibly DC finasteride.  Just hate to start losing ground and waste money on Exosomes.  Thanks guys!

Which clinic are you going to for your exosome treatment? And is there a follow up treatment plan in place, or just a one off treatment? 

There will be a lot of people on here eager to follow this, so please keep everyone updated - although analysis of results would be more accurate if you weren't undergoing any other treatments or medical therapies simultaneously. 

RE. finasteride - I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with side effects. It's ultimately a personal choice as to whether the retention of your hair is worth putting up with sides, however you owe it to yourself to make informed decisions based upon medical advice - your eye rolling doctor sounds irresponsible to say the least, and I'd suggest changing practitioners, and speak with someone who cares about your welfare. 

• Like 1

Going to Dr. McGrath in Austin for Exosomes treatment. No follow up treatment plan. Just one session with at least 5 cc’s of exosomes.  I’ll definitely share updates and pics for everyone.

Edited by Style22
  • Like 1

Very interested to follow this, Dr McGrath seems to be one of the leading advocates for this, so the more information you can provide, the better! 

Keep us updated about what you decide to do with your finasteride treatment - from what I have read and watched, the pioneering surgeons behind exosomes seem to allude to the treatment being an option to be used instead of medical therapy, which should bode well, should you dc because of the sides. 

Wish you well 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I don’t think we have any definitive evidence that it actually works, it’s like PRP with more hype. I would definitely continue finasteride. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I don’t think we have any definitive evidence that it actually works, it’s like PRP with more hype. I would definitely continue finasteride. 

Why do you recommend OP ‘definitely continues’ finasteride when he has expressed increasing concern over ill sides he’s experiencing ?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Why do you recommend OP ‘definitely continues’ finasteride when he has expressed increasing concern over ill sides he’s experiencing ?

I missed the side effects part, if he has side he should definitely stop. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 hours ago, Montreal said:

you can lose muscle mass on finesteride ?

Could be unrelated to the finasteride. However there are definite reports of men losing muscle mass on Finasteride out there. Lost 15 pounds not changing anything in my routine. 

15 pounds is a huge amount of weight to lose if you have not changed your diet, lifestyle or exercise routine? I'd consider getting that checked out first and foremost - it may be an underlying health issue. 

Best wishes  

On 7/14/2020 at 10:06 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Melvin-ModeratorI have seen some decent results shared by clinics so far, but your comparison to PRP isn't far off. If you visit Dr. Cooley's site his description of Exosomes is essentially that they're a greater concentration of the beneficial elements one would find in PRP, which generally leads to faster (if not stronger and faster) results. I've been keeping tabs on the treatment because of my favorable PRP results. Even a "boosted" PRP might be great for my specific case. I have been debating an experiment myself but as you said the number of favorable results thus far isn't quite there yet due to the current pandemic and the fact that the treatment is relatively new.

@Style22 I do hope you will share your results with us and take some good before/after pictures so we can see how effective or ineffective it was for you. I absolutely recommend that you don't stop Finasteride though. The exosomes don't do anything to inhibit the effect of DHT on hair.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

@Melvin-ModeratorI have seen some decent results shared by clinics so far, but your comparison to PRP isn't far off. If you visit Dr. Cooley's site his description of Exosomes is essentially that they're a greater concentration of the beneficial elements one would find in PRP, which generally leads to faster (if not stronger and faster) results. I've been keeping tabs on the treatment because of my favorable PRP results. Even a "boosted" PRP might be great for my specific case. I have been debating an experiment myself but as you said the number of favorable results thus far isn't quite there yet due to the current pandemic and the fact that the treatment is relatively new.

@Style22 I do hope you will share your results with us and take some good before/after pictures so we can see how effective or ineffective it was for you. I absolutely recommend that you don't stop Finasteride though. The exosomes don't do anything to inhibit the effect of DHT on hair.

I want to speak with Dr. Arocha on hid thoughts, he has ear to the ground in regards to potential treatments. I regularly read his blogs. I’d like to set up a Q&A with him like I did with H&W.

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

I want to speak with Dr. Arocha on hid thoughts, he has ear to the ground in regards to potential treatments. I regularly read his blogs. I’d like to set up a Q&A with him like I did with H&W.

I'd love to see this as I had been wanting to talk to him about exosomes as well. I had called his office and spoken with him just before the pandemic and he did mention exosomes offhandedly, but we didn't have a chance to discuss them.

Looking forward to watching the H&W video later today when I have a block of time.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hi Melvin, 

What’s Happening with the Dr Arocha Q&A thread, is there any indication on when he will be responding to the questions? 

Also, off topic a bit - were you wearing toppik last night in the H&W Q&A ? Your hair looked really good. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Curious25 said:

Hi Melvin, 

What’s Happening with the Dr Arocha Q&A thread, is there any indication on when he will be responding to the questions? 

Also, off topic a bit - were you wearing toppik last night in the H&W Q&A ? Your hair looked really good. 

Kira his rep is currently working on getting the answers, and video responses. 

Thanks, no toppik. I had dermmatch in the crown, but nothing in the front. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Got the Exosomes injection done this week with Dr. McGrath.  He injected 10 cc's of exosomes over the entire scalp with micro needling.  Here are a couple of before pics.  I am going back in for a follow up in 2 months.

IMG_2793.jpg

IMG_2792.jpg

• Like 1

One time treatment. There are some impressive before and after photos. Far more impressive than I’ve seen with PRP. I was told most are seeing at least an 50% improvement in growth/density. A handful of patients have been non responsive.