My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

1 hour ago, Steeeve said:

Excellent documentation! I’ve never seen donor repaired in this manner on the forum but I’m glad your sharing your experience. Totally fascinating and it it’s already looking tremendous.

Also, suuuper jealous of your recipient. Lol

OP's recipient looks as though he's never suffered from hair loss in his life. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Me also - this thread has really changed my game plan. For me personally, I’d much rather have native scalp donor used to replenish my bald areas up top because I feel that aesthetically - you are replacing like for like. BHT has always been used as a ‘filler’ , so for me it makes more sense for my donor to be ‘filled’ and my recipient to take the brunt of the good hairs available. 

I think this makes even more sense if you keep your hair short around the back and sides.

I might bump a thread I started around this a few months ago and see if there are any more doctors who can input - because right now I’ve only came across Dr Mwamba who’s doing this, so would be great to see more feedback across the globe. 

With upto 3000 available BHT grafts under the neck, this could open up a huge amount of extra grafts available to use for people with more modest donors. 

I mentioned this to Dr. Konior and he said it was a good idea. I just haven’t seen it done. I agree, I keep my hair at #1 and at that length the hair is indistinguishable from scalp hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

To put things into perspective

2019 vs 2020

My goal was not only to achieve a homogeneous look but also be a candidate for a touch up surgery as I still need 700-1.000 grafts to finish zone 2 and my crown.

On year ago I as rejected by many surgeons as my donor was depleted and they could not help me further. Now I can have Surgery which is scheduled for the 3rd of March. I am not sure if 300 grafts will be able to be taken out or 800 (anything above 600 would make me happy) but at least we can do it. I also expect more growth in the donor in the next 3 months

We will only be extracting double grafts so we avoid taking out any BHT. I will do SMP on the donor after this final extraction.

IMG-6629.PNG

IMG-6630.PNG

• Like 1

Great result, thanks for posting. A lot of people will benefit from this.

Medication for Male Pattern Baldness: Topical Dutasteride - Topical Minoxidil 5% - Ketoconazole Shampoo

Medication for Cicatricial Alopecia: Hydroxychloroquine  - Topical Clobestasol - Doxycycline

Good on you mate, inspiring journey for many others. 

I have seen over the recent weeks other doctors condem this approach, however my gut instinct is that they're sticking to old trails of thought, and this is a new innovative approach that is in it's early stages of development, and will be a lot more commonly adopted by younger up and coming doctors, who are more open minded to being creative in the field. 

Your results and journey are testament to this. 

Edited by Curious25

• Administrators

@mustang

Where do you plan on transplanting hair? Looks like you’ve got the dream hair. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I have some gaps in zone 2 and crown where I would like to add more density.

Fit farming has been around for many years, since 2003, problem is most doctors don't want to do it. They are already fully booked in advance and can't be bothered to go through a tedious procedure of safely removing BHT (which to be honest only a few do well) and implanting on donor gaps.

I have seen a lot of FUT scars disappear completely with this method and now people are starting to do it for FUE depletion management.

It worked like a charm for me, might not work that well on others.

I think having an doctor that has a lot of experience operating on black people is a big advantage here as body hair is difficult to extract (curvy grafts) just like African hair. There is a specific punch technique to get them out without compression to avoid transection.

There is also new solutions to store the grafts in (10 years ago saline solution was the standard) with ATP and Accell and other preservatives that have drastically increased BHT's survival from 50-60% to 90-95% in the last couple of years.

I did a test patch of 50 BHT into a spot and about 46 grew.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 10:44 PM, Hairgain22 said:

Wow what a difference, your crown looks so dense. Did you have any work there?

On 11/13/2020 at 10:37 PM, mustang said:

2 months vs 4 months comparison

[url=https://ibb.co/VjRhT88][img]https://i.ibb.co/YRmKhGG/combine-images.jpg[/img][/url]

combine_images.jpg

Just wow!
Your post gave me hope that my butchered donor can be repaired

Following your progress thread. I hope your final results turn out to be awesome.

1 hour ago, tressful11 said:

Just wow!
Your post gave me hope that my butchered donor can be repaired

Following your progress thread. I hope your final results turn out to be awesome.

I'm going to do a simulation for you!

Hold on

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Despite having 300-400 more BHT left to add I think I will stop here and go for the SMP.

I hope my case has been useful 

Just as a reminder where I started before my 2 surgeries with Dr Mwamba to repair my donor

PRE-OP-CENTER.jpg

IMG-6629.PNG