timcfc

1000/1200 grafts FUE hairline - 29y/o

I'm guessing its with Farjo, as this site only recommends Reddy and Farjo from the UK, and Reddy always consults himself. Having said that, I'm still surprised at that as I over the years I gathered Farjo was conservative and wouldn't touch a case like you, let alone sign up to giving you a feminine NW0. 
Contact the decent European clinics, and you will be surprised, I'm pretty sure they'l be able to fit you in, in July - what with all the disruption and cancellations. 
Belgium - Feriduni, Bisanga, Lupanzula
Spain - Lorenzo, De Freitas, Couto, 
Turkey - Keser (he's historically reknown for cases such as yours, however I haven't heard or seen much from his work on here recently) 

Book online zoom consultations, agree a date, fly out the day before, have an in person consultation just to make sure everything is ok, 1200-1800 grafts later, you'l be returning home with money left over, and a much better hairline to last you a lifetime. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree with a lot of that @1978matt . I am aware & prepared for the potential for follow up procedures as I age. I agree completely, and would definitely prefer a less aggressive design and like others have mentioned, to follow my existing hairline rather than seeking perfection. Tbh, I would be happy with it not even being lowered, just to fill in the more recessed areas like in the below pic. Forgive the crappy drawing below, it's the best I could do to illustrate what I think is suitable. This is also a more recent photo where I believe demonstrates that fin has done a good job at improving my density as the smaller 'fluffy' hairs were non existent 7 months ago.

image.thumb.png.b13ab861fd467babe96edcd851fb0922.png

To update everyone else, I spoke to the clinic today and I will be seeing the surgeon directly next Monday. He has been mentioned in this thread. I feel it's fair to give him a chance to explain the previous photos before I throw them under the bus.

image.png

Edited by timcfc

I cant believe the number of times that we advise people that badly designed hairlines can lead to a lifetime of regret.

In situations like this, i personally would question why surgery would even be considered.Sometimes things are just better left as they are and this would seem to exemplify this comment.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Posted (edited)

@transplantedphil

I spoke with Dr Reddy, he said it was too low. I showed him the original photographs and suggestions of the designs posted in this thread. He suggested a couple of options. One of which was to just concentrate on the receded areas and that the middle area might need little to no grafts (not lowering the hairline at all, essentially). This is more aligned in what I am looking for I feel - increased hairline density and to fill the receded areas (instead of a perfect new & lowered hairline). I have some photographs which I will try to upload tomorrow.

Edited by timcfc

Photos attached. This was, if I remember rightly, an example of what he thought was the lowest. Like I wrote above, he then suggested we might not even need to go this low, especially in the middle area.

image.png.4eb0d39861dc61ef2da0ad58e9f72717.png

image.png.628ce6cf47f3260771e19fda3586d585.png

image.png.8ca350375c9461a281df509cde235a11.png

Looks better.  You might want to consider if the central portion can be dropped a little, but it is hard to say without seeing a side on photo. 

Ideally you want the line to cross the point where your forhead transitions from vertical to horizontal.  That will give an optimal illusion of a 'low' hairline.

image.png

• Like 1

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

My results thread from 1st procedure.

Yeah I think I would go with more of a dip in the centre which gives less of a flatter hairline. Easy for me to say though, as I don't know what level of baldness you could reach in the future. Sometimes you have to accept a flatter and higher hairline if theres a risk of running out of donor. 

Anyway a lot to think about with the doc on your surgery day. 

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

My results thread from 1st procedure.

Mate how old are you? I would hold off surgery for a while, your hair looks good.

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Mate how old are you? I would hold off surgery for a while, your hair looks good.

Heading says 29 year old.  I do agree there should be no rush to get anything done. He’s good for now. 

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Heading says 29 year old.  I do agree there should be no rush to get anything done. He’s good for now. 

Ahh missed that, my advice is still the same.

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

1 minute ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Ahh missed that, my advice is still the same.

I understand this is far from a severe case, but it is something I've considered for a long time as I've always had a naturally high / receded hairline. I understand my age is a big factor, and that there is high potential for further loss down the line leading to more procedures. Hopefully it won't be any time soon however. If my family history is anything to go by anyway, which luckily isn't that bad for hair loss. Most of the males just suffer increased thinning rather than further recession or complete balding. I'd say my 65 y/o father is probably not too much more recessed than I am (hairline wise) and still has strong donor areas.

Here’s a good example of a guy who looked worse after the hair transplant. He had a perfectly normal hairline before, the hairline he got didn’t match his ethnicity. Caucasians on average have higher hairline with angular temples.

Men of African descent have straighter hairlines with square temples, most wouldn’t know why his hairline doesn’t look natural, but they would just know it isn’t, and that’s the reason.

image.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Here’s a good example of a guy who looked worse after the hair transplant. He had a perfectly normal hairline before, the hairline he got didn’t match his ethnicity. Caucasians on average have higher hairline with angular temples.

Men of African descent have straighter hairlines with square temples, most wouldn’t know why his hairline doesn’t look natural, but they would just know it isn’t, and that’s the reason.

image.jpeg

Did he actually get that done? It looks like a lego. I don't know if you saw the revised mockups I posted, but I don't intend on having anything as dramatic as what that guy had OR what I posted in the OP

Of course you do not NEED a transplant but with a great clinic you can have a great result. I understand the desire. But your risk to benefit ratio is very poor, therefore you need the best available clinic. Even with an average clinic you might look worse than before. You should also think that your current hairstyle might not be possible any more as your donor does not allow buzzing that low. 

Hairline is a mix of math and art, and art is subjective. However, I do not like the new hairline design from the pictures. It is way to round and aggressive on the sides and your temple points do not match this aggressive corners. Also you do not always had a receded hairline, you have a big forehead, which can be seen easily seen from the wrinkles. Your new hairline almost touches your forehead wrinkles...that is not a good design. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Of course you do not NEED a transplant but with a great clinic you can have a great result. I understand the desire. But your risk to benefit ratio is very poor, therefore you need the best available clinic. Even with an average clinic you might look worse than before. You should also think that your current hairstyle might not be possible any more as your donor does not allow buzzing that low. 

Hairline is a mix of math and art, and art is subjective. However, I do not like the new hairline design from the pictures. It is way to round and aggressive on the sides and your temple points do not match this aggressive corners. Also you do not always had a receded hairline, you have a big forehead, which can be seen easily seen from the wrinkles. Your new hairline almost touches your forehead wrinkles...that is not a good design. 

In terms of design, so I fully understand what you're saying, are you suggesting less curvature on the sides and higher in the middle (similar to below?)

image.png.932ab10da10ac0b8b14baf58592eeb59.png

image.png.03d58063565c964ead052df4f49b229d.png