Qman

A line midway between existing and proposed would be better.  What you have drawn would be abnormally low and could look weird, or like a hairpiece if done badly.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Your hairs fantastic for 50 years old, and your current hairline suits you well. I wouldn’t touch a HT if I was in your shoes, however each to their own. 
As has been said, your proposed hairline is too low and straight, and 1500 grafts for that design wouldn’t be enough to match up with your native density, leaving you looking weird at the front. 
I would recommend following your current hairline shape, however lowering it slightly, and perhaps bringing the temple points out a bit - however these are notoriously very difficult to get right, so I would only trust a very few select doctors if you were to proceed with this course of action. 
Who is your procedure booked with, and what advice are you looking for if your surgery is already planned ? 

No idea who that is - have you seen many of his patient posted results ? 
Who else have you consulted with? 
You are in a very strong position because of your minimal hair loss and age, so it’d be a shame to mess it up by chasing perfection but with a poor surgeon. 
I’d recommend doing some more research on this site and consult with a few more top surgeons (probably outside of the UK). 

• Administrators

That is way to low IMO, it wouldn't look natural on a 50 year old man. I wouldn't lower it that much, I would bring the temples in slightly and leave a slight widows peak. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

IMO trying to get the hairline you had in your 20’s is a bad move. Hair restoration is not perfect, and you want it to look natural first and foremost.

Also, you can be a competent neurosurgeon, heart surgeon, or any other surgeon in the world, but if you don’t understand the basics of producing a natural and aesthetic hairline it’s for nothing. I’ve seen many highly skilled plastic surgeons completely botch a hair transplant.

Hair transplantation is complex, and requires it’s on separate field, it takes years of practicing only hair transplants to become proficient.

Something like this would look better IMO.

image.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I honestly wouldn’t do anything if I was in your position. Your hair is really good and for now totally age appropriate. 
No way would I risk what you have right now. As others have mentioned a hairline should be appropriate for our advancing age. 
If you do have a hairline correction then I certainly wouldn’t lower it much. 

1500 grafts in your newly proposed hairline (in grey) would give good density and would still look natural. Go for it. We certainly are our own worst critics. 
Is the clinic your speaking with recommended by this forum? 

Edited by JohnAC71

I would proceed with extreme caution, I see that your chosen Dr has only recently taken a interest in Hair Transplants.

I could not find any results from him. Have you also consulted with the recommended Drs on here? Reddy and Farjo? Or even Dr Ball? 

Hi

personally I would not go ahead and instead consult with the other Drs I mentioned. 

What Melvin was explaining is very true. It takes years to became a expert in this field. 
To go with someone who has only recently started showing a interest is risky. The others I mentioned have a proven track record. With hundreds of reviews and results  on this forum and elsewhere.

I ruled out the clinic you are choosing in the past as I got the hard sell, along with just about all the other Uk clinics.

Out of my 5 HTs I had the best results in Turkey. Please consider the other Drs I mentioned if you don’t want to travel. 

It takes a skilled Dr to deal with hairlines/temple points. I don’t believe yours has got any real experience yet. 

Being available in just 10 days time means alarm bells to me. Decent clinics have waiting lists. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

• Administrators

If you cant afford quality surgeons DO NOT get surgery! We’re talking about your hair here, not a TV. Definitely make sure you’re choosing a doctor based on legitimate reviews. 

There are some high quality surgeons that are still affordable, check out Eugenix, Dr. Bisanga in athens, and Dr. Maras in Cyorus. 

View my thread

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Qman said:

Thank you I will give them a look.  Dr. Ismail Ughratdar has been doing the hair procedures for 3 years.  Not real long but seems reviews are good and his work looks to be of good quality.  Definitely not fixed on price but I do have a budget like most of us and his price although not cheap was reasonable.  

Never heard of that doctor, and 3 years is not long at ALL. Most of our recommendations have 10+years of experience and hundreds of real reviews here.

View my thread