Is this a failed HT

My hair looks very thin when under harsh light , is this normal or is this a failed HT , I only had 650 grafts as I had previously had 1200 before then. I know I’m under very harsh light but surely it should be looking denser or maybe I’m just expecting to much. I’m currently 220 days post surgery. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

6B471F1A-3652-49D4-941A-AC6984E08627.png

51ADDE85-BB66-4EF6-8252-2617714512BD.jpeg

• Administrators

You’ve already posted this before, not sure if you’re just trying to get a confirmation bias, but there’s nothing wrong with the hairline. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You’ve already posted this before, not sure if you’re just trying to get a confirmation bias, but there’s nothing wrong with the hairline. 

Yeah I have sorry , I just took more photos today and still feel like I can see scalp and that hair is real thin under harsh light. 

• Administrators

Sounds like your age and expectations are not realistic. It’s normal to see scalp under harsh lights, even after getting a hair transplant. 

There’s a lot of information we need to give you a better answer. Did they transplant into pre-existing hair, or were you completely bald in that area? Are you on finasteride? Did you recently start minoxidil?

Either way the hairline looks good, so I wouldn’t say its a failure regardless, it looks natural and like a normal hairline  

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Sounds like your age and expectations are not realistic. It’s normal to see scalp under harsh lights, even after getting a hair transplant. 

There’s a lot of information we need to give you a better answer. Did they transplant into pre-existing hair, or were you completely bald in that area? Are you on finasteride? Did you recently start minoxidil?

Either way the hairline looks good, so I wouldn’t say its a failure regardless, it looks natural and like a normal hairline  

No I was bald in the areas they transplanted into. Was born with a v shaped hairline and have quite thick hair so haven’t started any drugs yet as I’m not losing any hair. 

yes maybe my expectations were a bit too high then , been checking my progress a lot under harsh light so maybe it’s time to just keep checking on it in natural sunlight. 

I did ask my clinic to send me my prescription op photos but they said it’ll take some time due to “Covid 19” so sorry for posting with such little info. Needed to get someone’s response on this tho as it’s been bugging me quite a lot.

Also I’ve noticed this bald patch maybe a month after my surgery that still hasn’t grown back , I thought it could’ve been shockloss but wouldn’t it of grown back by now? 

3A6CA191-83FE-49E2-93B1-FDDCCD350719.jpeg

• Administrators

The bald spot could be alopecia areata or shock loss. If that area was bald, your hair transplant is not a failure.

View my thread

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The bald spot could be alopecia areata or shock loss. If that area was bald, your hair transplant is not a failure.

Okay well that’s good to hear , if it was shock loss shouldn’t it of grown back by now? 

How does it look indirect sunlight with hair pushed up?  How does it look under a tubelight?    If you are 7.5 months you should have some extra thickness and maturity of grafts coming in.  Hopefully at one year mark you can guage it more clearly.  Are you taking any meds?  

Bottom line is, at least your scalp is not like mine after transplantation which is clearly damaged and a noticeable distinct failure.  

best of luck to you and hopefully in next 3-4 months it will blend in more.  

1C19805C-6B09-4509-80D5-E9F146B495AD.jpeg