Can I expect new hair growth past 8/9 months following FUE?..

Thanks Aaron, yeh I must say I’m very pleased with the condition of the donor site.

Just not entirely sure how much more it could provide, the result of this procedure is very important as to what options I’m going to be left with going forward...

I’m thinking of getting a USB microscope, I remember seeing another guy using one before to monitor his HT, does anyone know any fairly cheap ones that are good enough to use?

• Administrators

Wow I’m super impressed with your donor, it looks untouched. Overall, I’d be very happy if I were you. Donor doesn’t look depleted at all.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I think many of us tend to place more emphasis on density than hair caliber (degree of coarseness).

Many docs feel it is the degree of coarseness to the hair shafts that accomplish the degree of visual coverage....like Gabrielle stated, it was the 14th month that seemed to make a significant difference in visual coverage.

The same thing happened to me after my 3rd procedure...even after 12 months I could still see some small areas of scalp as I have a wide contrast.

But after 14, 15 months post-op....BAM!....no more visible scalp, more hair volume, more coverage!

My doc explained that it was full caliber maturation that occurred after 12 months and how important that was a factor in gaining a higher degree of visual coverage.

The higher degree of coarseness (hair shaft diameter), the higher degree of visual coverage.

• Like 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks guys for the words of encouragement, of course I’m definitely going to be keeping my fingers crossed for more sprouting of any new hairs, but it’s good to hear about other real factors that do contribute.
Possibly a daft question here but are there any simple ways to tell between a new hair that has yet to thicken, and an old native hair that has shrunken or miniaturized?

On 6/25/2020 at 6:59 AM, Lukey13 said:

Thanks very much for the encouraging words Nelson, just watching a couple of your videos now.

You really have had a fantastic result, I would never be able to tell you had a transplant... The density and volume is amazing, I would be honestly be happy with even half of the hair you have now!

Thanks very much for the encouragement, it's so worrying when you don't have heavy donor reserves in the bank!

Don't worry sir. I am sure that you will have a good density in the coming months. Look forward to your full growth and best wishes from my side.

• Like 1

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