My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

On 10/12/2020 at 5:26 AM, Curious25 said:

It’s coming on nicely . . If this is what it looks like at 3 months already, I think you should be in for a treat during the months to come. 

Are you still planning on creating a separate thread to document your whole journey? 

Yes I am

I have 2-3 more surgeries to go.

Once it's completed I will post my 15 year journey with probably 15 surgeries.

HLC: 1.850 Grafts

Couto: 1.200 grafts

Lupanzula: 1.000 grafts and 750 grafts

Vila: 750 grafts

Kesser: 600, 500 and 400 grafts

Feriduni: 650 grafts

Chueco: 500 grafts

Mwamba; 500, 600, 500 BHT and 1.000 BHT grafts

Total so far: 10.800 grafts (included de 2.000 BHT)

I am still hoping to get

500 grafts more to zone 2

500 grafts more to zone 4

250 BHT grafts more into my donor (if needed).

After that I will be doing SMP on my donor and probably recipient to throw away toppik and be bath on the ocean.

I can honestly say it's been the best time, money and investment I have ever done in my life.

I have super thick hair and provided the donor growths well there will be little signs that surgery ever happened.

9 minutes ago, mustang said:

Yes I am

I am still hoping to get

After that I will be doing SMP on my donor and probably recipient to throw away toppik and be bath on the ocean.

I can honestly say it's been the best time, money and investment I have ever done in my life.

I have super thick hair and provided the donor growths well there will be little signs that surgery ever happened.

Woah, is this for real? You been through all these surgeries? 

51 minutes ago, mustang said:

Yes I am

I am still hoping to get

Holy buckets! 😳 So who was your favorite doc of the bunch?

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, mustang said:

Hello!

I have done 800 BHT to my crown

500 BHT to my beard from my lower beard and 

1.100 BHT into my donor area as repair as well

Overall 2.000 BHT grafts have been used.

I still have another 300-400 I think to close any gaps if there are areas that don't grow well

We will have to wait another 6 months to assess. BHT cycle is much shorter than standard FUE grafts thus final results are seen sooner

Thanks! But I wanted to know how many BHT grafts from each source: beard/chest/arm/leg. I'm surprised you even tried arm and leg - I heard those have extremely low survival rates?

And so Mwamba did all of your BHT sessions? How did you end up deciding on him? Were there any other surgeons you were considering?

Another thing, I'm wondering around how many microns (or just thin/medium/thick) is your scalp hair vs the type of BHT you placed into your crown (and which type was that)?

I think about 1.300 from my beard, 300 from my arms and 300 from my legs. Only 100 from chest.

They have the same survival rates if treated with the same protocol, they just have less coverage value.

Mwamba did all my repairs, the 800 BHT to my crown was performed by HLC, this depleted my bear under my chin and Mwamba did a repair on that as well taking from other parts to restore my beard. It looks perfect now.

I don't know the microns, thicker ones were used higher on the donor and thinner ones on the lower portion. It's impossible to tell them apart in real life, I don't even think you can see on pictures.

• Like 1

Wow, you have quite the few big names in the industry notched onto your bed posts 😂

What were the reasons for shopping around, as opposed to sticking with just the one surgeon throughout your HT history? 

I’l look forward to your eventual thread anyway when you get round to posting it, I have a very similar feeling that my HT journey will follow suit with your own ... and ultimately aspire for a total homogenous scalp (within reason of having a higher allocation towards the front etc). 

Your hair on top looks like you’ve never lost a hair in your life, and the left hand side of your donor already looks really good BTW. 

keep up the good work! 

Thank you buddy

I will explain everything when I post my full journey but in summary I did many small surgeries as my alopecia was not stabilized. I spent many years without taking meds (probably all my 20's) and had some flares of psoriasis every now and then that would cause small batches of missing density. Once the scabs formed I would pill them off and hundreds of hairs would come out with them (imagine the anxiety) and they never grew back.

