loss of hair 6 months after operation?

I've had an operation end of december of 2019, now 6 months after, I am losing what I think is a lot of hair all of a sudden...

My FUE went very well, was seeing great results 2 months after and in the first 4 months, I looked like I never lost a hair in my life except the crown area is still slow to grow. I was very happy. When I took my shower, there was almost no hair at all coming off.

For the past month though, when I take my shower, I have a lot of hair on my hands, is this part of the process? I knew I was going to lose some of them due to regeneration eventually, but I thought by month 6, it would be done, seems to me I'm losing a lot of hair... 

anybody else had that happen to them? I think I kept A LOT of the transplanted hairs without them falling off, is that the reason why? 6 months after, now they are falling off only to return later? thanks guys!

The same thing is happening to me too, after shampooing, combing them, I find so many in my comb. 😩 I did my procedure in October 2019

B2364F64-E25A-499F-AE9A-A5457E6DE6A9.jpeg

Edited by Egy

It’s normal to shed upto 100 hairs a day. Some days I don’t wash my hair or comb it, so I don’t physically see any shed hair, Others days when I wash and comb, I see a lot more. It’s six and two threes, and will average out. 

Yes, you are probably shedding your grafts as there is lots of new growth at 6 months post-op.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Shedding us completely normal. There is nothing to worry about. They will come back.

However, if you do have pre-existing hair on your scalp then Finasteride will help retain them if you are willing to take finasteride that is.

Other than that it is normal to lose 100 hair strands everyday. Please don't worry.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