Newbie here that needs advice

Hey guys, i am considering a hair transplant. What are the best options out there right now? And which Surgeons do you recommend? Is it true that most people will need a 2nd procedure because of shock loss? I Live in PA, so any surgeons near here would be greatly appreciated! 

Check out the recommended Physicians on this forum, if you want you can narrow down your search to a specific area.

However it’s best not to base your choice by the area you live. It’s all about finding a Dr which will best suit your needs and is providing excellent results.

Get a few consultations with a good Dr and then you can make a informed choice.

Basically research as much as possible. As you can see there are both patient and clinics posting results on the forum. 

If you want you can post pics here too of your current situation. And yes shock loss can occur but it’s not a reason to get another HT. Shock loss in a donor area will most likely grow back. If a Ht was to cause shock loss permanently around your transplanted hair then yes that’s a different issue.

• Administrators

Here is our list of recommendations. All of our recommendations are put through a public approval process, which allows the community to vote them in, but remember lists are just a starting point of research. 

I suggest looking at real patient reviews, and once you’ve narrowed down some doctors, send them online consultations through the link below.

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.