A few questions

Hi everybody.

I have a few questions regarding a hair transplant procedure.

1. I read many forums online and I really like Hasson and Wong clinic. I think I want to go there. But I read on their website that the technicians are doing the extractions (maybe Im wrong). Is that true? And if so, is it such a bad thing? What is your opinion about the clinic? I dont care how much it will cost or where I need to go. I Just want the best result i can get (from what I saw H&W are really good)

2. Im 24 years old , and  for more than two years I suffer from male pattern baldness.  A year ago, after I saw my temples receding. I started taking finasteride and I think my hair loss has stabilized ( from time to time I am shedding but my doctor thinks its normal, and that my hairline has not receded further in the last year. But  still, am I too young to have this kind of procedure? I just want to fix the temples.

3. In the future (after a procedure) if I would continue to lose hair to the point I will have to go bald. How bad will be the FUE scars? (I only want FUE at this time)

I am new here, so I hope I asked appropraite questions

Thank you.

I could answer for H&W, yes they do have technicians who do the extractions. The doctor is involved in originally discussing the plan with you, I.e graft total, where to draw the hairline etc.. and then after his technicians are done creating extractions, the doctor comes back into the room to make incisions for where your grafts will go. After he’s done, another group Of techs  will place the grafts in.

this is a pretty consistent practice Among many of the top surgeons. Only a handful do the extractions themselves, dr. Diep is one that I know that does it. However, consulting with dr. Hasson, rahal, Bisanga and eugenix, they all have technicians who do the extractions. 

this isn’t a problem, if H&w are putting out consistent results, they have a good team behind them. If you’re choosing H&W, you’re going with one of the best in the world. 

as for everything else mentioned, someone else may be better equipped to answer. Whether you should do it now, depends on long term medication use & and family history to try to see where you’ll be headed down the road. A lot of the good FUE results I see here, guys could shave their hair down to as little as 0.5 and it’s hardly noticeable. Look up mike thurston on YouTube, he had an fue done and keeps his hair very short, so that could be an example of the expectations 

Edited by TorontoMan

On 6/13/2020 at 8:04 PM, TorontoMan said:

I could answer for H&W, yes they do have technicians who do the extractions. The doctor is involved in originally discussing the plan with you, I.e graft total, where to draw the hairline etc.. and then after his technicians are done creating extractions, the doctor comes back into the room to make incisions for where your grafts will go. After he’s done, another group Of techs  will place the grafts in.

this is a pretty consistent practice Among many of the top surgeons. Only a handful do the extractions themselves, dr. Diep is one that I know that does it. However, consulting with dr. Hasson, rahal, Bisanga and eugenix, they all have technicians who do the extractions. 

this isn’t a problem, if H&w are putting out consistent results, they have a good team behind them. If you’re choosing H&W, you’re going with one of the best in the world. 

as for everything else mentioned, someone else may be better equipped to answer. Whether you should do it now, depends on long term medication use & and family history to try to see where you’ll be headed down the road. A lot of the good FUE results I see here, guys could shave their hair down to as little as 0.5 and it’s hardly noticeable. Look up mike thurston on YouTube, he had an fue done and keeps his hair very short, so that could be an example of the expectations 

Thank you for your comment. Waiting for comments about my other questions 

• Moderators

What do you mean by doing the extractions? At True & Dorin in NY Dr Dorin does the incisions/ punches/ whatever you call it and here's a tech working with him to pull them out.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.