My FUE scars repair - FUE scar repair was 600 + 1.100 + 600 BHT - Dr Mwamba, Brussels

Hey Guys,

I hope you find this case interesting. There are not many cases like this on the internet and it will hopefully give you an insight on what can be achieved to restore depleted donor areas to either look normal or add density so more grafts can be extracted. This is called Fit Farming.

I have had over 10 small FUE surgeries over the past 14 years with over 9.000 extractions overall. My results have been wonderful but my donor has suffered some heavy battering. My goal was to achieve an homogenous look on my donor area by adding 500-600 grafts to the donor mixing nape and BHT grafts and also to be able to extended my donor capabilities.

Nape grafts have a low coverage value on the recipient area but is good enough to improve the gaps on the donor. BHT is quite thick so we performed a 50 graft test on the left ear which I am quite pleased about.

I have chosen Dr Mwamba as he has extensive FUE and BHT experience and I already had a good result on my frontal scalp with him. Surgery was 6 months ago in Brussels. I will update pictures accordingly.

Preop 3mm

donor-before-repair.jpg

Preop 2mm

Before-any-surgery-with-Mwamba.jpg

Area to repair

IMG-1993.jpg

Intraop 

IMG-2033.jpg

78549353-1489688357850272-40163994323281

78063562-730444357464191-442390109323945

4 months:

IMG-6825.png

• Like 1

I saw your post on hair loss talk and actually PM’d a couple guys the link who had awful looking scars to show them your result and an option other than SMP. Thanks for sharing it here. Mwamba  did a great job.

5 hours ago, hairlossPA said:

wow that is a very interesting case. really cool to see the approach and results.

do you plan on doing any more?

Yes, I have a second pass on the 20th of July. Hopefully another 500 from chest, beard and nape to finish the job but I am already happy as it looks normal 

I am only doing a second pass because I want to extract another 500 eventually for touch-ups and this would allow that 

27 minutes ago, Sam818 said:

I saw your post on hair loss talk and actually PM’d a couple guys the link who had awful looking scars to show them your result and an option other than SMP. Thanks for sharing it here. Mwamba  did a great job.

It works wonders but it is even better if you do both.

After my second pass I will certainly get SMP to finish it off!

Wow what a long road, over 10 surgeries?

You sure broke Joe Tillman's record!

I am happy you repaired you donor, BHT and beard is a great solution for that, I must say you Luckily, your donor after 10 FUE procedure of 9000 grafts looks decent before the repair, I know men that after doing FUE in the black market clinic, their donor looks wayyyyy more severe than yours after ONE procedure ONLY, three times is the top, I am happy for you buddy :)

Youn were NW6?

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

Very interesting case, I’d love to see your recipient area, and before/after pictures. 

Did you have above average Donor to achieve 9000 grafts from fue

Also, if you plan to have another procedure down the line, utilising scalp donor, will the doctor be able to distinguish between the nape/BHT grafts, to that of your native scalp Donor grafts? 

My donor is actually quite bad, after 2.500 grafts a few doctors told me it was depleted.

I just managed to do a homogenous depletion, you can take many more grafts this way as long as it's homogenous.

My recipient area is full of hair thankfully.

I will post my entire story soon, when it's finished. I still  have 2-3 more surgeries to go.

One repairing the donor and a last touch up on the recipient area.

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/3/2020 at 8:30 AM, Doron Harati said:

Wow what a long road, over 10 surgeries?

You sure broke Joe Tillman's record!

Haha. That's nowhere near a record. I'm pretty sure I have the world record by far. I wish I didn't though 😕

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

12 hours ago, BeHappy said:

Haha. That's nowhere near a record. I'm pretty sure I have the world record by far. I wish I didn't though 😕

Any links to see your surgeries?

Thanks!!!

I actually just counted them and I have done 12.

July 15th is my number 13th and it looks like it will be 15 of them.

Fingers crossed. I must admit I love it. The post-op, the results, spending time with doctors, it has always been a fascinating world to me.

The 80 grand spent maybe not so much fun but I'd pay twice as much to have hair.

• Moderators

looks great.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Looks more even now and definitely distinctly improved.  The fade does not look off now.  It seems to blend.  This is a great case to see as ive had similar concerns.  

• Moderators

Mustang,

Why did you opt for 10 small surgeries over 14 years? Was it because you could only spend small amounts of money at a time or was it because you didn't have a lot of loss at the start and continued to fill in areas as they thinned? I'm just curious.

Edited by BeHappy

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• 2 weeks later...

Just continue it on here, it will be good to see for comparison. Your donor did look quite depleted on your first pre op pic at 3mm . . so its really interesting to see the difference that is being made here with this approach. 

Please could you also post recipient area photos from your previous transplants - and a bit more of a backdrop on your HT history? 

Thanks and happy growing 

• Like 1