3rd HT deciding on next surgeon. Who would you guys recommend?

On 8/2/2020 at 11:14 PM, rhstoned said:

I agree.  i felt my mid scalp was neglected.  That is why researching more for my 3rd doctor.  

Dr Wong so far only is suggesting FUT but 5000 grafts and i have heard no update yet what an FUE option would be with him.  Dr Konior's work looks amazing but i hear he charges $8.50 per graft....i would need to drop a lot considering the amount of grafts i need if i were to go to him. 

I heard about eugenix but thought i would go for BHT on my 4th procedure if needed.  I'll check them out too.  Would you consider Dr Ferreira a higher quality surgeon than dr. bansal though?

I've been in contact with Rolandas and been following his story.  He's the reason why i started consulting with Dr. Ferreira.  I wish more of his patients shared their results but also considering he works at Dr. Lorenzo's clinic also reflects his skill and talent.  Thank you for your suggestions.  

Since I saw Dr. Ferreira is* affiliated with Dr. Lorenzo's clinic, I thought that would give him an immediate credibility boost as I have been very impressed with Dr. Lorenzo's results. However, his website is truly barren and that is a bit concerning.

Well, I would look at it this way. A 2500 FUE procedure with Konior would be really expensive, but at least you would have the peace of mind you went with the elite and gave your self the best chance of an good result.

After the trauma your scalp has already been through, I would not go to a higher mega session than this. I think blood flow and graft survival would be risk factors for another transplant after already 3500 grafts. 

However, I am not a doctor, so express these concerns to one during a consultation and see what they think. Generally, I am more risk averse at the viability of mega session and prefer the more conservative approach of smaller procedures over 2 passes (with 2500 being the absolute limit).

More money can always be made, but once donor is gone, it's gone. 

Edited by asterix0

On 8/3/2020 at 5:40 AM, asterix0 said:

Since I saw Dr. Ferreira is not affiliated with Dr. Lorenzo's clinic, I thought that would give him an immediate credibility boost as I have been very impressed with Dr. Lorenzo's results. However, his website is truly barren and that is a bit concerning.

Well, I would look at it this way. A 2500 FUE procedure with Konior would be really expensive, but at least you would have the peace of mind you went with the elite and gave your self the best chance of an good result.

After the trauma your scalp has already been through, I would not go to a higher mega session than this. I think blood flow and graft survival would be risk factors for another transplant after already 3500 grafts. 

However, I am not a doctor, so express these concerns to one during a consultation and see what they think. Generally, I am more risk averse at the viability of mega session and prefer the more conservative approach of smaller procedures over 2 passes (with 2500 being the absolute limit).

More money can always be made, but once donor is gone, it's gone. 

@asterix0 Dr Ferreira is still on Dr Lorenzo's website.  Thats the only reason why i'm considering him as he works at his clinic.  

http://injertocapilar.com/dr-bruno-ferreria/?lang=en

Thank you for the suggestion of the 2 smaller procedures versus 1 mega session.  This was recommended to me also by Ferreira.   I'm also weighing the option of going with 2000 scalp grafts and 2000 BHT with Pekiner and HLC as it would spare some grafts on my scalp if needed later on.    

I also reached out to de freitas, waiting for a response as i know it can take a while to hear from them..

I couldn't agree more your last statement that.  I reached out to Konior as well to see what are my options with them.  

On 8/3/2020 at 1:30 AM, Gatsby said:

I would definitely consider looking at Eugenix and the results that they have churned out. All the best!

@Gatsby Thanks! do you know anyone on here i can follow up on their experience with eugenix? I'm willing to go anywhere to get this next HT done but i've been hesitant on India. Turkey alone with a bit iffy for me but i know there are "some" really good doctors there if you do the research. 

7 hours ago, rhstoned said:

@asterix0 Dr Ferreira is still on Dr Lorenzo's website.  Thats the only reason why i'm considering him as he works at his clinic.  

http://injertocapilar.com/dr-bruno-ferreria/?lang=en

Thank you for the suggestion of the 2 smaller procedures versus 1 mega session.  This was recommended to me also by Ferreira.   I'm also weighing the option of going with 2000 scalp grafts and 2000 BHT with Pekiner and HLC as it would spare some grafts on my scalp if needed later on.    

I also reached out to de freitas, waiting for a response as i know it can take a while to hear from them..

I couldn't agree more your last statement that.  I reached out to Konior as well to see what are my options with them.  

Right, I meant to say is affiliated, sorry! Responding at 7 am and the mind is still a bit sluggish 😄

• 2 weeks later...

You need a mega session, and I also see a few 2 hair grafts in the hairline.  I'd be going to H&W if I were in your shoes.  FUE would be a mistake imo.  

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

1 hour ago, rhstoned said:

@asterix0 got it haha :)

What do you think of Dr Bisanga for my case?  He suggested 3600 grafts for me (2500-2800 scalp and remaining from beard). I'm seeing a lot of high nor results of his that look good.  

