My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

Dr Mwamba had quite a few (amazing) cases of FUT scar repairs with BHT, unfortunately there was a breaking in his Brussels clinic and they took  the hard drives and computers. He will never be able to post them so I really hope my case and David's help bring him back to the spotlight a little more. He is a world class surgeon and a pioneer in this field and probably the nicest and most patient Dr I have ever had surgery with.

My donor is improving weekly. I can feel many hairs coming out when I touch. I hope all the larger spots can be closed and then get SMP.

IMG-5488.jpg

IMG-5531.jpg

Edited by mustang

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Amazed by the amount of available grafts under the neckline - just short of 3000 in this case!?

I've had almost 2400 grafts taken from under my chin and I think I can get another 400 to 600 more.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 hours ago, BeHappy said:

I've had almost 2400 grafts taken from under my chin and I think I can get another 400 to 600 more.

Impressive ! Is that 2800-3000 extractions that will leave the area fully bald, or 2800-3000 that will leave the area depleted yet still with lower density coverage ? 

Would love to see some pics 

• Administrators

Looking good 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

10 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Wow, this is such impressive number. I’m hoping for similar numbers myself. Those of us lacking in scalp hair do seem to be blessed with great beards! 

5 minutes ago, Hairgain22 said:

Mate your hair is FREAKIN amazing. 9,000 grafts has gotta be a record. How many sessions have you had overall?

12 so far my friend and 3 more sessions to go. 300 grafts to the crown, 700 grafts to zone 2 and 3 and probably a last pass of 300-400 BHT into the donor area. After that some SMP my work will be completed.

I am very happy with my hair, this journey and everything in between. We all agree it's an obsession but one that gives me great joy every time I look in the mirror. I have enjoyed every surgery

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mustang said:

12 so far my friend and 3 more sessions to go. 300 grafts to the crown, 700 grafts to zone 2 and 3 and probably a last pass of 300-400 BHT into the donor area. After that some SMP my work will be completed.

I am very happy with my hair, this journey and everything in between. We all agree it's an obsession but one that gives me great joy every time I look in the mirror. I have enjoyed every surgery

WOW 12 sessions, you're definitely a record setter. The donor looks good to me man, I wouldn't say it looks off at all.

Just now, mustang said:

Very pleased indeed!

Still have a couple of more months to improve

I can't tell the BHT apart from the FUE 

Thank you sir

Josh

As I have said before it’s your case I’m most interested in since it’s BHT next for me. Your long term game plan is spot on. 

Not on the picture but yes, I did 750 grafts on the crown FUE with Dra Vila in Spain and previously I had done 500 grafts FUE/BHT

I am set for one last pass of about 300-400 grafts to the crown to achieve density of 40 grafts per square cm. More than enough.

All doubles and triples of course

Just got a hair cut. 4 months actually today.

I am happy but still hoping to see and improvement on the marked zone. 

I might add another 250-300 BHT to that area but I will wait for further improvements before doing so.

The left side is pretty much perfect.

IMG-6294.jpg

IMG-6294.jpg

• Administrators

Wow incredible man, thanks for sharing here, first case I can think of, that shows donor-restocking.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Are you tempted to follow this strategy Melvin?

It’s tempting, I’ve never seen it executed until now. Past a certain point though, you have to get small sessions, to make sure you don’t deplete the donor too much. I’d be happy with @mustang donor if I could get crown coverage.

• Like 1

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

It’s tempting, I’ve never seen it executed until now. Past a certain point though, you have to get small sessions, to make sure you don’t deplete the donor too much. I’d be happy with @mustang donor if I could get crown coverage.

Me also - this thread has really changed my game plan. For me personally, I’d much rather have native scalp donor used to replenish my bald areas up top because I feel that aesthetically - you are replacing like for like. BHT has always been used as a ‘filler’ , so for me it makes more sense for my donor to be ‘filled’ and my recipient to take the brunt of the good hairs available. 

I think this makes even more sense if you keep your hair short around the back and sides.

I might bump a thread I started around this a few months ago and see if there are any more doctors who can input - because right now I’ve only came across Dr Mwamba who’s doing this, so would be great to see more feedback across the globe. 

With upto 3000 available BHT grafts under the neck, this could open up a huge amount of extra grafts available to use for people with more modest donors. 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Excellent documentation! I’ve never seen donor repaired in this manner on the forum but I’m glad your sharing your experience. Totally fascinating and it it’s already looking tremendous.

Also, suuuper jealous of your recipient. Lol