Hair Lightening Products after hair transplant

Hello,

I had nice blonde hair before my hair transplant. I've been taking finasteride and minoxidil for over a year each and neither have darkened my blonde hair, however after the transplant my blonde hairs did not grow in blonde again. 

I understand that my donor hairs may be darker in color than the recipient hairs, but none of it has lightened with time.

How soon after a hair transplant is it safe to try non corrosive lightening products? I am looking at this lightening spray in particular:
https://www.amazon.com/John-Frieda-Lightening-Controlled-Chamomile-BlondMend/dp/B004DK7DVC

I am not interested in using a real hair dye, so I am hopeful that there are other ways to get my hair lighter/blonder again.

• Administrators

I would wait 12 months. That said, you can simply go out in the sun and your hair should turn lighter naturally.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.