My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

I think I can take another 1.000 out from the entire donor to further homogenously deplete it.

If they manage to do this then I will reach about 10.5K grafts I believe 

I will use more BHT only to add density to the donor if required after my final 2 HT's.

I think SMP will do the job and it might not be required but it's good to have that option

Dr Mwamba has been a godsend to me as he took my case and repaired my donor when nobody else wanted to. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, mustang said:

5 months! 

I consider my donor to be completely normal again! 

PRE-OP-CENTER.jpg

5 months.jpg

Absolutely incredible, 10/10 thread. I believe I’ll follow this path as well. What guard is that? Looks like a #1 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

5 months! 

I consider my donor to be completely normal again! 

PRE-OP-CENTER.jpg

5 months.jpg

Absolutely incredible, 10/10 thread. I believe I’ll follow this path as well. What guard is that? Looks like a #1 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, mustang said:

Final result

Before and after

Couldn't be happier. Got pretty much 100% growth from BHT on scar tissue. 

SMP next.

Dr Mwamba 1 Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.jpg

DESPUES.jpg

Fantastic work by the Dr Mwamba. Donor looks pristine. I doubt anyone would be able to tell you had a surgery done unless they were really looking for it.

Thank you guys

Yes, Dr Mwamba did an amazing job. I can't thank him enough. He had so much patience with me and spent extremely longs hours cherry picking grafts to make everything look better

• Administrators
On 2/27/2021 at 3:40 AM, mustang said:

Final result

Before and after

Couldn't be happier. Got pretty much 100% growth from BHT on scar tissue. 

SMP next.

Dr Mwamba 1 Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.jpg

DESPUES.jpg

Absolutely incredible 👏🏼

View my thread

Thank you guys,

I still have some gaps where I can see another 300-400 grafts could go in but I ask myself if it would make any aesthetic difference at this stage and it would not so not sure I will go for it.

I will however get SMP done as I want too extended my donor capabilities to another 1.000 grafts ideally. 

Thanks for the support

Josh

• Like 1

Yes sir

Hair is still getting better with the new solution with growth factors

I highly recommend it and the best part is no sides like I had with oral finasteride or topical finasteride

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mustang said:

Yes sir

Hair is still getting better with the new solution with growth factors

I highly recommend it and the best part is no sides like I had with oral finasteride or topical finasteride

Thankyou. Sounds great! What are the growth factors ... Is it minoxidil ? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 9:41 AM, mustang said:

I still have some gaps where I can see another 300-400 grafts could go in

Superb result. Very happy for you.

On an unrelated note, I'm so curious as to what line of work are you in to be able to afford over 10 transplants?

And....are there any jobs available? 😂

• Like 1

8 hours ago, follically challenged said:

Superb result. Very happy for you.

On an unrelated note, I'm so curious as to what line of work are you in to be able to afford over 10 transplants?

And....are there any jobs available? 😂

Thank you brother

Well, it's 13 hair transplants I think and it will be 15 this year, 2 more to go.

Firstly you have to consider that my first 5 hair transplants and my last 4 have been small procedures and I live in Europe so travelling was also less. Back then it was much more expensive (up to 7 euros per graft) but it was 500 grafts a session or so, so it was quite affordable.

There were a couple that were quite expensive and I just sold my car, my belongings and did whatever I needed to get my hair back

These days I run a couple of businesses and could afford without stressing over it.

Overall I think I have spent about 100.000 USD for everything, all transplants, hotels, plane tickets, treatments in span of 12 years. That is 12 grand a year or 1.000 USD a month

It's still a lot of money but I would do it all again and wished I had more donor left to do more. It's been the best investment for sure

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2

Thank you brother

Well, it's 13 hair transplants I think and it will be 15 this year, 2 more to go.

Firstly you have to consider that my first 5 hair transplants and my last 4 have been small procedures and I live in Europe so travelling was also less. Back then it was much more expensive (up to 7 euros per graft) but it was 500 grafts a session or so, so it was quite affordable.

There were a couple that were quite expensive and I just sold my car, my belongings and did whatever I needed to get my hair back

These days I run a couple of businesses and could afford without stressing over it.

Overall I think I have spent about 100.000 USD for everything, all transplants, hotels, plane tickets, treatments in span of 12 years. That is 12 grand a year or 1.000 USD a month

It's still a lot of money but I would do it all again and wished I had more donor left to do more. It's been the best investment for sure

Super happy for you then! I sometimes do wonder what will happen to the average cost over the next 10 years so much competition and with turkey cornering the market.

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

So it's round 3 and FINAL of BHT with Dr Mwamba into the donor on 2 separate days. I am hoping or 600 BHT. That will total 2.100 BHT into the donor area.

I recently had some FUE and they managed to extract 1.250 grafts after a surgeon from the same clinic told me my donor was depleted and I could not have more surgery done 2 years ago.

I PROMISE I will create a separate thread for my recipient area and all my surgeries but I want to keep this thread about using BHT to restock donor areas overharvested from FUE has I know already of 4 guys that have had this done after reading this thread with great results and this is quite unique approach. I hope that is OK!

Anyways, I am sure SMP can do the job of hiding these scars but since I love having surgery (as you can tell) and have some BHT left let's do it.

I have a notorious red spot at the back of my head since birth so I would be cool to take some measurements, count the hairs there and re-count in 6 months to asses survival.

200 BHT MWAMBA.jpg

Edited by mustang
  • Like 3

On 12/24/2020 at 12:12 AM, Melvin-Moderator said:

@Melvin-Moderator Could you kindly help me edit the tittle of this thread so we can keep all the repair on this one.

FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT (now)

Not sure what the best way to phrase it is. Or maybe just change the tittle to 2.300 instead of 600

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, mustang said:

@Melvin-Moderator Could you kindly help me edit the tittle of this thread so we can keep all the repair on this one.

FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT (now)

Not sure what the best way to phrase it is. Or maybe just change the tittle to 2.300 instead of 600

I’ve changed it.

• Like 1

View my thread

13 hours ago, mustang said:

I recently had some FUE and they managed to extract 1.250 grafts after a surgeon from the same clinic told me my donor was depleted and I could not have more surgery done 2 years ago.

Thanks for your contributions @mustang. So interesting the variance from surgeons on what they feel could be extracted from the donor, let alone from the same clinic!

So glad your journey has inspired others to pursue the same restocking path.

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress and eventually your recipient area thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SLA said:

Thanks for your contributions @mustang. So interesting the variance from surgeons on what they feel could be extracted from the donor, let alone from the same clinic!

So glad your journey has inspired others to pursue the same restocking path.

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress and eventually your recipient area thread.

Thank you brother

It is really joyful to share all of this when people like you send positive messages. This community really is a nice place 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, mustang said:

Thank you brother

It is really joyful to share all of this when people like you send positive messages. This community really is a nice place 

I agree, man- It's all about supporting people on their journeys and yours has been quite a trek.

So it seems as if just perhaps that by doing homogenous depletion of donor and fit farming that you actually might be able to harvest more lifetime donor grafts with FUE rather that FUT or FUT + FUE.

@mustangI would assume that if you started with FUT that none of this might have been possible as you would have a strip scar that would no longer be able to be concealed.