Jump to content
Kruchie

FUE 4,600 Grafts. Dr Cinik (3 days post op)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi, going to briefly share my experience with you all here. Curious to hear some opinions. I've been a long time lurker of these forums and thought it would only be fair for me to share my experience with you all. 

The decision to have a HT has been a long and difficult road, I wore a hair system for 5 years, which destroyed my mental health. So I decided something had to change, I couldn't continue and decided to save money and start taking positive steps towards a brighter future. I started by taking Fin, had some sides and switched to Dut, had some regrowth and my hair stopped falling out and had no side effects at all.  

Anyway, I saved the money and after a long deliberation, I went with Dr Cinik. I paid extra to have Cinik himself do the channel openings and together we created my new hairline. I did have a LOT of extra anesthesia and paid an extra £190 for the "needle free anesthesia", which was basically a mini air gun type of thing that blasted medication onto your skin, this hurt a lot but only for around 10 minutes and after that I literally didn't feel a thing and fell asleep twice. I was in there for 9 hours and luckily I was the only person in clinic that day. 

20200712_144908.thumb.jpg.cddca95e5e2cef0f680e6f1adee91212.jpg20200712_144406.thumb.jpg.de42839bbf294422000450aaa7173f40.jpg20200712_145012.thumb.jpg.1c2db4b6f1f738262687072286d92011.jpg20200712_150941.thumb.jpg.777a26bc4152cabcb9854c9059b1e147.jpg

 

Sorry about the quality of the photos, I did my best. I'll maybe take more and post my progress. If anyone has any ?'s please ask. 33/M/UK

20200712_144436.jpg

Edited by Kruchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great man! Excited for your journey and to see how this turns out for ya! I had my procedure done with Cinik 4 months ago and am SUPER happy with the results so far. You can check out my forum to see how it has gone. Cinik is the man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bax said:

Looks great man! Excited for your journey and to see how this turns out for ya! I had my procedure done with Cinik 4 months ago and am SUPER happy with the results so far. You can check out my forum to see how it has gone. Cinik is the man!

Hey Bax, thank you! Funny you should be the first person to comment because it was your post that really inspired me to go with Cinik. You've had such a good result I just wish mine will be as good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck @Kruchie, it seems like a great job, the classic Cinik job for patients with high norwood, the maximum density in the hairline, and then it decreases as you get closer to the vertex, but rightly so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good pal, hope the procedure went well for you, I’m booked in at Cinik’s on Tuesday, reading your post helps the nerves, good luck with everything. 

just one question mate, what are the marks 15mm below your hairline?
 

Paul.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Pauls said:

Looks good pal, hope the procedure went well for you, I’m booked in at Cinik’s on Tuesday, reading your post helps the nerves, good luck with everything. 

just one question mate, what are the marks 15mm below your hairline?
 

Paul.  

Yeah the procedure went very well, they are all nice people who work there. I'm sure those marks are just where the anesthesia went into my scalp. 

Good luck to you, I'm sure you'll be fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, hanginginthewire said:

What Norwood were you?  And would you have proceeded with a transplant if you were a NW6?

I'm not 100% sure what my NW was, I think my paperwork said I was NW5 but I will check on that. Yes I 100% would have a transplant still if I was a NW6.

You just have to be realistic about your expectations.

I will probably need a 2nd procedure at some point, let's see what the next 12 months bring. 

Edited by Kruchie
Edit
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work looks really good, your donor doesn't look half bad either! I'm super excited to see you in 6 months. Great work finally pulling the trigger too, I know it's a lot of pressure and buildup. We are here for you.

Hair systems are fascinating to me - it's not the kind of thing that I'd use personally for apparently some people stand by them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Kruchie said:

Hey Bax, thank you! Funny you should be the first person to comment because it was your post that really inspired me to go with Cinik. You've had such a good result I just wish mine will be as good. 

You’re results are going to look incredible, man! I have no doubt in my mind. Patience is the name of the game and all of us have gone through (and continue to go through it). There will be ups and downs, but the end result is going to be fantastic, even if you need to have a second procedure down the road

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey man - thanks heaps for sharing. As a fellow ginger i'll be following this thread closely! Your post-op photos looks clean and I'm sure you'll have a stellar result.  Happy growing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, baldbandito said:

Hey man - thanks heaps for sharing. As a fellow ginger i'll be following this thread closely! Your post-op photos looks clean and I'm sure you'll have a stellar result.  Happy growing.

Thanks! Apparently us redheads need extra anesthesia to knock us out, I know I definitely had a lot 😅

I'm going to do monthly updates on my progress. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all. Mini update. 5 Days post op, seeing some cracks appearing around the implanted area, telling myself this normal and nothing to worry about........ looks like there is no hair/grafts where the cracks are. Ended up smoking 5 cigarettes today after quitting for 10 days. have now threw them down the toilet and won't allow myself to buy more. 

