Dr Demirsoy - 3105 Grafts - 6th July 2020

GLHF

On 12/15/2020 at 6:15 PM, T95good said:

What is the g/cm for hairline? Looking really good so far!

Hi. Im not 100% sure to be honest but I'm happy with the density. I think other surgeons might offer higher density, if that's what youre looking for.

Thanks 👍 are you considering an fue?

On 12/22/2020 at 12:52 PM, Zoobz said:

Hi mate. Looks good. Are you on meds

Thanks mate

Yeah I take

Finasteride 1mg since April 2020

Minoxidil since December 2019

Biotin since September 2020

I had to stop using the minox after the fue, it caused a really weird reaction with my eyes and skin.

I've just managed to start it again with no symptoms so my crown has currently thinned due to the shedding caused by minox when you first start using it. I think..

• 2 weeks later...

6 MONTH UPDATE

Hi guys, here is my 6 month progress pictures.

Let me know what you all think?

The first 3 pictures are with damp/wet hair

20210106_214348.thumb.jpg.3d9bd323ce4cf3c72d6d32248758dff8.jpg

20210106_214353.thumb.jpg.4a8fbae2bd4af94019e6ff2e13cda3da.jpg20210106_214350.thumb.jpg.813de6f4a8fbcee6941bd0aa69a9ab01.jpg

Now after drying my hair with minimal styling

20210106_214554.thumb.jpg.f49841f54a97a27509bd07be263abc9c.jpg

20210106_214618.thumb.jpg.3c4dbf5f346d28e5d6b192fd09aa7278.jpg

20210106_214633.thumb.jpg.48fa7170e697cceb7275eb9c35c63925.jpg

20210106_214637.thumb.jpg.d0b2154995259b2d0de6510b93815ff0.jpg

20210106_214639.thumb.jpg.3e45497d4e1340592956dfd3d4b25b2f.jpg

Apologies for the terrible picture quality, I didn't notice just how bad they were until I uploaded them.

Something to mention is that I've started using minoxidil again and I noticed some shedding, I'm hoping for some positive effects from it...

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Well I think it looks excellent! Especially considering your only at the half way point ! 👏

Cheers mate.

I'm happy with the hairline, even if this ended up being the full result. Totally content with it.

The crown still has new hairs sprouting through which is a really encouraging sign, If I use a tiny amount of hair fibers it's totally covered. 

• Like 1

Just now, GLHF said:

Cheers mate.

I'm happy with the hairline, even if this ended up being the full result. Totally content with it.

The crown still has new hairs sprouting through which is a really encouraging sign, If I use a tiny amount of hair fibers it's totally covered. 

Yes the crown will take longer, usually up to 18 months. This is going to end up a really awesome result. As it’s already really good. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Yes the crown will take longer, usually up to 18 months. This is going to end up a really awesome result. As it’s already really good. 

Thanks man. I'm definitely feeling much better about it.

You might just be right!

• Like 1

Hi there! Great results so far. Wow. Also a Dr Demirsoy patient. I had 3300 grafts done by him in 2015. Was my third transplant. Very happy with the results. Obviously, now after 5.5 years I'd like to come back and top up just for a little more density. I know Demirsoy can be on the conservative side with density and that's a good thing when doing multiple procedures over time. Definitely considering returning back. Just wanted to ask, as you mentioned in an earlier post, what other doctors have stumbled across while doing your research that specialize in density?

5 hours ago, tsav84 said:

Hi there! Great results so far. Wow. Also a Dr Demirsoy patient. I had 3300 grafts done by him in 2015. Was my third transplant. Very happy with the results. Obviously, now after 5.5 years I'd like to come back and top up just for a little more density. I know Demirsoy can be on the conservative side with density and that's a good thing when doing multiple procedures over time. Definitely considering returning back. Just wanted to ask, as you mentioned in an earlier post, what other doctors have stumbled across while doing your research that specialize in density?

Thanks mate. Appreciate that.

I'm not sure whether Demirsoy carries out his work with the future in mind, maybe to conserve your donor area. I would have liked a slightly denser hairline but I fully understand why he doesn't go crazy with graft numbers.

To be honest mate there are quite a few, but what I found was that they had a higher amount of patients with damaged donor areas. I think I would go back to Demirsoy for a second FUE and request higher density and a crown top up.

How is your donor area??

9 hours ago, GLHF said:

Thanks mate. Appreciate that.

I'm not sure whether Demirsoy carries out his work with the future in mind, maybe to conserve your donor area. I would have liked a slightly denser hairline but I fully understand why he doesn't go crazy with graft numbers.

To be honest mate there are quite a few, but what I found was that they had a higher amount of patients with damaged donor areas. I think I would go back to Demirsoy for a second FUE and request higher density and a crown top up.

How is your donor area??

