5 months after second Fue no growth kind of freaking out

Evening guys

As the title mentioned, i am almost at five months post-op my second hair transplant. I had over 2000 graft transplanted in the front to re-enforce my hairline. A reputable surgeon did the operation.

I've read on this forum that often the second surgery performed in an area that already has been worked on before can take longer due to the blood flow. Does anyone have personal experience?

All my grafts were grown after three months with my first surgery now I am at four months and three weeks with nothing. I am disappointed. I know it is kind of early still, but it seems like all successful transplants have their growth early. Anyone with success story being late bloomers?

Please help

Have you spoken to the doctor?  You should see something at 4.5 months.  I had 2 transplants, but they were 7 years apart.  How long did you wait between transplants?

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

7 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Have you spoken to the doctor?  You should see something at 4.5 months.  I had 2 transplants, but they were 7 years apart.  How long did you wait between transplants?

Hey Dazed i waited a year and a half. Yes I did. they told me to keep waiting. Did you had a successfull outcome with both of your transplant ? When did you notice most of the growth ?

• Moderators

You may have gotten some shock loss of the hair from the first HT that you may not have realized since you've been going through the ugly duckling phase. That can make it seem like you haven't had any growth at about this stage in the game because you still have some of the shock loss hair just starting to grow back. I'd wait another month or two and see.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 6/27/2020 at 9:14 PM, hairgod22 said:

Hey Dazed i waited a year and a half. Yes I did. they told me to keep waiting. Did you had a successfull outcome with both of your transplant ? When did you notice most of the growth ?

I wasn't one of the guys who counted hairs with a microscope every day.  I would say with the first it just seemed to be there at 4-5 months. I remember standing outside talking to a couple of guys, and one guy said I was lucky to still have my hair, and that shook me up.  Nobody knew I had a transplant.  I really  think the 2nd was about the same stage, 4-5 months.  I am very satisfied with my results.  If you let it the wait can drive you crazy.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

• Administrators

There’s no need to freak at 5 months, do you mind sharing some pictures?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.