Dr. Bisanga's assessment is probably correct. I think he is good, but haven't quite seem home run results where he does a lot with limited grafts.

For your case, I would look at Dr. Wong or Eugenix and see what their recommendations are. Also, consider for sure if you want to go through with another procedure, and maybe try buzzing your hair. At least you have a solid hairline to frame your face now, you can maybe pull of the Zidane look, where he still has his hairline, so the shaved look can be pretty cool in such a case.

1 hour ago, asterix0 said:

Dr. Bisanga's assessment is probably correct. I think he is good, but haven't quite seem home run results where he does a lot with limited grafts.

For your case, I would look at Dr. Wong or Eugenix and see what their recommendations are. Also, consider for sure if you want to go through with another procedure, and maybe try buzzing your hair. At least you have a solid hairline to frame your face now, you can maybe pull of the Zidane look, where he still has his hairline, so the shaved look can be pretty cool in such a case.

Really?  He's been around for so long i thought he would.  He seems to have a lot of great results shared on this forum but i can't find much of BHT results of his.  

dr wong advised fut 5000 but i dont have enough laxity.  He said i should do scalp exercises for a few months to see but i really don't want another FUT strip scar.  

Dr Konior also advised that i would need between 2000-3000 grafts and that he would only do 2200 in a single FUE session.  He said "  FUE harvesting needs to be performed if you are not willing to have another scar or if your exam reveals insufficient elasticity for a third procedure."  I do not want another scar or widen it.

I have not gotten a response from eugenix yet.   

I thought about that option too if i should even go with another procedure..doing the buzz cut was an option but i was always concerned with my linear scar.  I guess SMP could be an option to address that.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2020 at 4:11 PM, aaron1234 said:

You need a mega session, and I also see a few 2 hair grafts in the hairline.  I'd be going to H&W if I were in your shoes.  FUE would be a mistake imo.  

I consulted with HW but said I needed 5000 grafts fut but I don’t have enough laxity.  I consulted recently with konior and bisanga. Both told me I needed FUE but can only harvest 2200-2400 grafts and do 800 grafts BHT. I’m very impressed with both doctors and Bisanga is coming to US in late October.  Konior thinks he can make significant density boost with 2000 grafts.  Why would you think FUE be a mistake for me? 

Good for you for consulting with top surgeons!  I would do FUT because you have such an advanced pattern you are going to need as many grafts possible.  Maxing out on strip, then going to FUE is the best way to access the most amount of grafts.  If your laxity can't net you 5,000 grafts via strip that is understandable, but even if it can yield 2-3,000 grafts it's worth doing one more round with FUT.  I know Dr. Konior can make a huge difference with 2000 grafts with FUE because he can select the most robust grafts.  Still, if it were me - I'd have him do one more strip surgery if your laxity allows for it, then FUE.  Your call in the end.

Edited by aaron1234

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

53 minutes ago, aaron1234 said:

Good for you for consulting with top surgeons!  I would do FUT because you have such an advanced pattern you are going to need as many grafts possible.  Maxing out on strip, then going to FUE is the best way to access the most amount of grafts.  If your laxity can't net you 5,000 grafts via strip that is understandable, but even if it can yield 2-3,000 grafts it's worth doing one more round with FUT.  I know Dr. Konior can make a huge difference with 2000 grafts with FUE because he can select the most robust grafts.  Still, if it were me - I'd have him do one more strip surgery if your laxity allows for it, then FUE.  Your call in the end.

Thank you for the feedback. I would consider FUT again but the cons of having a tight scalp and even konior said I would have another linear scar adjacent to the one I already have. If I didn’t do my last FUE with mohebi I would’ve jumped on another FUT already.  I would reconsider if he sees my donor in person and thinks I have enough laxity and the scar wouldn’t get wider.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

Given the real estate you need FUT seems the obvious choice, but if you dont have the laxity then FUE is your real only option (that is if you werent considering shaving your head and getting some SMP to hide the FUT scar to see if you could live with it). You could also consider FUT+FUE combo if such clinics were willing to consider it.

Graft for graft I hold Konior as the absolute best at getting the most coverage and providing the fullest illusion of density there is. If i were down to my last 2000 grafts needing the coverage you needed he would be your best best.

Should be noted though for only 2000 grafts you might have to compromise and only look at coverage for the midscalp (and not much of the crown)

I’m actually considering SMP for my scar. I saw examples on here that look great. I think it was @Gatsby.  I feel like FUE is the way to go for me now considering both konior and bisanga that do both techniques are suggesting FUE with BHT.   

it’s just konior is booked rest of year and is double the price of bisanga.  Would you think konior is that much better than bisanga that he’s worth the double the cost? 

