FUT tomorrow -- anything I should expect?

I'll be undergoing FUT tomorrow to address my crown and hopefully fill in my hairline a bit. I've done a pretty thorough read through of all the materials posted on various physicians' websites. I'm just wondering if there's anything that I should expect or that would be useful to know that isn't always obvious or explained beforehand. Thanks!

I found FUT to be easier than FUE.  They will probably give you something to relax you.  If you can fall asleep - DO IT.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More

Expect a stiff neck! 😆 And you'll be careful turning your head from side to side...  Don't worry, it'll go away.  Good luck tomorrow!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• Administrators

Make sure you have a good breakfast, most people go in to their surgeries without eating, and don't realize you wont eat until late in the afternoon. Definitely best to eat something before you have surgery, even if it is early in the morning.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I couldn’t sleep the night before. Partly it’s because it’s not my own bed...also the anticipation.. one thing I regret not doing was shave my head....but I simply didn’t know what to expect. You figured you pay about $20k at least give me a good shave other than just shave the middle.. I think clinics should employ a full time barber. I mean barber not a stylist because all they do is shave . Good luck 

Definitely the needles . I had over 80 needles , at least it felt that way. And I’m the guy that’s afraid of getting a flu shot, so it tells you how much I wanted hair

Edited by Cahustler
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lopress65 said:

Thanks for the replies, I read them all before my procedure. I got just over 3100 grafts. I don't know what was worse, the needles or the sound of the donor strip being removed.

I don't really remember the shots for FUT, but the shots for FUE were horrible.

"Imagination frames events unknown in wild fantastic shapes of hideous ruin, and what it fears, creates." Hannah More