Diep, H&W, bloxham

Good morning fellas. 
I am asking for some friendly unbiased opinions on 3 surgeons. Hasson and Wong, Dr. Blake bloxham, and Dr Diep. I’ve had consults with all 3 and they all seem like they would be good options. I am progressing into a nw 6 so i have opted for FUT, then fue afterwards. Just so i can utilize more lifetime grafts. What are your guys opinions on their results? Who would you recommend? Price and location mean nothing. This is strictly about getting it done right the first time.

Thanks guys 

• Administrators

Very different doctors. Diep and Hasson both have outstanding FUE results, Bloxham is mainly FUT. Bloxham is a very talented young surgeon, but he doesn’t have the experience of the other two. Not saying he doesn’t deliver great results because he does, but that is one undeniable fact.

I know a lot of people here hate on Diep, he was my personal doctor who changed my life, so I have nothing but good things to say about him. Hasson has been viewed as an elite surgeon for longer than some members have been alive, decades of quality and experience. My unbiased and fair answer . 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

H&W - Top tier surgeons. From what I've seen of their results, they are extremely consistent, and use grafts in an intelligent way to maximize coverage. Hairlines look great. They seem to be pushing more for FUE lately (they suggested FUE to me in my online consultation), but they are obviously one of the best at FUT

Dr. Bloxham - His video documentation of results is the best, bar none. I highly suggest checking his Youtube channel to see what he's capable of. He specializes in FUT so if that's the procedure you want, you're in good hands. Very talented and capable of good work but in some of his cases I think his hairlines come out a little too unbroken and artificial. His scars are practically invisible.

Dr. Diep - I think he has a great sense of aesthetics and hairline design. If your concern was  getting temples/hairline he is superb. I don't think he is as good as H&W at optimizing graft usage to create density in the midscalp/crown. I've seen dubious harvesting for FUE from him, but if you're going through with FUT this is something you can overlook anyway.

Edited by ADuckwithNoHair

they’re all very good options for FUT

if you’re headed towards a NW6, Dr Bloxham is probably the most conservative when it comes to design of hairline and lifetime grafts.

If you want to try for a homerun/knock it out of the park, I would lean towards H&W or Diep

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Very different doctors. Diep and Hasson both have outstanding FUE results, Bloxham is mainly FUT. Bloxham is a very talented young surgeon, but he doesn’t have the experience of the other two. Not saying he doesn’t deliver great results because he does, but that is one undeniable fact.

I know a lot of people here hate on Diep, he was my personal doctor who changed my life, so I have nothing but good things to say about him. Hasson has been viewed as an elite surgeon for longer than some members have been alive, decades of quality and experience. My unbiased and fair answer . 

What do people hate on for diep? And how satisfied are you with your results from him? Would you change anything?

36 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

they’re all very good options for FUT

if you’re headed towards a NW6, Dr Bloxham is probably the most conservative when it comes to design of hairline and lifetime grafts.

If you want to try for a homerun/knock it out of the park, I would lean towards H&W or Diep

Is there a reason why you think bloxham wouldn’t be a homerun as well?

1 hour ago, ADuckwithNoHair said:

H&W - Top tier surgeons. From what I've seen of their results, they are extremely consistent, and use grafts in an intelligent way to maximize coverage. Hairlines look great. They seem to be pushing more for FUE lately (they suggested FUE to me in my online consultation), but they are obviously one of the best at FUT

Dr. Bloxham - His video documentation of results is the best, bar none. I highly suggest checking his Youtube channel to see what he's capable of. He specializes in FUT so if that's the procedure you want, you're in good hands. Very talented and capable of good work but in some of his cases I think his hairlines come out a little too unbroken and artificial. His scars are practically invisible.

Dr. Diep - I think he has a great sense of aesthetics and hairline design. If your concern was  getting temples/hairline he is superb. I don't think he is as good as H&W at optimizing graft usage to create density in the midscalp/crown. I've seen dubious harvesting for FUE from him, but if you're going through with FUT this is something you can overlook anyway.

I actually agree with everything you just said. I’m narrowing it down to bloxham and diep for fut. diep shows comb throughs, but the way bloxham combs that wet hair result is just different. That’s what ultimately might win me over. I’m also on pace to be a nw 6 so i really need to focus on using every single possible graft in my donor.

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, James C said:

What do people hate on for diep? And how satisfied are you with your results from him? Would you change anything?

I’m 100% satisfied with his results, and I wouldn’t change a thing. You can judge yourself, take a look at my hair transplant journey in my signature. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, James C said:

Is there a reason why you think bloxham wouldn’t be a homerun as well?

his results are very good and very impressive. I actually had a consult with him myself. I may just have a high bar set for the word "homerun" ;) I chose to go with H&W whenever they open back up.. this would be for FUE though

Edited by hairlossPA

3 hours ago, ADuckwithNoHair said:

I think you nailed it

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I know a lot of people here hate on Diep, he was my personal doctor who changed my life, …. My unbiased and fair answer . 

Sorry Melvin, No one "hates" on Diep. The people you are probably referring too, like me, giving honest and educated feedback to Dieps methods. And this methods vary significantly from the clinics which are on the usual top lists. I also agree that your result is spectacular, but maybe that is why you (!) are the one who is biased? 

H&W are obviously one of the best clinics for your case (if the self-description is right), especially if you go for FUT and you go all in. Bloxham is great but of course has less cases to present (due to time in the business). He is According to my knowledge) doing most of the work by himself and maybe is more conservative: Therefore he probably would go with less grafts in a session and a more conservative hairline. In Europe there is Hattingen who is also interesting for your case. There are many great other clinics in the US like Konior who is also doing less grafts per session. I am sure I can extend that list. Diep would be much further down on my list (I do not want to discuss again why, it has been discussed several times). 

If you decided for FUT the next step is:

- What are your goals? 

- Do you want a surgeon doing the majority of the work

- Do you want to go "all-in" with a mega-session or in steps

Answering this questions will limit your options and make the decision easier. With pics we can guide you better...

I'd go with Bloxham...consistent results and practically no scar with FUT. His bedside demeanor is great too

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.