Scalp tightness?

Have pretty tight scalp after 2nd FUT.  Had nominal laxity B4 surgery.  Had narrow  12 inch strip taken out.  Of course scalp is very tight now with excision and some minor post op swelling.

Q:  Will scalp stretch back out and how long will this take.  I had a hard time raising eye brows after surgery.  Just don't want to be like face lift.  Comments...

thanks...

Yes laxity will return but you need to be careful in the first few months in what you do while the scar will not have full tensile strength, so usually a clinic will say be careful for the first few months in strenuous activity, but the sensation of tightness will pass. The position of the scar and other factors also come into to play in regards to how and if it will stretch. Take care. 

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

After 7 procedures I can tell you - laxity will return. When did you have the procedure done?  Tightness is always felt right the day after since the sutures are in.  This feeling kind of goes away after the stitches are removed. With time things laxity improves.  But this is a bit more serious, specially at the beginning.

For a year... please, avoid any exercises involving the neck area.This will result in wider scars. Push-ups, if need be, are great and will not put pressure on the area.  Do leg presses, etc.

How did the first scar heal? Was the scar excised during the 2nd? Or was it an extension of the first? How do you typically heal? Wound physiology is mostly at play.

Can you post some photos? 

First scar was about 7 inches long and healed well.  It was about 1/8 inch wide.  Dr.  took out more grafts than I expected this time and left 31cm scar, basically ear to ear.  I have a tight scalp and he said that may actually reduce the chance of a wide scar.  Hope for best.  Tension has subsided somewhat.  It was actually was painful to raise eyebrows but that is gone on day 4.

I take lots of supplements, like, lysine, biotin, msm  vit C ect supposed to help build collagen.  Getting stitches out this Thursday.  Cant wait....  I can post photos if you like.

My first procedure turned out sparse and uneven.  I found out the hard way there is one thing worse than going bald.  Thats paying tons of money for a procedure and getting a crappy result.  I could have spend 5  months touring Europe on the money I spent on my first crap FUT....    Hope 2nd time is much better.

20 hours ago, O Hare 57 said:

First scar was about 7 inches long and healed well.  It was about 1/8 inch wide.  Dr.  took out more grafts than I expected this time and left 31cm scar, basically ear to ear.  I have a tight scalp and he said that may actually reduce the chance of a wide scar.  Hope for best.  Tension has subsided somewhat.  It was actually was painful to raise eyebrows but that is gone on day 4.

I take lots of supplements, like, lysine, biotin, msm  vit C ect supposed to help build collagen.  Getting stitches out this Thursday.  Cant wait....  I can post photos if you like.

.  I found out the hard way there is one thing worse than going bald.  Thats paying tons of money for a procedure and getting a crappy result.  I could have spend 5  months touring Europe on the money I spent on my first crap FUT....    Hope 2nd time is much better.

As I read this particular post it reminds me of how complicated and involved this procedure truly is.  It all starts with the initial consultation.  "My first procedure turned out sparse and uneven." This tells me the doctor placed a small number of grafts in a large area. When everything grows in the result are very sparse.  This means you'll never go completely bald, but it would leave a very unnatural look.  Best is to concentrate grafts in one area so they make an impact. Hopefully he did not make the same mistake on the 2nd. Start taking photos and go to your scheduled visits.  Give this a full year and then have a conversation with the doctor if need be.

Thanks for bringing this up. It's an interesting consequence of FUT that I don't hear mentioned often/I haven't given much thought to.

Do you notice any "face lift" effect after your procedure? Also wondering if FUT can change the positioning of the center of your whorl on your vertex.