Travelling to Turkey safe? (UK)

Can anyone shed some light on whether it is safe to travel to Turkey from UK?

The clinic I'm going to has availability from September onwards so just wondering if I'm ok to book flights and pay deposit.

Has anyone travelled recently or has anyone booked their HT for the next few months and advise?

Hi Vpac.

im kinda in the same boat as you, I’ve paid my deposit and just waiting for the UK quarantine to be lifted for coming home. I’ve got a date provisionally booked for the 10th of July but can be changed if need be, I’m sure the quarantine is going to be lifted on the 29th June so we’ll just have to sit tight for now. 

Dazed - thanks but that is USA govt advice. I am in the UK so the advice will most likely differ.

Pauls - yes I am looking for September as that's the earliest the clinic I'm looking at has availability so I imagine the situation will be much better by then. I also don't have any issues being quarantined at home after returning to UK because since the lockdown in March I've been told to work from home for the foreseeable future and should have no issues staying at home.

• Valued Contributor
2 hours ago, jmghair said:

I don't think it is safe for your hair. Turkey is the botched hair transplant capital of the world.

+1

There are a couple of patients that show their results and personally they missed so many bullets and were lucky getting a great result. However, if you do your research, the main factor people go there for is because it's so cheap. Why? Because a hair transplant surgeon doesn't just focus on performing one surgery on you for the day. They perform on up to 10 or more a day. It's well known that ex barbers, taxi drivers and Syrian refugees are involved in performing hair transplants in Turkey. I know this sounds crazy but it's all the more reason to be super critical in doing your research before making a major surgical decision that you will have to look at every time you look in a mirror. Look for a surgeon who does all, if not most of the operation and ask about the team who work with that surgeon/surgeons. What parts do they take in the procedure? How long have they been part of the team, etc. Their have been some good results that have come out of Turkey but you want to minimize the risks of a bad outcome, not maximize them. All the best!

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

+1

There are a couple of patients that show their results and personally they missed so many bullets and were lucky getting a great result. However, if you do your research, the main factor people go there for is because it's so cheap. Why? Because a hair transplant surgeon doesn't just focus on performing one surgery on you for the day. They perform on up to 10 or more a day. It's well known that ex barbers, taxi drivers and Syrian refugees are involved in performing hair transplants in Turkey. I know this sounds crazy but it's all the more reason to be super critical in doing your research before making a major surgical decision that you will have to look at every time you look in a mirror. Look for a surgeon who does all, if not most of the operation and ask about the team who work with that surgeon/surgeons. What parts do they take in the procedure? How long have they been part of the team, etc. Their have been some good results that have come out of Turkey but you want to minimize the risks of a bad outcome, not maximize them. All the best!

Even if you took all that out of the equation, FUE is risky enough with the risk of graft trauma low yield etc. Couple that with the lack of any regulation out there and its a recipe for being super f*cked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 4:41 PM, Vpac said:

Can anyone shed some light on whether it is safe to travel to Turkey from UK?

The clinic I'm going to has availability from September onwards so just wondering if I'm ok to book flights and pay deposit.

Has anyone travelled recently or has anyone booked their HT for the next few months and advise?

Hi, I just had a HT in Turkey. Had no issues at all. 

I just got back from Turkey after having an FUE with Dr Demirsoy and had no issues at all.

Re covid19 - everyone wears masks indoors and the vast majority of people do outside too. Aircon is banned across the country (shopping centres etc). Huge contrast to the uk.

Hope this helps