Dr. Reddy 1000/1200 grafts FUE hairline - 29y/o

timcfc

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, timcfc said:

Dr Raghu Reddy in London

His work is great, happy growing.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 weeks later...

4-5 Weeks

All good at this point, no issues to report and had first haircut at the barbers after the 4 week point. The guy I see in London cuts a lot of transplant patients and he said he wouldn't have realised from the donor area had I not told him where to look. He said the donor management is fantastic compared to a lot which he sees. Very reassuring after only a month :) No major shedding either after 5 weeks which I found surprising. Just the odd 2-3 hairs which I notice every few showers. It'll probably all fall out tomorrow now I say that 😁

image.thumb.png.298b5dc29bfcce488a81ad440753929b.png

image.thumb.png.a858616d58749535a363aca438c471be.png

image.png.dc2e784b92f8560f773bd6c03d037155.png

image.png.16e2449fbfe427cb36e44ccc022fc106.png

image.png.37d35bd6ab12acb21ea3645741477f2a.png

Edited by timcfc

9 minutes ago, transplantedphil said:

I agree with your barber; donor looks fantastic at this point. Looks like you got good growth as well (and havent shed yet)

After seeing so many horror stories with guys pursuing surgery with a similar (neglibile) amount of loss as yours Im incredibly relieved at your current situation :)

Thanks @transplantedphil :) 

• 4 weeks later...

2 Months

Not really anything significant to add. No additional shedding since week 4/5. Long way off still but I'm feeling good about the progress to come. The surgery feels ages ago now and most days I forget I even had it. Took some better pics of the donor area which I'm really happy with. I've restarted Minoxidil on the crown but a little hesitant about using it on the recipient area. I want to let things play out naturally for a while before resuming it there. (Restarted fin immediately after surgery)

image.thumb.png.24a5302b2619ce81770d9245773c267a.png

image.thumb.png.b5262dbd8951733a57b8faca97dca895.png

image.thumb.png.0873244581e6d5e0f56765d4e260eb7c.png

image.thumb.png.2faaaec9bf1d851269d9796065613e41.png

image.thumb.png.b8f8289b9c688b481cf908342368ce4d.png

Edited by timcfc

4 hours ago, vechain42 said:

Looking good!

Question - At what point are you able to wear hair products in your native hair? For instance, can you use hairspray on your native hair to cover up the recipient area?

I used just Baby Shampoo for the first month, no other cleaning or styling products. Styling products after about 7 weeks. It felt fine and had no issues.

Depends how long your native hair is I guess? Might be a bit difficult given the placement of where grafts are taken. If you look at my earlier photos though, it was barely noticeable after a week.

Edited by timcfc

How much was 1,000 grafts with Dr Reddy, if you don't mind me asking?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

3 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

How much was 1,000 grafts with Dr Reddy, if you don't mind me asking?

There's several threads on this forum discussing his pricing structure. I purposefully kept price/cost out of this thread :)

Reminds me of another hairline thread on here - doesn't look like much, if any shedding has taken place - I expect you to be able style your hair how I presume you originally wanted to before undergoing surgery over the next 2 months! 

Congrats 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

You're a mutant with Wolverine's healing powers. Your donor looks virgin and that is the reason why one would pay extra for FUE vs. FUT. The new non-aggressive hairline is ridiculously natural and dense. I bet people you've known all your life that haven't seen you in 3 months wouldn't even know you've had anything done.

You got us all wondering what your food/vitamin/topical treatment regimen is that allowed you to get such fast growth in such a short time. Awesome results man. Congrats!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

You're a mutant with Wolverine's healing powers. Your donor looks virgin and that is the reason why one would pay extra for FUE vs. FUT. The new non-aggressive hairline is ridiculously natural and dense. I bet people you've known all your life that haven't seen you in 3 months wouldn't even know you've had anything done.

You got us all wondering what your food/vitamin/topical treatment regimen is that allowed you to get such fast growth in such a short time. Awesome results man. Congrats!

Funnily enough not a single person other than the doctors and this forum know about the procedure. I suppose the unshaven option, choice of surgeon, and UK lockdown was the perfect combination. Even my parents & siblings were (and still are) unaware and I saw them 4-5 weeks post surgery.

I have been very lucky with minimal shedding so I am guessing that has fast forwarded my perceived results by a few months. There's nothing out of the ordinary in regards to my regimen. For MPB, I use a Ketoconazole shampoo weekly, 0.5mg Finasteride daily, Minoxidil on the crown twice daily.

Edited by timcfc
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, timcfc said:

Funnily enough not a single person other than the doctors and this forum know about the procedure. I suppose the unshaven option, choice of surgeon, and UK lockdown was the perfect combination. Even my parents & siblings were (and still are) unaware and I saw them 4-5 weeks post surgery.

I have been very lucky with minimal shedding so I am guessing that has fast forwarded my perceived results by a few months. There's nothing out of the ordinary in regards to my regimen. For MPB, I use a Ketoconazole shampoo weekly, 0.5mg Finasteride daily, Minoxidil on the crown twice daily.

Don’t worry we will keep quiet about it 😂

• Like 2

Your hairline is utterly ridiculous. Looks more like you've aged in reverse rather than had a HT. Every single one of the incisions were made to count.