I was trying to fill up those holes yearly so I kept going back for 300-500 graft sessions, my first 5 surgeries were like that between 2007 and 2012. I am pretty sure doctors were fed up with me so I had to find another one.

It wasn't until 2015 when I had surgery with Couto that I managed to "cure" or get rid of my scalp psoriasis and stabilize my hair loss. He was the first one to do a larger surgery on me (1.200) grafts and from then on I was addicted to gaining density and growing back my hair which had been shaven since 2008. My dream was to come it again or let it grow but the density was too low.

Slowly I managed to add density each time and in 2017 I grew it for the first time. 

My frontal area was finished a few years ago and now I started fixing my crown and donor which has some work left to be done but I am extremely happy with the way my hair looks and having a perfect hair line (in my eyes). It's also very natural.

I would do it all again. I spent a lot of money and had to endure thousands of injections but it's all good. Hair was my biggest insecurity and now my friends joke daily on how great it looks and they all want to get it done!

7 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

Holy buckets! 😳 So who was your favorite doc of the bunch?

They are all super nice, they did a great job and I had good growth with all of them.

My favorite as a person (compassion, sense of humor and overall friendly) is Feriduni and Mwamba. Those 2 guys are amazing and such warm people. They perform surgeries for burned people for free and just have a good heart. Both based in Belgium although Mwamba has a new clinic in Atlanta as well. 

In terms of outcomes and graft growth I had good results with all of them. The nicest looking clinic is Feriduni's in Hasselt by far.

Honestly I would go to any of them but I would rather avoid going to Turkey. So HLC and Keser I would not be keen on repeating but the results were good. I just didn't feel welcomed and had a lot of pain during surgery, they are rough on the anesthesia. The Spanish and Belgians give you sedation and use a nerve distracting machine while injecting and take their time to numb you. With Mwamba you literally don't feel anything, it takes them 30 minutes or more and with Feriduni they give you an IV sedative that get's you high as f***!

I could talk about this all day but got work to do.

Thanks for your interest in my case, I really hope it's useful to some of you.

Edited by mustang
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mustang said:

They are all super nice, they did a great job and I had good growth with all of them.

My favorite as a person (compassion, sense of humor and overall friendly) is Feriduni and Mwamba. Those 2 guys are amazing and such warm people. They perform surgeries for burned people for free and just have a good heart. Both based in Belgium although Mwamba has a new clinic in Atlanta as well. 

In terms of outcomes and graft growth I had good results with all of them. The nicest looking clinic is Feriduni's in Hasselt by far.

Honestly I would go to any of them but I would rather avoid going to Turkey. So HLC and Keser I would not be keen on repeating but the results were good. I just didn't feel welcomed and had a lot of pain during surgery, they are rough on the anesthesia. The Spanish and Belgians give you sedation and use a nerve distracting machine while injecting and take their time to numb you. With Mwamba you literally don't feel anything, it takes them 30 minutes or more and with Feriduni they give you an IV sedative that get's you high as f***!

I could talk about this all day but got work to do.

Thanks for your interest in my case, I really hope it's useful to some of you.

Can you expand on not feeling welcomed? For me, healing in a foreign country is absolutely terrifying and a big blocker for me going overseas for this.

They did a professional job, very clean and they were always ready for you if you needed anything the day after the surgery was completed and hospitality is good as well.

Not feeling welcomed might be the wrong choice of words. They just aren't as friendly as doctors in Spain or Belgium. They are distant. They perform their work and that's that.

I would not go to Turkey for HT unless you are going to HLC, Erdogan or Keser. Only 3 names I would trust my scalp with.

The best place to have surgery in the world is Brussels and Spain. Amazing food, most experienced doctors and very friendly. Brussels is a little Paris with the best food I have ever had. Spain is where I live and has Couto, Lorenzo and Freitas which are probably the 3 best HT surgeons in the world.

