Opinion on doctors decision

Hello, everyone.

I was watching this Hair transplant and it seemed interesting. I'm no doctor, but his donor area looked very poor, and the bald area was considerably big. Still, the doctor decided to do what he calls a dense packing on the front, with no distribution to other bald areas, aside from the crown. Also, the number of follicles extracted seems to be more than his got available.

It would be better if you watch the video, but I attached some pictures in case you don't want to.

What do you guys think?

Screenshot_20200711-090035.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-085957.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-085850.jpg

Screenshot_20200711-085820.jpg

Edited by Arthur Passos
Add pictures

Yuck!  Yes, that donor area is sparse.  That's going to be one unhappy patient. 😑 An ethical surgeon would have declined.

Edited by aaron1234
  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Moderators

Definitely stay away from this place. This Dr has no idea what a hair transplant can do. It is obvious that there will not be enough donor hair to accomplish filling in the rest of the area in the future. He even drew the corners of the hairline rounded down. I don't know why Drs do this. It is so unnatural. You'd think that any Dr wanting to get into doing hair transplants would AT LEAST take a look at some real hairlines and see what a hairline is supposed to look like.

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

8 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Definitely stay away from this place. This Dr has no idea what a hair transplant can do. It is obvious that there will not be enough donor hair to accomplish filling in the rest of the area in the future. He even drew the corners of the hairline rounded down. I don't know why Drs do this. It is so unnatural. You'd think that any Dr wanting to get into doing hair transplants would AT LEAST take a look at some real hairlines and see what a hairline is supposed to look like.

Definately will not even come close to that clinic.

• Administrators

Where to unpack? The hairline is WAY too low, the grafts were extracted too high, you can see there’s obvious thinning on the upper lateral hump. I’m at a loss for words.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Where to unpack? The hairline is WAY too low, the grafts were extracted too high, you can see there’s obvious thinning on the upper lateral hump. I’m at a loss for words.

Yeah, unbelieveable. I even considered questioning him in the video comments, but this would probably make the patient feel bad, so I didn't.

OK, I live in Florida so I am used to seeing blue haired old ladies, but what the hell is that with his implants.  Honestly that looks like the Blue fertilizer the city sprays on the grass.

Edited by Dazed
  • Like 1

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

@Arthur Passos quando vier visitar Portugal sugeria que marque aqui o seu transplante capilar pois no Porto tem o Dr. Bruno Ferreira que também trabalha em Madrid com um dos melhores médicos do mundo o Dr. Jose Lorenzo.

No Brasil não existem médicos a fazer transplantes com a qualidade do Dr. BF e se for aos Estados Unidos vai pagar 4x mais para ter um médico com a qualidade do Dr. BF.

Fuja das clínicas Portuguesas como a Saude Viavel, CM2C e outras pois vai ter a sua cirurgia realizada por um técnico e o mais provável é ficar com um resultado fraco tal como o actor Rui Unas que é pago para promover a Saude Viavel mas mesmo assim ficou com resultados péssimos pois implantaram-lhe grafts duplos na linha frontal (linha frontal apenas deve ter singles).

Abraço

Edited by Portugal25