How are my grafts looking? Four-days post-op

I am four-days post-op from 2500 grafts in my crown and 650 grafts along my hairline via FUT. Today was my first shower where I lightly rubbed the grafts to start working on getting the crusts/scabs off per my doctor's instructions. Just curious how it looks so far. I didn't really notice anything come off in the shower, but I did notice one or two spots that looked bright red afterwards, you can see one of the spots in three of the four photos that I posted. How does it look overall? Anything to be concerned about? Thanks!

IMG_9116.JPG

IMG_9117.JPG

IMG_9118.JPG

IMG_9119.JPG

Four days is too early to start rubbing the grafts.  At this stage you should only be spraying or using a cup to rinse the grafts with luke warm water, and non medicated shampoo suds.  Check with the doc.

Everying looks normal to me but 0-7 days is the critical period for graft anchoring.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

All looks good.  I've pulled out a graft 6 days post-op before, so be careful.  I would just pour a cup of warm, sudsy water on your head for now.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Did you let the shower head hit your scalp? You shouldn’t be wetting your head in the shower at 4 days. You should be using a small bowl of water and baby shampoo to wash the top. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I haven't used the shower head yet. Even when I used my fingers, I was still pouring water with a cup and using baby shampoo. I think I'll play it safe and wait until day 7 unless I hear back from my doctor before then.