Surgeon Search - Bay Area

Hi, I'm new to this forum and have been in search of a good surgeon in the Bay Area to do my first HT

Using the Search feature by location, only one came up (Dr. Diep). I've already spoken to him but I would like to see more options. I'm also a little concerned about Dr. Diep's review regarding the donor area miss. Hence looking for other options.

Are there really no other recommended surgeons in the Bay Area?

You got some surgeons that are not part of this forum but may be part of others in the Bay area.

but in the end, dont let location limit your choices.  Depending on your hair type and texture, and your needs, one surgeon may perform better then another for the same scenario.  

Thanks for the replies.

So far, I've had consultation with Dr. Arika in India, Dr. Damkerng in Thailand, scheduled one with Dr. Bisanga in Belgium, and still waiting to hear from Dr. Gabel from the Portland area. Aside from Portland, I can't travel out of the country at the moment due to the pandemic. Which is why I was hoping to find someone locally.

Price wise (though it's not my main concern) varied from 5000USD to 20000USD for 2500 to 3000 grafts (FUE).

I'm 50, Asian male. Norwood 3 I'm told.

What are some of the other HT forums? I googled and found a few more but mostly full of ads and not much info.

Edited by cbc3113

Forums are everywhere and you’ll get that across just about every forum.   As for pricing, You can Definitely negotiate with surgeons. You got some good docs you consulted with.  Have you reached out to other doctors that may also understand Asian hair?  Another good one is Dr Wong.  You have some docs in Spain as well if you want to wait out the pandemic.  

Now, with Asian hair, you need to be more careful with FUE, the tools used, and caliber of your hair.  

5 hours ago, Sean said:

Forums are everywhere and you’ll get that across just about every forum.   As for pricing, You can Definitely negotiate with surgeons. You got some good docs you consulted with.  Have you reached out to other doctors that may also understand Asian hair?  Another good one is Dr Wong.  You have some docs in Spain as well if you want to wait out the pandemic.  

Now, with Asian hair, you need to be more careful with FUE, the tools used, and caliber of your hair.  

Forgive my ignorance, but are the quoted prices usually negotiable for HT?

On 7/6/2020 at 10:51 AM, cbc3113 said:

Forgive my ignorance, but are the quoted prices usually negotiable for HT?

Absolutely,  various factor help if you share pics or if you pick a spot that someone cancelled.  If you hAve more grafts that need to be dine, they can give you better pricing etc.  I know a lot of surgeons that do this and ive noticed different prices even when my surgeries were booked.  Someone may have gotten better pricing someone may have paid more.  Never would have known unless so many folks reached out to me.  

On 7/6/2020 at 3:59 PM, cbc3113 said:

I also noticed, while most of the consultations I have had so far were free, some surgeons ask for $50. Is that the norm?

Yes, few surgeons do.  But for most, they may be free.  And sometimes surgeons charge you to tell you if you get surgery with them the fee can be subtracted fr your procedure

7 minutes ago, Sean said:

Absolutely,  various factor help if you share pics or if you pick a spot that someone cancelled.  If you hAve more grafts that need to be dine, they can give you better pricing etc.  I know a lot of surgeons that do this and ive noticed different prices even when my surgeries were booked.  Someone may have gotten better pricing someone may have paid more.  Never would have known unless so many folks reached out to me.  

Thanks Sean. I've contacted Dr. Diep's office and asked if their price is negotiable but haven't heard back from them. I have a feeling I won't hear back.

I'm now looking at Dr. Konior. I know he is the most expensive but from various reviews, he's worth the price.

• Administrators

Dr. Diep was my personal surgeon, and I can personally vouch for him. That said, I agree and echo others. Never let location be the deciding factor.

Btw where are you submitting your consultations? 

This link you can submit free online consultations with all of the aforementioned surgeons.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Diep was my personal surgeon, and I can personally vouch for him. That said, I agree and echo others. Never let location be the deciding factor.

Btw where are you submitting your consultations? 

This link you can submit free online consultations with all of the aforementioned surgeons.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I emailed Dr. Diep’s office in Monday asking if the price was negotiable but received no reply. A simple note to say it’s non-negotiable would have been better than complet silence. 

I submitted some of my consultations from this forum and others directly from the surgeons websites. Does that many any difference?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, cbc3113 said:

I emailed Dr. Diep’s office in Monday asking if the price was negotiable but received no reply. A simple note to say it’s non-negotiable would have been better than complet silence. 

I submitted some of my consultations from this forum and others directly from the surgeons websites. Does that many any difference?

Yes, our online consultations go to us and them, so of there’s no reply we can intervene. Best to use our link. Resubmit the consultations using the link, and if you have any issues hearing back let me know, and I’ll intervene.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/8/2020 at 10:12 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yes, our online consultations go to us and them, so of there’s no reply we can intervene. Best to use our link. Resubmit the consultations using the link, and if you have any issues hearing back let me know, and I’ll intervene.

Dr. Diep's office just responded. I guess they are monitoring this forum very closely. I do appreciate the reply. Thank you.

I still haven't made up my mind who to go with.

Thanks Melvin. I will let you know if they don't respond by next week.

Edited by cbc3113