Beard grafts and scarring due to FUE

Whilst FUE will not result in a linear scar, as far as I'm aware it will still result in lots of very small dot-like scars in the donor area.

With this in mind, does this mean that when beard hair is removed as grafts to be used in a hair transplant, there will be many dot-like scars in the facial donor area where they were removed from the beard?

Presumably, therefore, someone who has grafts removed from their beard would have to keep a beard afterwards in they want to hide these dot-like scars on their face i.e. they wouldn't be able to go clean shaven?

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

• Moderators

The beard area heals extremely well. Plus if you keep the donor area to a section under your chin it will be in a location that won't easily be seen by anyone. I've had over 2300 beard grafts removed and I still shave regularly.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Beard hair healing i guess depends in the extraction style, tool, doctor , etc.  

i had some beard hairs extracted and yes there is some scarring there with the surgeon that did it, even on my chest there is scarring even though i was told it should subside later and would heal.  

ive heard Dr Bisanga and Dr Mwamba and etc have better success with healing.  

• Like 1