This is exactly what I have been looking for.

i had my donor destroyed 1 year ago by cosmedica dr acar in Turkey. See pics. I’ve started the SMP process but realise it won’t give the desired effect. I wasn’t sure FIT farming was as successful as it has been for you. I will look into this now 👍🏾

a few questions...

- body hair can fall out over time as testosterone drops in men as they age. Won’t these grafts eventually fall out from your donor?

- nape hair also falls out over time as the back of the scalp recedes up. Again won’t these grafts also fall out from the donor? my dad who is in his 60’s has very little body hair or nape hair left, even though he was very hairy as a young man.

- how many body hair grafts approximately do you think I would need to bring my donor back to a presentable look?

Thanks so much for sharing mustang.

7FD9EBF0-F9A7-48C3-A857-195017DF6773.jpeg

9F762E75-625B-4E45-B4A3-A9FA16437B3F.jpeg

72C80A37-808D-4D17-9DAD-6380DD02B617.jpeg

Edited by Mr Sinister

43 minutes ago, Mr Sinister said:

This is exactly what I have been looking for.

i had my donor destroyed 1 year ago by cosmedica dr acar in Turkey. See pics. I’ve started the SMP process but realise it won’t give the desired effect. I wasn’t sure FIT farming was as successful as it has been for you. I will look into this now 👍🏾

a few questions...

- body hair can fall out over time as testosterone drops in men as they age. Won’t these grafts eventually fall out from your donor?

- nape hair also falls out over time as the back of the scalp recedes up. Again won’t these grafts also fall out from the donor?

my dad who is in his 60’s has very little body hair or nape hair left, even though he was very hairy as a young man.

Thanks so much for sharing mustang.

7FD9EBF0-F9A7-48C3-A857-195017DF6773.jpeg

9F762E75-625B-4E45-B4A3-A9FA16437B3F.jpeg

72C80A37-808D-4D17-9DAD-6380DD02B617.jpeg

I am sorry to hear about your donor. I can see you have thick beard thus I would assume you are a valid candidate for Fit Farming. I can blindly recommend Dr Mwamba for this. He does surgery in Atlanta as well if you don't want to travel to Europe...

Not if you use the grafts from your beard. Old men have beards. Plus I don't think it really matters, eventually even your donor will thin out as we age, by the time that happens you probably won't care about hair anymore.

- nape hair also falls out over time as the back of the scalp recedes up. Again won’t these grafts also fall out from the donor?

Same answer as above. They might do but so will your entire hair. I guess the best choice for this repair is beard grafts.

I really admire your HT journey and the clear passion you have for achieving the ‘perfect head of hair’, whether that exists or not! 

I can relate to your romance associated with the HT journeys Aswell, I have such fond memories when I look back at the first year post my HT, and can only compare the months 4-8 post surgery as being a child the night before Xmas, because slowly but surely your hair improves week by week, and the new lease of life it gives you is highly addictive, and something you want to hold on to and never let go. 

I’m inspired already by this thread never the less , and it has certainly confirmed to me what my overall strategy will be going forward . . Frequent small procedures over the years, as and when is needed suits me favourably on a number of levels, but mostly so because I will never allow myself to fall into a situation where I will appear bald or balding.  

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for posting this thread as many users, myself included, have interest in this topic.

Could we see a pic of how your beard donor area is looking now? Any noticeable scarring on your face/neck?

What's the benefit to using beard hair as opposed to chest hair, where the donor scarring would be completely covered by clothing?

7 hours ago, HTHope said:

Glad we cleared that up. Carry on 

Thanks to  like you some people never bother sharing their success stories on forums.

Balding has made you a bit of uh?

I'm really sorry for you

• Sad 1

• Administrators

Guys,

Everyone who posts here do from free will, posters owe you nothing. We should appreciate and applaud those who have the courage to share many do not. That said, I will not tolerate any swearing or insults. We are adults here, we can make our point without insults. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.