Can anyone reassure me that this is normal before I contact the surgeon? I have looked into the cracking phenomenon and it does seem to be a common thing but my default emotion is to worry. 

20200714_152643.thumb.jpg.9393ee9f05ba15fbea94338b48e2e94b.jpg

 

Adding some better before/after pics too:

IMG-20200714-WA0014.thumb.jpg.f04166610fd4f568e89776eec247231f.jpg

IMG-20200714-WA0015.thumb.jpg.53b9977be0e1eeb0eeda6285cec0ae29.jpg

IMG-20200714-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a4f622be6883eef1dcaa0fb5c14f3203.jpg

IMG-20200714-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4f7918ae3c9419abb71661261af21a62.jpg

Thanks in advance! 

Would love to hear your thoughts @Melvin-Moderator

Edited by Kruchie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

Hi all. Mini update. 5 Days post op, seeing some cracks appearing around the implanted area, telling myself this normal and nothing to worry about........ looks like there is no hair/grafts where the cracks are. Ended up smoking 5 cigarettes today after quitting for 10 days. have now threw them down the toilet and won't allow myself to buy more. 

Can anyone reassure me that this is normal before I contact the surgeon? I have looked into the cracking phenomenon and it does seem to be a common thing but my default emotion is to worry. 

20200714_152643.thumb.jpg.9393ee9f05ba15fbea94338b48e2e94b.jpg

 

Adding some better before/after pics too:

IMG-20200714-WA0014.thumb.jpg.f04166610fd4f568e89776eec247231f.jpg

IMG-20200714-WA0015.thumb.jpg.53b9977be0e1eeb0eeda6285cec0ae29.jpg

IMG-20200714-WA0006.thumb.jpg.a4f622be6883eef1dcaa0fb5c14f3203.jpg

IMG-20200714-WA0002.thumb.jpg.4f7918ae3c9419abb71661261af21a62.jpg

Thanks in advance! 

Would love to hear your thoughts @Melvin-Moderator

The cracks around the recipient area are completely normal! If you look at my photo from day 4, it looks very similar. Also, you’re only going to see a small proportion of the the hair/grafts right now because the scab is thick. Once you’re able to start massaging them out, then you’ll start to see the whole hair follicle.

As for the smoking, please make sure you do not smoke anymore, especially in the early phase. This is a very crucial time right now for the grafts to take and smoking and excessive alcohol consumption has been known to decrease blood flow and therefore, increase healing time.

Take a breath, remain calm, and be patient with yourself. This process takes time and the more compliant you are to your post-op care, the better the result will be. We are always here to help :)

F3960F7D-2564-4250-8A9F-1C406E9891C8.jpeg

03B72CDD-CB52-4DE5-89D2-08AD01CB1497.jpeg

Edited by Bax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Bax Ty for that! I feel 100 times better now, I sort of knew it was normal but then I began to worry and panicked. 😅 I'll do my best to remain calm and trust the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kruchie said:

@Bax Ty for that! I feel 100 times better now, I sort of knew it was normal but then I began to worry and panicked. 😅 I'll do my best to remain calm and trust the process.

Of course! My pleasure :). Emotions are going to be high because this is such an exciting journey to go through. Rest assure, you are only at the beginning of this journey. Ride the waves and the ups and downs, and be excited for how this is going to alter your appearance and confidence!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like good work man. Look forward to seeing your results.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention, had 500 grafts from my beard. Managed to have a wet shave today. I've had no pain or discomfort in the area, actually forgot I had grafts taken from my beard. 6 days post op:

20200715_210939.thumb.jpg.9adb7e47c4e3152440430207ae4fa5e9.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 days post op mini update. Most of the scabs have come off now, still have the mini blue dot on my scalp but I can see it's fading. 20200720_124350.thumb.jpg.84d5c80e927e1ef559ec2cdf486d2882.jpg20200720_124216.thumb.jpg.8b7bf63ca29daa6ea3d2b88d497a3c1f.jpg

Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks 😇🤩

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like good, clean work!  I like the hairline design for you.  Happy growing and be patient the next few months! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kruchie said:

11 days post op mini update. Most of the scabs have come off now, still have the mini blue dot on my scalp but I can see it's fading. 20200720_124350.thumb.jpg.84d5c80e927e1ef559ec2cdf486d2882.jpg20200720_124216.thumb.jpg.8b7bf63ca29daa6ea3d2b88d497a3c1f.jpg

Any feedback is always appreciated. Thanks 😇🤩

Wow! Looks great so far! Awesome hairline design, nice density, and clean work. Classic Cinik 🙌🏼!

Looking forward to your next update, man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great! How your back head? Can you take a pic showing the graft extraction area? Thx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×