Preparing for Shock-loss - when will I be out of the ?

Hi all! I know it varies, but how soon can I expect shock-loss after surgery? Any idea how long it generally takes for the affected areas to grow back? My surgery is scheduled for the end of July and I'm just trying to prepare myself.

This is a much discussed topic, and if you just use the search function by typing in shock you will get more responses, and more information than by you just reposting the question. 

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

4 hours ago, Dazed said:

This is a much discussed topic, and if you just use the search function by typing in shock you will get more responses, and more information than by you just reposting the question. 

Thanks -- I'll do that!

I agree that doing a search for this topic will lead you to many more answers, as there's a lot to unpack and a lot of different opinions on the matter. The main thing I would tell you to prepare for in terms of growth post-op is to allow for at least a full 12 months for the final result to show up, both in terms of growth and also in terms of overall density, thickness/hair maturity, etc. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators

On my experience shock loss is in full effect the second month, and starts to resolve around the 6th to 7th month. However, the timeframe varies from person to person.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.