Saw Palmetto , effect and side effect

Because Saw Palmetto does exactly same thing like Propecia it's safe to assume side effects should be the same. People overall report less side effects with it as it's not as strong as finasteride.

• Like 1

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Interesting...have not heard of anyone having adverse side effects from saw palmetto.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Google Serenoa Rapens to see studies etc. It's the other name for Saw Palmetto.

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

Given that Saw Palmetto is a natural supplement, it's unlikely that any side effects experienced with it would be comparable to the side effects of Finasteride. I'm sure sides are possible (as with anything we ingest), but I imagine it's much safer than Finasteride in terms of adverse side effects... That said, it's also unlikely that you'll find extensive research supporting the positive effects of Saw Palmetto in regards to hair loss, so it's a double edged sword in that way. I'm someone who tends to lean more towards the side of natural supplements as opposed to medication, but I also believe medication has a place and can do things that natural supplements won't do. It all comes down to what your goals are, what you're comfortable with, and what your expectations are. (I've personally stopped taking both of them.)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

In most cases chemical based medications are going to manifest more side-effects than natural supplements...that being said, some medications such as finasteride have a much better efficiency for treating MPB.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY