Non surgical options

Hi, 

Does anyone know of any non surgical options in Southern Cal? I know PRP is a new (but fairly effective) procedure. Anyone had experiences with that?

PRP is not new.  The problem is many don't know how to do it.  They either draw too little blood, do not have the proper equipment, do not use a binding agent, etc.  Do some research and start looking at photos of results.  Call and find out what matrix they use.  Also, the addition of laser therapy has been known to give exponential results when used simultaneously.   

• Administrators

The only non surgical option you should be looking at is finasteride and minoxidil, even dermarolling. PRP is overpriced, and the jury’s still out on efficacy IMO.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

PRP is not new.  The problem is many don't know how to do it.  They either draw too little blood, do not have the proper equipment, do not use a binding agent, etc.  Do some research and start looking at photos of results.  Call and find out what matrix they use.  Also, the addition of laser therapy has been known to give exponential results when used simultaneously.   

1 minute ago, a said:
13 hours ago, LaserCap said:

So what are the right questions to ask on this?

Do you have photos of results? How many are required? How often? How long do you have to wait for the next set?

How much blood is drawn? Do you use a matrix? Why is that important? What machine do you use? How is the blood separated?

Do you suggest a laser? Is it a good idea to do other therapies at the same time?

What can I expect? What exactly is PRP?

The most important being the very first question.  It is about results after all.

Things to look out for:  No photos, walk away. They do a syringe size each time, walk away.  They want you back in a week, walk away. They do not use a binding agent, walk away. They don't believe in other modalities, walk away.