Every1Counted.jpg.a026adce3428fb9cb117f0e36fea21d5.jpg

One of my cousins got a boob job. I remember that holiday dinner was awkward. We all wanted to ask if she did. But that would mean admitting to staring at a family member's breast. And so what a testimony that is @timcfc. The goal of FUE is less visible scarring. The goal of transplanted grafts is, first and foremost, naturalness. That your own family didn't look at you with bewildered amusement is just profound! HT of the month/year/less than a year-old decade landslide/unanimous winner!

How long was the procedure? Just wondering how much effort goes into such work. How long did Reddy take on the excisions. How long did he take making the graft incisions?

• Like 1

It looks like we have a rare non-shedder here lol. You don't see it often but there's a few cases I've seen. The work looks great man. Congratulations. Maybe take a few with the he light source coming from in front of you. This will help show how good the work truly is. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

22 hours ago, jimcraig152 said:

Your hairline is utterly ridiculous. Looks more like you've aged in reverse rather than had a HT. Every single one of the incisions were made to count.

Every1Counted.jpg.a026adce3428fb9cb117f0e36fea21d5.jpg

One of my cousins got a boob job. I remember that holiday dinner was awkward. We all wanted to ask if she did. But that would mean admitting to staring at a family member's tits. And so what a testimony that is @timcfc. The goal of FUE is less visible scarring. The goal of transplanted grafts is, first and foremost, naturalness. That your own family didn't look at you with bewildered amusement is just fucken profound! HT of the month/year/less than a year-old decade landslide/unanimous winner!

How long was the procedure? Just wondering how much effort goes into such work. How long did Reddy take on the excisions. How long did he take making the graft incisions?

Loving this reaction and from everyone else 😀

A massive part of people not knowing is down to my hairstyle and that I have hidden my forehead since my teenage years with a fringe. It's why I opted for non-shaven over shaven as I was able to disguise the recipient area after only a couple of days. With the power of hindsight, had I known I'd be a non-shedder and I'd be stuck in lockdown for months, shaven would have been fine too 😆

16 hours ago, BDK081522 said:

It looks like we have a rare non-shedder here lol. You don't see it often but there's a few cases I've seen. The work looks great man. Congratulations. Maybe take a few with the he light source coming from in front of you. This will help show how good the work truly is. 

Yeah lighting isn't great in a lot of the pics. I'll get some sharper ones

24 minutes ago, timcfc said:

It took quite a long time, I was there from 10am until 7pm. Once they shaved the sides and I was pilled up it must have been a solid 6-7 hours with 4 breaks. Dr Reddy took the first set of grafts from the left side pre-lunch and immediately after lunch he took more from the back.

image.png.dc70871805e66819c91b7aba4eb74e9e.png

I can't tell you much about the incisions as I was gritting my teeth at that point, but it felt like he made a few dozen incisions and then his two technicians were working in tandem at preparing the punches and placing the graft. It felt like that was the process for much of the afternoon. Later on in the afternoon he then took the grafts from the right side and the above process was repeated. I could be wrong but I got the impression they extracted too many grafts as it seemed he was taking a lot more time to find incision points in the last stages of the procedure.

image.png.bad6f95d5d997d5a9322f9c2d00b9331.png

image.png.507e2cce124d46a7aca151ba9b00539d.png

image.thumb.png.1ba48b6efc6ca43e7a5f0d5c7a0338bc.png

Edited by timcfc

Thanks for those details. I really wanted to understand with FUE how much time a surgeon who puts their efforts into the patient first needs to spend during extraction to allow a patient to pull off the "Like a Virgin" facade that fools even your parents and family members. I mean, the goal with FUE is less visible scarring so that you have the ability to wear shorter hairstyles. That's why you pay more. Dr. Reddy grades out well beyond an A+ in this regard based upon your case. In any case, my surgeon whips through administration of anesthesia, donor excisions & extractions, graft incisions in one hour flat per 1000 FU's. The outcomes are reflective of it. Patients generally end up with good yield and so they forget why they paid extra for FUE in the first place. Though my surgeon's patients donor sites look like extractions were performed by a graduate of Black Market/body-organ-harvesting-clinics. It is quite polarizing when topics of discussion with my surgeon comes up. My question was so I can mentally contrast the efforts between my procedure vs. yours.

My reaction to your HT has little to do with your non-shedding. As I do with every new journey thread I come up on, I check out the photos first. When I see good work, then I'll read the posts. My reaction is in the quality of the work. No incision was wasted. Not only are the angle of insertion perfect, but also the direction of each. The micro irregularities aren't achieved with tricks like punching a straight line, then dangling zig zags in front of the hairline to break up the linearity. A real effort was put into planning the incisions as if Dr. Reddy was viewing your hair line through the eyes of Mother Nature herself. Your follicles lay on each other like dominoes falling over on themselves. Naturalness is the primary goal of transplanted grafts. That you got density and have super hero mutant healing factor is just the cherry on top.

Congrats and kudos to Dr. Reddy.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Guys,

We can make points without cursing. Lets keep this a professional/educational forum.

Thanks,

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.