I completely agree with you! I love that after doing tones of research 6 years ago I am now back here and have noticed that he is STILL the top doc on all the forums and websites. It makes me feel so confident in my choice and I agree that he likes to conserve and think ahead rather than go absolutely all in which is why his results are consistently strong. I actually have been whatsapping with his assistant and he said he can definitely thicken up my front area for more density and I may put few in the crown but all depends on how many grafts I can get. The front is more important and filling in crowns takes so much more work, more grafts with less success rate for some reason. Plus the crown is at the back of the head and volume there isn't as important visually as the front. Plus the crown is always easy to cover with topic or other ways.

After my second FUT transplant with Dr Path in Thailand, he tiold me I had about 7500 grafts left. I then had 3300 FUE with Dr Demirsoy 2 years later so I'm confident I have a solid 2000 - 3000 left. My donor area actually looks great. I keep it really short to a number 3 around the FUT scar and a number 2 everywhere else.

Once this next HT grows in (my 4th!) I will look into scalp micro pigmentation (Hair tattoos) to have done all over my donor area and maybe even a little in my crown. That way I can shave the back of my head all the way down and have it appear like there is more hair there.

What supplements are you taking right now?

2 minutes ago, tsav84 said:

I completely agree with you! I love that after doing tones of research 6 years ago I am now back here and have noticed that he is STILL the top doc on all the forums and websites. It makes me feel so confident in my choice and I agree that he likes to conserve and think ahead rather than go absolutely all in which is why his results are consistently strong. I actually have been whatsapping with his assistant and he said he can definitely thicken up my front area for more density and I may put few in the crown but all depends on how many grafts I can get. The front is more important and filling in crowns takes so much more work, more grafts with less success rate for some reason. Plus the crown is at the back of the head and volume there isn't as important visually as the front. Plus the crown is always easy to cover with topic or other ways.

After my second FUT transplant with Dr Path in Thailand, he tiold me I had about 7500 grafts left. I then had 3300 FUE with Dr Demirsoy 2 years later so I'm confident I have a solid 2000 - 3000 left. My donor area actually looks great. I keep it really short to a number 3 around the FUT scar and a number 2 everywhere else.

Once this next HT grows in (my 4th!) I will look into scalp micro pigmentation (Hair tattoos) to have done all over my donor area and maybe even a little in my crown. That way I can shave the back of my head all the way down and have it appear like there is more hair there.

What supplements are you taking right now?

Also... Your crown looks fantastic! Way better than mine and we had the same amount of grafts. For some reason, my crown never really bloomed after all 3. Or maybe it did but the native hair just got worse around it. I'd be really happy if mine looked as good as yours. Did he tell you the amounts he placed at different parts of your scalp? I think mine was 1000 in the crown, 1600 across and in the middle and 800 in the front. Again, your crown looks AMAZING!

On 1/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, tsav84 said:

Also... Your crown looks fantastic! Way better than mine and we had the same amount of grafts. For some reason, my crown never really bloomed after all 3. Or maybe it did but the native hair just got worse around it. I'd be really happy if mine looked as good as yours. Did he tell you the amounts he placed at different parts of your scalp? I think mine was 1000 in the crown, 1600 across and in the middle and 800 in the front. Again, your crown looks AMAZING!

Hi, sorry for the late reply.

Thank you for the kind words.

I'm not 100% sure on graft placement numbers but I think 500(ish) in the crown.

I currently take

finasteride 1mg daily

Biotin 1 pill daily

Minox (but not particularly consistently)

Multi vitamin 1 daily

Cod liver oil 1 daily

Nizoral shampoo 3 x weekly

I hope this helps.

5 hours ago, GLHF said:

Something I forgot to mention is that there are still lots of new hairs coming through on the crown.

Feeling very hopeful

I am so glad to read that. So since we spoke... I’ve booked my next HT. I’m actually flying to Turkey next week! I’m excited about it and I think I will get more placed in the crown now that I’ve seen yours. I might even ask how many he did with you as a comparison.
I’m aiming for 1750 to 2250 grafts as a top up. I’m so happy with the results from my surgeries and now I just want to add some density and volume. His assistant said that I’m a perfect candidate for that and it should fill in nicely. 
Those nerves still kick in but this time I’m trying to just turn it into excitement & really allow the process time as I know it takes time. 

• Administrators

Looking great man, you’re definitely a fast grower. Enjoy that mane 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 hours ago, tsav84 said:

I am so glad to read that. So since we spoke... I’ve booked my next HT. I’m actually flying to Turkey next week! I’m excited about it and I think I will get more placed in the crown now that I’ve seen yours. I might even ask how many he did with you as a comparison.
I’m aiming for 1750 to 2250 grafts as a top up. I’m so happy with the results from my surgeries and now I just want to add some density and volume. His assistant said that I’m a perfect candidate for that and it should fill in nicely. 
Those nerves still kick in but this time I’m trying to just turn it into excitement & really allow the process time as I know it takes time. 

Ah niceone mate - I really hope it goes well for you. Demirsoy does good work from what I've seen on here. I'm definitely happy.

Will you be posting a thread on this forum? If so ill keep an eye out on how you get on. Good luck and just enjoy the experience, its like a mini holiday!

All the best