Thank you for note. Im hoping the combined 3400 scalp and beard grafts would help give me coverage in both mid scalp and crown  

• Valued Contributor
On 8/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, rhstoned said:

@Gatsby Thanks! do you know anyone on here i can follow up on their experience with eugenix? I'm willing to go anywhere to get this next HT done but i've been hesitant on India. Turkey alone with a bit iffy for me but i know there are "some" really good doctors there if you do the research. 

@rhstoned yes. Quite a few here have had surgery with Eugenix. zoomster and several others here have. I'm sure other prople can chime in with names they can remember. Wishing you all the best!

On 6/28/2020 at 1:23 AM, rhstoned said:

1st time posting here.  i've been losing hair since i was 20, did my 1st HT FUT in 2013 for 1500 grafts, then 2nd FUE HT with a well known surgeon in Beverly hills for 2000 grafts in Dec 2018.  its been around 18 months since i had that 2nd procedure and id say i'm about 60% satisfied with the front.  I was told by that Dr. that i would need a 3rd procedure to fill the mid and crown which i planned to do.  However after seeing the results with this doctor, i'm not prepared to spend a ton of money for another 2000 grafts as he suggested that won't achieve my goals.  There appear to be areas like my right side hairline that are see through and right in the middle front where i feel like he didn't put any grafts or nothing grew.  After consulting with a few doctors, i was told i am a repair case.  I do want to note, i was advised to take FIN and i did not as i was scared of the sides and i did continue to lose more hair in the mid/crown.  I plan on starting FIN 1 mg a day or every other day. when i do my 3rd HT after talking to numerous people and doctors.  

I started looking at doctors in Turkey (Pekiner, HLC, Demirsoy, ASMED, Hair transplant of Istanbul,  then India (bhatti, Suneet Soni) and i also reached out to Couto, Lorenzo, Ferreira of Spain/Portugal.  Dr. Couto is unfortunately not accepting any consultations at the moment. I found some decent results on some Brazilian doctors, has anyone on hear have good experience with them?  I recently saw Thiago BIanco Leal and they look solid too.  

Turkish clinic i short listed was Pekiner who advised me 4000 grafts (2000 from BHT).  I wasn't expecting to take that many grafts from beard/chest at least in my 3rd HT. i know that yields on BHT is lower than scalp.

For India, Soni said i would also need 4000 grafts but max 2500 via FUE and 1500 grafts with FUT.  This was the first time i was introduced by a doctor of combining FUT+FUE.  I'm not looking to have a 2nd linear scar. Bhatti said i only have 2200-2500 grafts available and thats all i need for the crown. 

Dr. Ferreira's clinic gave me a detailed assessment/plan and Dr. Ferreira personally emailed me saying i would need 4000 grafts to fill my mid/crown and do another procedure 5 months from then to repair donor scar and touch up hairline as its a bit see through.  He mentioned my donor looks good for 4000 grafts, my previous doctor also mentioned that after my 2nd HT.  

2212.thumb.jpg.84fb8e4950b723f5d466c8a4f3209dd8.jpg

4B89E902-F20D-4594-8265-BB3BB2B0CACF.thumb.jpg.344e61fa79d7e9da26c107882fcc6269.jpg

IMG_7561.jpg.2a7909fc4ff76224775145c292614898.jpgIMG_7557.jpg.3563cd59e3c0f977b84e6a86d6de7251.jpg

IMG_7465.jpg.dcfbb4656ce7760cd301dc8bb62dd0de.jpg

You should have taken Finasteride from earlier on. It would've prevented any further progression of baldness. You can start using topical finasteride if you are not okay using the pill.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

On 8/30/2020 at 6:22 PM, Gabreille Nelson Mukhia said:

You should have taken Finasteride from earlier on. It would've prevented any further progression of baldness. You can start using topical finasteride if you are not okay using the pill.

I was always hesitant on the sides and still am to be quite honest.  Dr Bisanga recently informed me that there is a topical option, i may be considering. I just dont know how many people have had success with it.  Just started taking minoxidil. 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:19 AM, rhstoned said:

I was always hesitant on the sides and still am to be quite honest.  Dr Bisanga recently informed me that there is a topical option, i may be considering. I just dont know how many people have had success with it.  Just started taking minoxidil. 

The pills are obviously more effective than the lotion. But the topucal form has also got good reviews from amny doctors and patients. You can start using it and evaluate its effects on your hair. I am sure it will be helpful.

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

@Vpac Konior is booked out until July he informed me. I’m hoping he gets a cancelation but would like to do this year while in quarantine. Nadimi is also booked until feb.   I’m considering bisanga as I’m looking to use some beard grafts and want someone with experience and results with beard grafts and crown work. He’s having consultation in US and may even have surgery in US.  I really like dr Ferreira but It’s too bad there aren’t a lot of results of his online and don’t know if he’d be the right dr for BHT. 

Edited by rhstoned