Finasteride Dosage - 0.5 mg every other day?

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone has experienced good results taking 0.5 mg of finasteride on MWF. 

Please let me know what you think! 

Previously KLHT

6 hours ago, KHT2 said:

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone has experienced good results taking 0.5 mg of finasteride on MWF. 

Please let me know what you think! 

Yes I did it for a while, while I still had 1mg propecia tablets.  I'm now using Proscar which is far cheaper but no real option to split lower than 1.25mg.

I had good results with both, although it is always unknown as to whether my loss has simply plateaued.

I seem to shed a lot of body hair which is said to be a side effect, but very little head hair.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

4 hours ago, 1978matt said:

Yes I did it for a while, while I still had 1mg propecia tablets.  I'm now using Proscar which is far cheaper but no real option to split lower than 1.25mg.

I had good results with both, although it is always unknown as to whether my loss has simply plateaued.

I seem to shed a lot of body hair which is said to be a side effect, but very little head hair.

Thanks! How long have you been on finasteride and have you experienced any side effects? I'm mainly concerned about establishing a family and having children while being on it, so any relevant experiences would really help! 

Previously KLHT

I had the same questions few years go. Took 1mg everyday and felt terrible. Stopped taking fin and obviously lost everything. Decided to not continue while trying for my first child. Afterwards went back on .25mg every other day, did that for a year and now I'm on .5mg everyday. Took fin when trying for my second and there was no issue.

I'd suggest doing .5mg every other day and then upping to everyday after 6 months if no sides to get the most out of the medication. All from my own personal experience.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I finally started Finasteride after 5 years of hesitation (and a lot of lost hair). I've been on 0.5 mg of Propecia every other day (MWF) for the past 2 weeks. 

Just today in the morning, I woke up and felt really dizzy. This went on for the next 2 hours and then everything subsided. It's the first time I've experienced this since I started. Should I be concerned? Anyone had a similar story? 

Previously KLHT

• 2 years later...